expert belt

This belongs in TCG Discussion because it's not a question on how Expert Belt is played.

*Moved*

dmaster out.

yes. anything running SSU (for their main pokemon) should run this card. or attackers that use 1-2 energy will love this as well, makes an 2KO and OHKO. also a great use when your opponent only has 1 prize left

I beleive it's worth it, but only if, a: you run SSU for your Main Attacker b: Your Pokemon is already/will become a tank or c: Just 1 for that final K.O. when you may need it. Think of it as a tech that's not a Pokemon. ;] It's great, but only in certain decks.

kingdra is the first deck that comes to mind when thinking of expert belt..

gyarados im still unsure as it doesnt really need it as it can donk like crazy to begin with...

if SPs try to use expert belt that means they are not using energy gain, which slows them down, or unown g, which leaves them vulnerable to machamp and quite often gengar. of course migmagius lvl x helps with these problems but is it worth it?
like elekid ssaid, hit n run attackers like starmie, uxie, gliscor, low energy attackers and decks running ssus are the main candidates for expert belt.

r3skyline said:
kingdra is the first deck that comes to mind when thinking of expert belt..

gyarados im still unsure as it doesnt really need it as it can donk like crazy to begin with...

i do noy like people who try to put expert belt in a swarm deck, it runes the deck... u dont need 2 prizes prom every kingdra or beedrill, u will lose

^Ummm... did the two prize rule prevent EX's from seeing play? They didn't. Expert Belt helps a lot in some decks (Speedrill and Kingdra, for example) even with the two prize rule. You just try to do as much damage as possible before the Pokemon gets KO'ed.

revdjweb said:
if SPs try to use expert belt that means they are not using energy gain, which slows them down, or unown g, which leaves them vulnerable to machamp and quite often gengar. of course migmagius lvl x helps with these problems but is it worth it?
like elekid ssaid, hit n run attackers like starmie, uxie, gliscor, low energy attackers and decks running ssus are the main candidates for expert belt.
A 1-1 line of mismagius GL can help a lot in epert belt decks. The problem is that mosot decks can't afford to bring in level maxx/extra premier ball, and you don't want to have to get him active as he'll take a hit, and then it's gengar bait.

dragon master112 said:
I do noy like people who try to put expert belt in a swarm deck, it runes the deck... u don't need 2 prizes prom every kingdra or beedrill, u will lose

Ever heard of Super Scoop Up? Low retreat costs? The fact that 140 damage from a Beedrill is more lethal then 120? Or 80 coming from Kingdra? So many 3HKO's become 2HKO's, so many 2HKO's become OHKO's.

I however favor this card in healing decks, which are mainly grass and as such natural enemies to Kingdra.

Lou Cypher said:
Ever heard of Super Scoop Up? Low retreat costs? The fact that 140 damage from a Beedrill is more lethal then 120? Or 80 coming from Kingdra? So many 3HKO's become 2HKO's, so many 2HKO's become OHKO's.

I however favor this card in healing decks, which are mainly grass and as such natural enemies to Kingdra.
What about salamance? 180 HP W/Nidoqueen is amazing. Speed is the only issue with the deck though.

Scizor with AoA cherrims to negate weakness in the fire match, and even more honeycomb defending also more chance for accelerate finishes

SSU as mentioned by everyone will make it work fine that and its designed for speed so it might be worth the risk

Though now i compared several exs with there non ex counter parts it usually 10-40 hp more except for wailord and usually 0-30 points more damge(excluding charizard) so it is a fair tradeoff.

Expert Belt is one of the most hyped cards in my area,i think this card will be great in almost every deck,i plan to run 3-4 in every deck.

Back