• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fairy gets big support!

Ryan Sinclair

4-2-2 at my first Nats, 33rd/151
Pokemon - 15
  • 3 Xerneas
  • 3 Xerneas EX
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 2-2 Aromatisse
  • 2-2 Slurpuff

Trainers - 34
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Colress
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Evolution Soda
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 1 Virbank City Gym
  • 1 Computer Search

Energy - 11
  • 9 Fairy
  • 2 DCE

Strategy
Woohoo, our first Fairy deck!
Aromatisse and Slurpuff provide huge support with their respective abilities moving Fairy Energy to allow for Max Potion shenanigans and immunity to Special Conditions.
Xerneas-EX is our main attacker, with X Blast dealing 160 with Muscle Band, or 170 after a Laser.
Keldeo-EX is there with Float Stone merely to ensure you can use X Blast every turn.

A couple of notes:
Enhanced Hammer: this is mainly due to my local area playing tons of Special Energy. My girlfriend is playing a deck with tons of Prism and Plasma, and there's a lot of VirMew2 and VirGen here.
Computer Search: couldn't think of any better Ace Spec. I don't think Dowsing Machine would fit here.

Edits:
+3 Xerneas, -1 [Y] Energy, -1 Keldeo EX, -1 Level Ball.
3 Xerneas is necessary to ensure you start with it. You only need 1 Keldeo in play and Catcher can't bring it out to kill it - if it's prized you still can Float Stone to a different Xerneas EX to attack and move all the Energy. Only need 1 Level Ball if playing Soda.

I'm still kind of squeeing on the inside because of all of this strong Fairy support, I've been anxious for awhile to see what kind of decks we can work with :D! I think a couple of Victini EXs should be thrown in to accelerate the Fairy Energy, I say that because a card like Hydreigon is great because of the extra acceleration Dark Patch gives, which lets Hydreigon do more work. More shenanigans can be instead of that, it can have Yveltal EX and with a few Dark Energies it can spam Y Cyclone over and over again.

You're still only attaching one energy at a time unless you run Wigglytuff. That's the only thing the type is missing, that energy accel.

you have unlimited energy switchs with aromatisse why not ho-oh ex?
once discarded, get it back with 3 fairy energies then you use fairy trans...

Ho-oh EX gets 3 "different" basic energies, it can't bring back just 3 basic energies (if only lol). This is why I suggest Victini EX because it can bring out 2 Fairy Energies along with the benefit of attaching to different benched Pokemon for 1 Fire energy cost.

Edit: Also, since Ho-oh EX's ability is a flip, you might not even get it to activate because of bad luck. It is inconsistent in that regard, plus Garbodor can shut it down with a tool. Victini EX has an attack that does it, so it can't really be shut down.

you're right about ho-oh but:
you let victini-ex exposed to a KO, so 2 cheap prizes xD
victini needs 1 fire energy
playing prisma or rainbow is a waste of slots and you cannot search them with turbo energize

It isn't that easy to T2 KO anymore. Sure it's doable, but not with new rules, especially if you go first.
In fact, if you go first, you're under no hindrance anyway. T1 attach DCE/Fairy to Xerneas, T2 Skyla/Computer Search/other Energy, attach to Xerneas and you can hit off a 60/30 straight away.

Yeah, Victini EX is an easy 2 prizes, but consider this. That new Supporter card, Cassius, lets you shuffle a Pokemon you have with all cards attached to it back to your deck. Sort of like Super Scoop Up, but it does take your supporter per turn slot. Its something to think about considering Victini's frailness.

ok this is the answer:
Xerneas - Fairy - HP130
Basic Pokemon

[Y] Geo Control: Choose 2 of your Benched Pokemon. Search your deck for a [Y] Energy for each Pokemon you chose and attach the [Y] Energy to them. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
[Y][Y][C] Rainbow Lance: 100 damage. Discard a [Y] attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2

energyfullart(? said:
ok this is the answer:
Xerneas - Fairy - HP130
Basic Pokemon

[Y] Geo Control: Choose 2 of your Benched Pokemon. Search your deck for a [Y] Energy for each Pokemon you chose and attach the [Y] Energy to them. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
[Y][Y][C] Rainbow Lance: 100 damage. Discard a [Y] attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2

Where does that come in at?

That comes in the Xerneas half decks...in Japan at least. They'll probably be some promo card for us, or in our actual XY set.

This will be enjoyable to play against when the sets are here.
Tree army, you know it's coming, but at least I don't see this deck fail too quickly if it goes first, so lets hope that your deck will work out.
Here's my question, are you really sure you want to be running Max potion? You are attaching one energy a turn, no energy acceleration and a max potion to discard it all? You'll have to get some kind of energy acceleration soon, or else this deck won't be surviving at all.

I would cut the Max Potion count to 2, but this deck has Aromatisse with Fairy Trans! You can move all the Fairy energy aside, heal, then move it back onto the healed Pokemon. This is just like Hydreigon and Dark Transfer but for Fairies.

The Xerneas is the same one that comes in the Xerneas/Yveltal Boxes, and I believe it will come in the XY Set as well. Anyways, Rainbow Energy will give huge synergy in this deck. Throw in some secondary attacker in Reshiram(to counter Metal) and/or Mewtwo-EX and the deck is ready to go.

My thoughts were the Reshiram as well. With Rainbow Energy back in action, we'll have decks like Shift Gear w/ Rainbow Energy again.

Luispipe8 said:
The Xerneas is the same one that comes in the Xerneas/Yveltal Boxes, and I believe it will come in the XY Set as well. Anyways, Rainbow Energy will give huge synergy in this deck. Throw in some secondary attacker in Reshiram(to counter Metal) and/or Mewtwo-EX and the deck is ready to go.

Very true, I'd tech in Steel and Fire because you know you'll see plenty of mirrors, than Fire to of course counter weakness. All around the deck as a whole will see its share of play, I don't expect it to win anything big though until we see more support from future sets.

Add in Reshiram and Xerneas (non-EX) and the Pokémon count gets way too high. I don't think Reshiram is imperative, LaserBank Muscle Band Xerneas-EX hits for 190 which takes out any Metal type. Cobalion-EX doesn't hit for Weakness, and if your Xerneas-EX has no damage on it then Skarmory-EX only hits for 160. Max Potion that off, kill the bird and keep going like nothing happened.

Seeing as Metal struggles to OHKO our Xerneas-EX unless it's already been harmed, I think 4 Max Potion is still best.

Probably best to go with straight-up consistency and Fairy offense/support as opposed to playing too many techs. The mirror would be a case of whoever can kill the most Xerneas-EXs.

Genuinely already seeing Xerneas decks as strong top-tier contenders, imo.

But trees would just eat everything up at this stage, nothing is as powerful as Stage1Gothitelletreeedition/Accelgor or variants that will be running around all over the place.
Items will be locked, thus everything becoming a lot harder to power up.
Personally with Yveltal I see a strong rise in power with Darkrai, even considering running less Darkrai and just replacing most of them with Yveltal (but keeping 1-2 Darkrai for the free retreat cost) but it'll get eaten by trees, because trees will lock everything with roots of doom, Darkrai will loose most of the time, no doubt. Blastoise might get away, some of the time, if people run Wartortle, but then again, by the time people set up Blastoise+keldeo+energies, the item lock is in play, everything gets eaten.
Empoleon (Dusknoir and variants) will have a hard time setting up, just like Blastoise, maybe even worse because the high requirement of Pokemon that need to be in play, and the rare candies that are in the deck are essential for the strategy.
Ho-oh will not be able to power up, Ultra balls and computer search/ Dowsing machine are locked, no discards to power up Ho-oh.
Virizion/Genesect might just barely get away, if they can get the plasma energies(with Colress machine) in play early, and energies running, will actually be the only thing that stands up to trees because of the immunity to special conditions, but Trees have the extra potential that Gothitelle does not have, and and surely there might be a squeeze to the pokemon/strategy against VirGen.
Gothitelle is a waste of everyone's time when trees are here.
And pretty much everything will get absolutely DESTROYED by trees
This deck is no exception to be taken out by trees, if you are relying on Max potion, trees will lock you down with your energies floating around on your other Pokemon while you're locked from potions, and even if the Energies are kept when loosing Xerneas, Trees won't have a problem at all taking out Xerneas,(don't forget that other decks can also run bangle/bands, Poison will hit for 10-30) but Xerneas might have to work harder to take out around 6- Pokemon(Depending on if Mew EX is in trees, and if it is a viable target). Trees will not have an issue setting up their strategy quickly, even if you knock out a tree, they will just come back, super rod is also very viable in trees.
So, with Rainbow energy coming in, the best thing is to run Pokemon that can counter trees, but then again, trees with Hammers will be a catastrophe.

At least the trees aren't walls with 110 HP total. X Blast will knock them silly along with a couple Break Through's, though we'll have to see how that matchup fairs up.

Back