• Tell their older siblings.

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Keep it all to myself.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play
Backstory Time:
So, I have been playing TCG competitively for a while now, and one day my little cousins come over. Of course they are instantly fascinated by my "huge" :p pokemon collection and I try to show them how to play. Long story short, they had a great time and it was fun losing on purpose to see their smiles. By the way they are like 8 and 6 years old.
Problem:
So I'm visiting my older cousins and my little cousins are there to they come up to me like, " *insert name here* Insert name here* come see our pokemon collection." Of course I go to have a look and low and behold at least 90% of the cards are fake. I don't know what to say so I just go with, " wow, you have so many cool cards, I wish I had these." Anyway, I should be seeing them soon and I want to decide whether or not to tell them or just tell their older siblings ( the finders of the cards).

Nah there's no real reason to tell them and rain on their parade. As long as they don't plan on playing in tournaments or anything, they never have to find out and have Pokemon ruined because of it.

You should discuss this with your older cousins and have your older cousins talk about it to your younger cousins.

EDIT: Cinema brings up a good point.

If I were you I would talk to the older siblings first. The younger ones wouldn't know too much about fake cards, but the older ones will have an easier time of understanding. Do they live near a Flea Market? If so, advise them to not go into the market to buy Pokemon cards even if the prices are cheap. Just tell them that they should buy the cards at Big Box stores or comic/game stores. That way they can be sure that the cards aren't fake. In addition, just tell them how to spot a fake card. Knowledge is the key!

Tell the older cousins at least. If they want to tell them, that's fine; if not, let them be. If they continue to buy fake cards, they could be extremely disappointed in a couple years if they do plan on starting to play the game. Honesty is, in general, the best policy– at least let their siblings know so that they can decide what to do regarding the information you give them.

Thanks a lot you guys, this is a big help and I will bring it up the next time I'm over there. By the way,their older siblings actually FOUND the cards. I asked them where and they said they forgot. Very suspicious :p.

Back