• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Expanded Glaceon-GX

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I don't think anybody's addressed this yet, but Glaceon-GX is bonkers in expanded! Shutting down BDIF Zoroark is awesome, as well as Lele, Shaymin, and having Eeveelutions at its side. It also has access to other old tools like Seismitoad-EX and Vileplume to force a stronger lock. Laserbank and Choice Band also bump the damage output to 150, making it 180 going back into your turn if they don't retreat or Acerola. If they DO manually retreat, they have a benched Mon with 150 damage on it, leaving it super prone to Glaceon's bench sniping. Here's a skeleton list I forged:

Pokemon:14
  • 4 Eevee SUM
  • 3 Glaceon-GX
  • 1 Espeon DEX
  • 1 Flareon AOR
  • 1 Seismitoad-EX
  • 1 Tapu Koko
  • 2 Tapu Lele-GX
  • 1 Oricorio
Trainers:35
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Guzma
  • 1 Ghetsis
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Acerola
  • 1 Shadow Triad
  • 1 Comp. Search
  • 3 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Field Blower
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
Energy:11
  • 4 DCE
  • 7 Water
I would like to find space for Hugh, since it really gives Zoroark and Wailord trouble, and Aqua Patch is decent in this deck, but with Virbanks and Lasers, there's not enough space for 4. The Espeon looks out of place, but it gives an out to Trevenant, Stardust, Miraculous Shine, Shell Trap, and anything else random that might cause problems. It's cute, but if it's droppable, probably for a 2nd copy of Flareon if I choose to play 2 Toad. I would also drop it if I were to drop the Laserbank combo for Rough Seas and Aqua Patches. If you were to play the deck that way, here's the changes I'd make:
-1 Espeon DEX
-3 Virbank City Gym
-4 Hypnotoxic Laser
-1 Shadow Triad
-1 Ghetsis

+3 Rough Seas
+4 Aqua Patch
+1 Water Energy
+1 attacker
+1 Sycamore

Back