• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fairytales (M Gardevoir EX / Xerneas / Aromatisse)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
FAIRYTALES

Pokémon (16):
  • 3 M Gardevoir EX (beatdown)
  • 3 Gardevoir EX (beatdown)
  • 4 Xerneas (beatdown)
  • 2 Shaymin Ex (draw)
  • 2 Aromatisse (move)
  • 2 Spritzee (evolve)
Trainer (32):
  • 2 Prof. Birch's Observation (draw)
  • 2 Pokémon Fan Club (search)
  • 4 Professor Juniper (draw)
  • 1 Lysandre (control)
  • 1 AZ (retrieval)
  • 1 Startling Megaphone (discard)
  • 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link (evolve)
  • 3 Trainer's Mail (search)
  • 3 Exp. Share (maintain)
  • 3 VS Seeker (retrieve)
  • 1 Level Ball (search)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Fairy Garden (retreat)
Energy (12):
  • 12 Fairy Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Xerneas and bench two other basics. Accelerate to the bench for two turns. Built Aromatisse and M Gardevoir Ex. On the third turn start to attack.

Last edited:
Wonder Energy doesn't prevent Item Locks, as the effect is placed on you, not on your Pokémon. Also, I think a 2-2 split between Repeat and Ultra Ball is better, as imo 5 searching Items is too much especially with Toad around.

Hi Vom,

Thanks for the review. Seems like I did not pay enough attention and it makes the fairies special energy much less usefull. I consider to remove it in favor of basic energies since status attacks are not real common. I will also remove one Repeat Ball since four search cards should be sufficient. Could use the slot for a third Vs Seeker.

You're welcome, but I think VS Seeker is fine at 2, and now that I think about it, metal decks destroy you. To solve this, you could add Victini EX and Victory Piece, which would also give you an answer against Virigen and it also accelerated Energy.

Hi Vom,

Victini Ex is too frail to work as a counter. Most deck will be able to ohko him with ease turn two or once he attacked for the first time. I would rather accept the metal weakness since metal decks should at least be much slower.

Could Sylveon Curly Ribbon be used to knock away the metal energies and/or leaf crush Leafeon?

Hi there, as a fairy transfer player as well, the metal weakness is a concern. Some solutions I have come with were:
- stick with rainbow energy and run pyroar. You don't have to make rainbow energy the core focus, but it makes a nice complimentary attacker. Decent if you're already running other attackers.
- Run Xerosic and remove the Spirit Link after Mega evolving, then attach a Weakness Policy. Xerosic is handy outside of the metal matchup too, especially if youre item locked and need to get rid of a DCE or a Float Stone or something. Not very consistent though.
- Rely on Gardevoir's Shining Wind to remove it's own weakness and accept the 2HKO's. Not very reliable.

Overall, I don't consider the Metal Matchup too big of a deal. Dialga EX's are OHKOing you anyway, Cobalion EX doesn't apply weakness with Steel Bullet, and Righteous Edge isn't ko'ing you efficiently anyway. The only real threat would be Aegislash-EX and baby Cobalion, and even then, you have Brilliant Arrow to take OHKO's.

Also consider Xerneas EX, it's a decent beatdown attacker that provides snipe damage to the bench, thus softening them up for Brilliant Arrow, allowing you to attack with other attackers as well. I personally run 2.

Hi bbninjas,

Thanks for the review. Not sure on Sylvion since he would consume a lot of deck space and does not hit for much. Enhanced Hammer would be another option to remove double colorless. Not worried too much about the metal weakness since a fueled Dialga Ex ohkos Pokémon Ex even without weakness and M Aggron Ex does the same to mega evolutions.

Hi CHAcolate,

Thanks for the review. I feel the same about the metal weakness. For that reason Weakness Policy does not seem that useful in this deck. How about Enhanced Hammer to slow down metal decks? Without double colorless metal should be considerable slower than fairies and it is also useful in other matches. Another option would be to include two Head Ringer to slow the opponent down. Will also consider either Xerneas Ex or Florges Ex as an alternate attacker.

i would make the deck more focused (only a preference)
4 xerneas (you really want to start with him)
3-3 gardevoir
3-2 aromatisse
im not sure about birch... the average draw would be 5,5 and the max 10 , is not as good as colress IMO
also you really want dowsing machine in this deck, since you need fairy garden always in play, and recover a max potion could be vital in a long game

Personally I wouldn't run a Fairy deck without a 3-2 Aromatisse line and 4 Fairy Gardens. Spirtzee -> Aromatisse is the cornerstone of the deck. If your 1 out of 2 Spritzees is prized or gets knocked out early then you will be in trouble. People will target your Spritzees as soon as they see them. Fairy Garden helps the deck run so much smoother and it can act as a counter-stadium.

Pokemon Fan Club is a great card in these kinds of decks. This deck is all about setting up, so any card that lets you do that is a must. I would replace the 2 Birch and 1 AZ with 3 Fan Club.

Another thing that I noticed that you are only running 1 Megaphone. The deck falls apart without Fairy Transfer so I urge you to bump it up to 2. Ability-based decks can't afford to run just 1.

I agree with energyfullart(? about Dowsing Machine. Scoop Up Cyclone is unnecessary when you're running 3 Max Potions, 2 Escape Ropes, and Fairy Garden.

Are you determined to make this a Fairy-only deck? If not then also consider cards like Mewtwo EX, Jirachi EX, and Druddigon (Revenge). Mewtwo EX fits nicely in this deck as a backup attacker. Your mileage may vary on Druddigon (Revenge), but Jirachi EX is good to help guarantee a turn 1 supporter. Fairy energies are all you will need for those two attackers.

Have you tested this with proxies yet? I'd be interested to hear how the Xerneas EX is working out for you. In theory it's really good against Donphan. X-Blast OHKOs Donphan and all of its walls. Break Through 60 + 30 snipe can take out two Robo Substitutes in one attack.

Hi energyfullart,

Thanks for the review. Dowsing Maschine will be used over Scoop Up Cyclone since this variant needs to be more flexible than other mono fairies decks.

I also like the Pokémon line which is close to what I started with. However I had one less M Gardevoir Ex because I had troubles to fit the third one into the deck. If you have any idea on how to achieve this aim please let me know.

Hi Krusiv,

Thanks for the review. Did not have the time to test the deck much until now since the cards just arrived today. I started from former fairies and darkness decks since the deck is intended to be a cross between these two decks.

I can see the reason behind Dowsing Maschine and will sure use it over Scoop Up Cyclone. I also cut Az in favor of a second Lysandre. decided to run three Pokémon Fan Club after some test runs. It seems that the deck looses steam when it does not have three Pokémon out turn one.

Not sure about Xerneas Ex and Mewtwo Ex at the moment since both need at least three energies. Florges Ex seems to need less resources but I am still thorn between Xerneas Ex and Florges Ex.

Hi I think that you could ad a wing attack charizard ex for the metal match up since it only costs colorless.

You should consider Florges EX and Pokemon Fan Club. Florges can be good for 140 dmg with a Muscle Band for 2 energy. I am playing a deck similar and Xerneas EX helps when you need it to tank a attack or two.

Hi Aviste,

Thanks for the review. Not sure on Charizard Ex. He does not seem to be needed that much and metal is rather uncommon around here since it tends to be slow.

Hi Zachary Miller,

Thanks for the review. Revised the deck a little and decided to include three Pokémon Fan Club after a few test runs. The deck above used to be a Florges Ex deck with Hard Charm and Jamming Net but I wanted to turn it into a M Gardevoir Ex deck since that card seems to be decent. Still thorn between Florges Ex and Xerneas Ex as the second attacker but decided on Florges Ex at the moment because of the low attack cost.

Have you considered using hard charm and/or jamming net to prevent most damage done to your pokemon? As I see it, if you're going with Florges EX as a secondary attacker, hard charm may be worth the space. You can even use it on your Aromatisse to prevent the K.O. when your opponent targets your bench. Jamming Net does the same, and prevents your opponent from using Muscle Band or whatever he or she uses on his or her pokemon EX.

Hi Lynhänder,

Thanks for the review. Nets would be nice but the deck does not have the room for it. The previous fairy deck focused on Florges Ex and ran Hard Charm in addition to Jamming Net. Built this deck when Phantom Forces was released since Darkness decks were popular and common around here at that time. Read that a similar deck did rather well at the ECC but with less of a focus on Florges Ex.

The one card I would like to fit into this deck is Energy Recycle. It is a promo card which shuffles five basic energies from the discard back into the deck. The problem is that I am unsure on what to remove for it at the moment. I tend to lean toward cutting one basic energy in favor of energy recycle but still not sure on it.

Energy Recycle is not needed at all, you will not be discarding Energy and 11-12 Energy is enough to have attackers for the game. Also, I would take out the Florges EX and would run a 3-2 Aromatisse line.
A 2-1 split between Ultra and Repeat Ball would be optimal, since with PFC you can get your basics out consistently.
I recommend -1 Energy +1 Evosoda for those times you won't have enough resources to use Ultra or Repeat Ball and really need an Aromatisse/M Gardy. Ik it sounds very situational, but it's pretty good and 11 Energies is what I run and the deck runs smoothly, sometimes I even get too much Energy on my hand.

Hi Vom,

Thanks for the review. Will test the two Ultra Ball and either one Repeat Ball, or one Evosoda but want to stick with Florges Ex as a second attacker. The tech Energy Recycle was intended to enable me to switch rebuilt the board when faced with other ohko decks. Florges is not bad in these situations but rebuilding with Xerneas could expose my resources even less.

Btw: Like your avatar.

The only OHKO decks played atm are Genesect EX, P Groudon EX, Metal and M Gardy.
Against Genesect match-up is pretty even or maybe slightly in Gardy's favor depending on both player's skill as they can't OHKO your M Gardys and can't take easy Prizes unless you put the Spritzees into play or they get their tools and Deoxys EX out, so not much to do here.
P Groudon EX decks are pretty slow, you should have enough resources to handle the Groudons, just watch out for the early KOs on Spritzees. Also, if they were to OHKO one Gardy, remember setting up one Groudon EX is a lot of work and you can always catch up since your set up is so much quicker. Don't be afraid to fall behind in Prizes to set up, as with a proper set up you can come back easily (once I was losing 6-3 against metal for setting up but I ended up wining that game), so focus more on KOing Hawluchas and Ladoruses than KOing Groudons.
Let's be honest, there's not much you can do against metal, just take the autoloss here. But there are always those times you still win :p
Against other Gardy decks, I haven't really played any tbh, but I think if you kill all the Xerneas quickly they shouldn't be able to set up as fast as you.

How does Florges help in those situations? I'd like to know, maybe it's useful xD

P.S: Thanks! :D

Hi Vom,

We use japanese cards which means that Camerupt Ex with Magma Camerupt is another ohko deck that is rather stable and matches M Gardevoir Ex in terms of speed. Metal is an issue but metal decks are real uncommon here. Florges Ex works well to set up when you do not draw in Xerneas turn one since it can search Fan Club. It is also nice as a Seismitoad Ex counter to ease the item lock and a a low cost attacker in situations where M Gardevoir Ex is not ready to ohko.

Back