Pokemon Expanded "New Pokédex" Project?

Hyunbin

~오. 아. 오~
So ever since Ruby & Sapphire came out, I've been kind of irked that all three generations at the time did not get reworked into a "Newer Pokédex" like in GSC, where the common birds were grouped first (Hoothoot with Pidgey and Spearow), then the rodents (Sentret with Rattata), etc.

On two occasions (third and fourth gen) I tried to come up with one.
But it just looked sloppy and forced in some areas, sometimes with no logic.

So I bring this here to you all on Pokébeach. It would be awesome if we could all come up with one reworked, new National Pokédex that would encompass all of the five generations.
What say you all? Yay or nay?

If there is enough interest, here is how it would work:
I would post one grouping listed in the New Pokédex and would ask to see if any Gen III, Gen IV, Gen V Pokémon could be included. (ex. common birds: Pidgey.. Spearow.. Hoothoot.. | Taillow, Starly and Pidove fit the bill)
Then we would move on to the next section in the New Pokédex (ex. common rodents), until we reach the end of the Pokédex, with all 649 species.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, or you feel like this is pointless, then please feel free to move or close this thread as you see fit.

I feel it's a trivial issue. Heck before I read this post I had no idea such an obscure thing could actually irk a person

It's an organizational issue to me. XD
When looking at all of the Pokémon in their actual order it's a mess.. even with the ordering within each generation.
And once Victini came into the picture, a legendary coming before the three regional starters, I thought everything I knew and loved went straight out the window.

Doing this becomes useless with each new generation. National mode is fine the way it is...

New Pokedex had a reason, Kanto and Johto are merged, so of course all the old mons are meshed in. Hell, HGSS introduced 4th Gen mons because they can appear there naturally.

Hoenn and Shinnoh are unconnected and have their own eco systems, they don't need Pokemon, that for all intensive ingame purposes, are non existant, in their Pokedex.

The Nationaldex, which should be called the International Pokemon Index now..., is fine. I believe that the Unova Index should have started a new National one, but I digress.

My base stat dex is highly sortable for a resource. Link to it is in my sig. See if it would work.

This doesn't seem like a HORRIBLE waste of time, so I'll help! Anyways, here's what I have for common birds so far.

Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeott
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Spearow
Fearow
Tailow
Swellow
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Dodrio
Pidove
Tranquill
Unfezant
Rufflet (?)
Braviary (?)
Wingull (?)
Pelipper (?)

I kinda don't think this is that big a deal, although if you were to think about how an actual guide would be, they would group all similar species of animals together. One thing that I've always wanted was a Pokedex that grouped all the evolutions together. That way Pichu and Pikachu would be together without having to scroll all the way down to the next 100.

kinda don't think this is that big a deal, although if you were to think about how an actual guide would be, they would group all similar species of animals together. One thing that I've always wanted was a Pokedex that grouped all the evolutions together

I could set that up on mine as an option, it would just take a couple days to get fully set up.

Great job on that!
So I'm guessing it's the same as the National Dex, and the entire evolution line is placed at the spot where the Pokémon in the evolution line with the lowest NDex number was?

That was pretty much how it works. Eventually I'll add a sort option by ability as well. That will take a while though since I have to figure out each Pokemon's abilities.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_ability
I expect this will make it easier. Bulbapedia's just cool like that...

Hmm, it still could be interesting to sort by category. You could quickly bring up a legendary trio list or a bunch of common birds whenever.

I was planning a legendary Pokemon and fossils already. It just will take time to get finished.

Back