Fakemon #1: Names and Dex entries

bacon

!!!!!
For those of you who check out Fan Creations often, you are probably aware of the Fakemon competition that has been going on for the past month. After a seemingly endless period of superb submissions and intense voting, we finally have a winning entry...

...but this entry has no name! And it has no Pokedex information either. So, we will have another competition purely for these two, lasting a month. The first 3 weeks will be the submission period, where people post their ideas for names and dex entries. The remaining week will be the voting period, where people decide what their favourite name and dex entry is.

If you want to submit your idea for a name and entry, just post in this thread. You didn't have to be active in the art vote or anything. Nothing is required (apart from your submission of course!). I have a few guidelines you should follow though:

1) A name must be between 3 and 10 letters long.
2) There is no fixed length for Pokedex entries, but don't submit anything ridiculous like 3 words or 20 lines. 2 lines is a good length to aim for.
3) You must enter names for all three Fakemon. Same goes for dex entries.
4) You don't have to submit both names and entries, you can do one or the other. We will hold seperate votes for both.
5) Proper spelling and grammar!

I won't go into great detail about the vote (I'll explain it when the time comes), but like before this vote will be public.

So... the Fakemon:

Fakemon #1 (Grass type)

Fakemon #2 (Grass/Dark type)
Fakemon #3 (Grass/Dark type)

Other information: These are supposed to be defensive Pokemon, so try and convey that in your names/entries. First dude is based on an acorn, but the others kind of grow out of that. They all wear helmets. As you can see, the final evolution has the ability to wrap up its arms to form a sort of armour. That's all that we have, but you can invent other facts if you wish (you will probably need to).

Get to it guys! The submissions for these end on the 16th of August!

I may do names but I can't think of any so I'll just do entries.

Fakemon 1.

Type: Grass.
Height: 3ft. 2inches.
Weight: 12.7 lbs.
The Acorn Pokemon. (name) tend to live in forest filled enviorments. It lives in groups to ward off intruders. Some believe that the acorn it wears is part of its body while others believe it is actually a helmet. But they have never found out because they could never remove the acorn.

Fakemon 2.

Type: Grass-Dark.
Height: 4 ft. 3 inches.
Weight: 50.9 lbs.
The Leaf Pokemon. (name) like to live in places completely shrouded by trees. Although scientists have tried to find out, no one knows what its face really looks like because (name) is always wearing its helmet.

Fakemon 3.

Type: Grass-Dark.
Height: 5 ft. 2 inches.
Weight: 120.7 lbs.
The Oak Pokemon. (name) only live in places with rich nutrients. When it arm's form a shield it is almost impossible to break through it. This causes it to not be attacked often.

(The reason the descriptions are so short is because if you've ever seen a real entry they're pretty short.)

...er i dont know... i liked this idea at first, but now... well if i were to win in the art, i wouldnt want others to decide the names and such for my pokemon. because, for example, my entry was mainly based on his abilities and moves. and i usually come up with a good idea THEN draw a pokemon around it....
and i liked your original idea best.
...so i may just drop out of this competiton

Yeah I'm not sure I like this. xD The Dex entries and names should be thought of by the creator, as they're all part of the Pokemon. imo.

No78 said:
Yeah I'm not sure I like this. xD The Dex entries and names should be thought of by the creator, as they're all part of the Pokemon. imo.
yea, it would be better if the person (artist) needs help then he/she can ask for it or accept suggestions. but ultimately it is his/her decision
what do you think scampy?

Just let it play out for now, it's too early to make a judgement.

I actually do not understand your concerns though. These dex entries will be part of the Fakemon in question because... well, they are the dex entries. It's not as if these will be completely different to the idea you originally thought of- quite the opposite in fact, as Dex entries not clearly relating to the Fakemon aren't going to get many votes.

I am doing this for two reasons. First of all, it gives those who aren't good at art a chance to participate. Secondly (and more importantly) though, the original contest is largely based on how good someone is at art. This is not strictly fair, because somebody who is good at art may not be good at names and dex entries.

i just wouldnt want someone to massacure my ideas with changes is all. i think we should have a choice if we want help or not. (but i wouldnt mind help with names, so i could suggest that)
as for the people that are good at art but not the concept of their pokemon... maybe we could come up with a concept... THEN we could draw it and pick the best one... just an idea.

Well, I'll enter names.

Fakemon 1: Acornite (acorn + mite)

Fakemon 2: Helmanut (helmet + nut)

Fakemon 3: Rootank (root + tank)

That's my submission! :D

Basic - Nutleaf (nut-leef)

Stage 1 - Gradleleaf (gruh-dul-leef, or gray-dul-leef, or grah-dul-leef)

Stage 2 - Waldashii (wall-duh-shee, or wall-dah-shee)

scampy said:
Just let it play out for now, it's too early to make a judgement.

I actually do not understand your concerns though. These dex entries will be part of the Fakemon in question because... well, they are the dex entries. It's not as if these will be completely different to the idea you originally thought of- quite the opposite in fact, as Dex entries not clearly relating to the Fakemon aren't going to get many votes.

I am doing this for two reasons. First of all, it gives those who aren't good at art a chance to participate. Secondly (and more importantly) though, the original contest is largely based on how good someone is at art. This is not strictly fair, because somebody who is good at art may not be good at names and dex entries.

See, that's the part I don't get. What was the point of submitting them before if the people weren't even going to keep them? >__> And I thought your entries were fine. Unless you're paranoid and you want better ones. ;f

dmaster out.

I think it's fine that creations aren't necessarily named by their creators. The goal of the contest was to submit art, nothing more. Smogon's CAP process (which is way more organized and thought-out than this is) has literally everything about a Pokemon voted on, not just the art and name.

Of course, I'm biased in favor of bacon's idea because I can't draw worth a lick, and I can understand the frustration of the artists. However, I also agree with bacon when he says that you should just wait it out and see how it goes. It is the first contest, after all.

I'll probably post something another time.

As promised!

Okay. bacon, I like your names and dex entries, so I hope it's okay if I steal them. I had to take a couple liberties, like with height and weight, so yeah.

Name: Siniseed (sin-iss-eed)
Code:
Etymology: Sinister + Seed
Species: Acorn
Type(s): Grass
Height: 2'7"
Weight: 57.8 lbs.
Base Stats: In the order of: HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef, Speed

50/60/70/40/80/30

Total: 330

Ability: Unaware

Pokedex: It lives on top of tall trees to escape predators. If it falls, the helmet on its head protects it from most injuries.

Moves:

Level Up:

-- Tackle
06 Bullet Seed
10 Gust
17 Defense Curl
25 Magical Leaf
30 Headbutt
36 Beat Up
43 Rest
51 Leaf Blade

TM/HM:

TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - SolarBeam
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM64 - Explosion
TM66 - Payback
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM90 - Substitute
HM1 - Cut

Move Tutors

Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Synthesis
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Seed Bomb

Egg Moves (Ground group)

Block
Leech Seed
Amnesia
Quick Attack
Punishment
Curse

Evolution: Walnite @ L28

Name: Walnite (wawln-ite)
Code:
Etymology: Walnut + Knight
Species: Blocker
Type(s): Grass/Dark
Height: 4'9"
Weight: 239.4 lbs.

70/60/100/40/110/40

Total: 420

Pokedex: It prefers to live in secluded environments. Its arms are used to both block attacks, and absorb more energy through photosynthesis.

Moves:

Level Up:

-- Tackle
-- Bullet Seed
13 Bite
22 Defense Curl
25 Magical Leaf
30 Leaf Blade
39 Iron Defense
47 Rest
54 Crunch

TM/HM:

TM04 - Calm Mind
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - SolarBeam
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM64 - Explosion
TM66 - Payback
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM1 - Cut
HM4 - Strength
HM6 - Rock Smash

Move Tutors

Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Synthesis
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Seed Bomb

Egg Moves (Ground group)

Block
Leech Seed
Amnesia
Quick Attack
Punishment
Curse

Evolution: Juggernut @ L45

Name: Juggernut (jug-r-nut)
Code:
Etymology: Juggernaut + Nut
Species: Shield
Type(s): Grass/Dark
Height: 7'11"
Weight: 731.9 lbs.

130/60/140/40/140/40

Total: 550

Pokedex: The helmet it wears is as hard as steel. When threatened, it can wrap up its arms to form an impenetrable defense.

Moves:

Level Up:

-- Slash
-- Leaf Blade
-- Iron Defense
-- Rest
29 Defense Curl
34 Magical Leaf
37 Leaf Blade
43 Iron Defense
48 Rest
61 Crunch
70 Explosion

TM/HM:

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - SolarBeam
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM47 - Steel Wing
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM64 - Explosion
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM1 - Cut
HM2 - Fly
HM3 - Surf
HM4 - Strength
HM5 - Defog
HM6 - Rock Smash
HM8 - Rock Climb

Move Tutors

Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Synthesis
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Seed Bomb

Egg Moves (Ground group)

Block
Leech Seed
Amnesia
Quick Attack
Punishment
Curse

Evolution:  None

r8/h8 although I'm not sure many people will care and bacon, I hope I do your fake justice because I like this thing.

Awesome entry PMJ, though i do have a couple of questions.

With it being a starter line, wouldn't it normally have Overgrow as its ability? And wouldn't it evolve at like.. er.. starter-ish levels? Like around 16, then 36...

Other than that.. everything seems to be fine.

I liked bacon's names too. ^^

I forgot it was supposed to be a starter. Unaware helps it fulfill its tankish role more effectively by ruining anyone trying to set up.

This is totally wrong. Really. The maker of the fakemon should have full creative control. It's not unfair that people who cannot draw well are at a disadvantage, that's part of the contest. Not having natural talent is no excuse--it's all about working hard. I could barely draw stick figures coherently before, and look where I am now. It's all about practice and persistence. If you can't put that forth, then you really didn't deserve to win, did you?

If you want to make a contest for those unable to draw, I suggest you have a seperate concept-based Fakemon contest withpout drawn entries. Otherwise you're just messing with the rights of the creators.

Respectfully,
Dauntless

EDIT: P.S. Now if the artist in question says they don't want to provide info, that's perfectly fine. But if they do, then it just isn't fair.

I stand by my decision that this is a good idea, but I guess hardly anyone else agrees with me. :p So this will be the last competition of its kind. We'll vote on this guy as people have submitted their entries already, but after that Names and Entries will be submitted by the artist alongside their picture.

We could always mimic Smogon's order of operations.

I think it is a very good idea to split up things and vote separately. Division of labor produces higher-quality end results than if one person were to do everything. Please continue this course of action in further competitions.

I don't generally do dex entries; I do stats and movesets. I assume there will be separate voting for each set.

I'll suggest the name Succull (sŭk'yəl, succubus/succulent + cull) for the middle evolution. Siniseed and Juggernut are very good names already.

Dex entry for Succull: It draws nourishment for its hardened, fleshy body from picking on those weaker than itself. As it develops, it abuses stronger individuals.

I'll do stats and movesets in another post.

^well its back to the old way so this thread should probably be locked
i dont like this way, because with the old way, we can still ask members for help
we need to make a "fakemon comp help thread" or something

Back