• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

thefleeee

Uber N00b
Pregame:
I woke up at 4 AM because my alarm went off and I couldnt get back to sleep after that. I decided to play around with my deck a bit before getting ready for cities. I fell asleep doing that... I know im weird. I was woken up by my mom at 8 AM and then got ready and ate breakfast. I was then picked up by Scizorlicious and we went down to cities by 9 AM. We arrived there and then Scizorlicious went to go buy some new sleeves and dice. He came out with them and I decided to buy some new dice. So I went in and ended up coming out of the store with not only new dice but 2 clash of legends things, one of each. Pulls were horrible except for a bottom of Entei Raikou Legend which was good. Then I met some new people and played a few, while deck checks were going on. The TO announces that seniors will have 5 rounds and a top 4 with 31 PEOPLE, 31! One off from top 8, and later on someone came late. Then Finally Pairings went up.

Round 1 vs Alex P. (Cursegar)

He Started a gastly to my lone skarmory. I was thinking i would lose because I had 6 energy in my hand and i went first. I draw... what do you know an energy. Attach, Metal coat to skarmory and pass. he draws and does nothing once more and it goes back to me. I draw into a lookers and feel confident about this. I attach first to skarmory and then I lookers into 2 warp points, 2 special Metal energy and a VS seeker. I attacked and ended. I was hoping for a belt or pluspower but no luck. He evolves to haunter and does this attack that sleep and poisons me. I flip tails on sleep and draw into energy again. I FORGET to vs seeker the lookers because someone moved the table number sign onto my lookers and I didnt realize this till after the round that i was missing a lookers and i found it there. He proceeds to go to gengar and kos me for the game.
Score at this point: (0-1)

Round 2 vs David Chan (SP mish mosh)
It looked like he just bought a couple packs of Supreme victors, Rising Rivals and PLatinum and made a last minute deck, but Chan was known for horrible execution of Metagame decks at our leauge. I was confident I would win this matchup. So I start 2 scyther and go first. Attach special metal to active pass. His turn, he started a Garchomp C, He attaches a fire energy and an energy gain and doesnt attack. I go and attach a metal have no search cards and just afterimage strike for 20. He collectors for uxie, and 2 skunktank g and sp radars for garchomp c lvx. He levels up and attaches a lightning and dragon rushes my benched scyther. I top deck a judge and judge into a uxie expert belt and special metal energy and a scyther. I play scyther attach to my active scyther, and the expert belt and uxie for seven. I get the scizor prime and evolve and take the prize. He promotes a uxie and benches a darkrai G and Weavile G and passes. I go attach on bench and bebes for a zubat and candy to a crobat prime and ko. His tunr he promotes a skunktank G, he poison structures and attaches an energy gain to his weavile G and an electric energy to darkrai g and ends. I draw attach to scyther eveolve to scizor and ko. He promotes weavile and attaches an sp energy to darkrai and places Dialga G on bench and pass. I thought at this point that he might actually have a dialga g lvx which might be bad for me, but than I realized its David Chan that I am playing. I ko attach on bench to crobat and ko. He promotes skunktank and passes. I ko and end. he promotes dailga g and attaches to darkrai and tells me how good it is and ends. I draw attch and say good game.
Score at this point: (1-1)

We Break for lunch and I eat at Mama Lucia's, some pizza and soda. I talked for awhile with a ton of people including Poliwrath, Superwolfe, Glaceon, Gliscor and Scizorlicious. Pairings go up again and I finish my pizza and head to see them.

Round 3 vs Jimmy Pendarvis (Gyarados)
This was the one of the two matchups that I didnt want to play in the tournament and lo and behold I play him. We set up and I start a lone eevee, when he proclaims he has the start with overeager. He starts sabelye and regice on bench. He azelf time walks for a magicarp and impersonates a collector for the other three. He does not play the time walked karp out so i know hes waiting for gyarados. I top deck a scyther which I play attacha special metal and lookers his hand into his deck which he wasnt too pleased with. I end. His turn he collectors 3 karps anyway and plays one down and regimoves the other two. Impersonates collector again and its my turn. I draw into a scizor prime and evolve attach a metal and ko. he draws flips heads on reversal and seekers my scizor. He uxies a lot to try to get a gyarados for the game but he couldnt pull it off. I think he used 7 SSUs that turn, one seeker and 3 junk arms. 5 Tails helped me a lot. I go place scyther down and play collector which I went for a uxie, zubat, and scyther. I placed uxie down and scyther and attached and end. He goes into a smeargle and portraits, I had no supporters. I attach to scyther and candy into a crobat prime and evolve to scizor prime and pass. He fails a portrait and passes. I go attach scyther and Team rockets trickery him into two more energy. He fails a portrait an passes. I attach again and pass. He fail portraits and passes. I attach and pass again. He retreats his smeargle after failing the portrait and impersonates a bebes for gyarados. I attach to eevee and retreat for the ko. He promotes gyarados and hits me for 110-20 special metal. I begin to set up another scizor on bench and take the ko on him. He Rescues into karp and belts it and junk arms the rescue for gyarados and kos warp points. I bring out eevee because I cant risk loosing either scizor or crobat. He ko's that and he took a prize earlier in the game because at this point im 3 prizes and hes 4. I misplay the fact that his gyarados was belted and attach to scizor on bench and do 130 to gyarados but forgot I need 150 to ko it. He kos my scizor for 2 prizes. I promote my other scizor and belt it(ugh why did I belt it). I take the double prize and he sets up gyarados again and hits me for 90. I retreat and severe poison for 40 a turn. he shows me his last card in his hand and it is reversal. He flips heads and drags outmy belted scizor for the game. I was happy and sad. Sad with the loss, but happy that my deck was great against gyarados. I realize that i misplayed and feel really stupid and know that I cant top cut.
Score at this point: (1-2)

Some match was taking forever so I had time to trade. Some kid wanted Scizor prime and the triumphant alph lithograph for the cool looking ho-oh lugia mat. I said okay but like 20 people came over and told the kid that i was ripping him off and he turned me down and left. I was pissed off because I was offering a prime and an alph for a mat.

Round 4 vs Kevin Jung (Aggron/Scizor/Steelix)
When the pairings go up im still mad. But when I sit down I see that my opponent is the kid that wouldnt trade me the mat so i smile and get ready to crush him. The details of this game are fuzzy becaus I swept him so fast. All I remember is that he got an Aggron from triumphant out and did like 10 damage to me while Turn 2 I got 2 crobat primes and 2 scizor primes out. It was a lopsided match which i won prizes to none.
Score at this point: (2-2)

Round 5 vs Matt Rockwell (Vilegarchamp)
I was in disbelief when pairings went up. The only other person i didnt want to play the whole tournament and i am playing him. I start lone zubat to his tomb and 2 machop start. I go first and attach an energy to zubat and double attack for 10 damage to each of his machops. He draws plays BTS attaches fighting and unknown quick. Evolves both to machoke and uxie set up for 6. Evolves to machamp retreats and take out knock out. We play a fun match afterward and I win 3 prizes to 0, so i knew i got a cruddy start.
Score at this point: (2-3)

Standings for seniors go up and I see im in 23rd place with (2-3)
Scizorlicious is 16th place with (3-2)
Gliscor is 2nd Place with (4-1)
and Glaceon is in 25th place with (2-3)
Later figured out that Superwolfe came in 10th place in masters

I then go with scizorlicious and he buys 2 packs of arceus, triumphant and undaunted. WE open them and get a houndoom prime which he already has like 7 of. We go back and he gets a 2010 holiday tin of shiny entei. I open a pack... nothing. He opens a pack... nothing. Jimmy McClure walks over and opens a pack and top half of Lugia Legend, DCE, Pokemon Collector, and Pokemon Communcation.

Overall it was an ok tournament because I had so little testing against metagame decks that today served as a practice game. I will be going to Cities in Rockville so that should be a blast because I am going to improve my deck and learn from my misplays.

Props:
-Almost Beating Jimmy Pendarvis
-Not Playing Scizorlicious
-Getting Bottom of ERL, Dialga G lvx, and Palkia G lvx
-Great Pizza
-Wolfe Glick, Stephen Mills, Paxton DeRoma, Joseph DeRoma(Poliwrath), Jimmy McClure, Glaceon(forgot ur name sorry :p) and Gliscor(forgot urs too :p)
-and finally Joseph DeRoma's(Poliwrath) Arm of the Junk

Slops:
-Very stupid Misplays
-Playing Matt Rockwell
-Not getting the last set of blue dice which scizorlicious got
-Not trading for the mat
-Not going as well as I thought I would ( I expected atleast a 3-2)

Too much text... lol.
I think glaceon came 25th. It was another Alex that was 17th, if I remember correctly.

I actually enjoyed that report. I'm sure Jimmy P. Played 7 SSU he's such a cheater. And i hate how the pro people get all the goo pulls meanwhile the people with nothing get nothing.

Ya I misread it the 17th place was the guy that beat me first round and about the text I just wanted my first report to be detailed
EDIT: @Poliwrath I know exactly what you mean

Wait. Maybe Jimmy had 4 SSUs, used them, then 3 Junk Arm to reuse them.

Thats what I meant he had like 4ssu and kept getting them back to hims hand with junk arm though he might have had five... no jk it was a fair matchup that I thought I couldnt win but turns out I had a chance :p

I actually ave a really funny arm of the junk picture i found. Don't ask how I found it. I'll pm it to you.

If you're down enough, though, it doesn't matter too much. Some of my opponents should've scooped; even if I had made a huge misplay, I still would've won in about 2 of my games.

Back