• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fairy/Garvedoir GX help

CrusherMania1592

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all! I have recently started getting back into the game a year ago and played casual. Now that I want to go a bit more competitive, I'd like some feedback for helping with my deck.

Right now this is what I have in my Fairy/Garvedoir deck currently

Pokemon (18)

Diancie
Mega Garvedoir EX (moved to Expanded deck)
Garvedoir EX x2
Garvedoir GX x2
Gallade
Kirlia x2
Ralts x3
Xerneas x2
Xerneas BREAK
Eevee
Slyveon GX
Lugia EX (moved to different Expanded deck)

Trainer Cards (24)

Ninja Boy
Float Stone
Nest Ball x2
Wally
Energy Retrieval
Choice Band
Fairy Drop x2
Wishful Baton
Professor Sycamore
Professor Kukui
Switch
Pokemon Fan Club
Professor's Letter x2
Hau
Skyla
Ultra Ball
Lysandre (moved to Expanded deck)
Fairy Garden
Escape Rope
Karen
Rescue Stretcher

Energy Cards (18)

Fairy Energy x13
Double Coloress Energy x3
Wonder Energy x2 (moved to Expanded deck)

Before anyone go for a second Lele, please note that I only have one and want to keep it in one deck only (and I'd like to try this one, if not another one) until I get lucky and find one at a good price or feel it's not right for the deck.

Any feedback is much appreciated because I'm looking to build a standard deck here. I already know which needs to be moved to Expanded so help a fellow player out!

Probably need to decide that you're playing a Garde GX deck first?
If so, then playing all of Diancie, Xerneas and Sylveon lines is too much. The other option there is Alolan Vulpix.
4 Ralts/3 Kirlia/3 Garde GX/Gallade is roughly standard.
Octillery or Oranguru if you're not playing any Lele or only playing 1.

Energy - 4 DCE and 7/8/9 Fairy

Supporters - 3+ Professor Sycamore/4 N/3+ Guzma/4 Ultra Ball/1 Brigette/2 Field Blower/3+ Rare Candy/1+ Acerola are roughly standard.

Ideally looking for (Ultra Ball) Lele - Brigette for T1.

How would Alolan Vulpix even work here? I use the Diancie for the trainer cards and the Xerneas are a big help when I use Geomancy to get the fairy energies onto the Pokemon early.

I don't have the money for a third Garvedoir GX so not much I can do at the moment with that until I get lucky. Same for a second Lele

Alolan Vulpix (Guardians Rising 21) is a way of evolving. Similar to Diancie (Burning Shadows 94), I assumed you were talking about that one? And similar to SylveonGX Magical Ribbon.

Yes, sorry, shouldn't have included Xerneas in that list.

Some may argue that the energy acceleration of Garde Secret Spring is enough, but personal preference.

I really don't see the reason for more than 1 Professor Sycamore because every time I play the game with this type of deck using that card, I almost always lose and it's too risky. Other decks like a Darkrai/Ho-Oh deck seems to fit more for that.

Okay I'll throw in an Alolan Vulpix after double checking it's ability. Still keeping Xerneas on the list for early gameplay with getting energies out quickly on Pokemon.

If you look at the top 8 at the recent Bremen regionals all of them played 4 Sycamore. There is a reason why!

If you look at the top 8 at the recent Bremen regionals all of them played 4 Sycamore. There is a reason why!
I just don't feel the card is for this deck. Unless I end up changing my mind later, I just can't really see it as it's too risky for me.

Mega Gardevoir is not expanded, you can still use it. And Tapu-Lele GX does the same like Lugia EX.
I have a Mega Garv that is expanded, not standard. I suppose I could get another one to put in Standard

I really don't see the reason for more than 1 Professor Sycamore because every time I play the game with this type of deck using that card, I almost always lose and it's too risky. Other decks like a Darkrai/Ho-Oh deck seems to fit more for that.

Okay I'll throw in an Alolan Vulpix after double checking it's ability. Still keeping Xerneas on the list for early gameplay with getting energies out quickly on Pokemon.
4 Sycamore and 4 N are for consistency purposes. While it sucks that you have to throw away your entire hand and possibly some important cards, you have Gardevoir's Twilight to recover them. Rescue Stretcher and Super Rod can recover Pokemon and energies without using Twilight. Speaking of draw supporters, Hau shouldn't be in there because the 3 cards from that pales in comparison to the 7 from Sycamore. Kukui isn't that useful in this deck because now that Vs. Seeker is rotated out, 1-off supporters (outside of Acerola and Skyla) are less reliable. Karen is only good for Night March and Vespiquen decks, both of which are now Expanded-exclusive. The aforementioned Rescue Stretcher and Super Rod should be used as your Pokemon recovery tools. While it's true that Fairy Drop is suited for a Fairy deck, I feel they don't have much of a place in here and need to be cut for more consistency cards, preferably the 4 Sycamore and 4 N already mentioned. You also need 3 Guzma to drag something troublesome into the active and strand it there or KO it. Max out on the Ultra Balls to optimize your Pokemon searching chances. 1 won't cut it. Your trainer lineup should look something like this (as mentioned above; it's worth mentioning again):
-4 Sycamore
-4 N
-1 Brigette
-1 Acerola (optional)
-1-2 Skyla
-4 Ultra Ball
-2 Field Blower
-3 Rare Candy
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 Super Rod

I wouldn't bother with Wishful Baton because while it's true that you get to save energies after a KO, it's subject to Field Blower (your opponent can simply remove the Baton before they go for a KO). It also won't trigger if the Pokemon got KOed by non-damage (like damage counter placement and burn/poison). You also need Octillery or Oranguru as backup draw Pokemon so you can keep drawing cards without the need for using up your supporter for the turn.

Back