Ruling Exeggcute - Propagation Question!

Lukiido

Aspiring Trainer
Am I correct in saying that if the below is in the discard pile, the effect can only be used once per turn unless you have multiple copies?

I am asking this due to the fact PTCGO lets you use it as much as you want per turn.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/plasma-freeze/4-exeggcute.jpg

Even if it is the same Exeggcute, Propagation can be used more than once because once Exeggcute enters the discard pile, it becomes a new Exeggcute, in terms of gameplay.

Brave Vesperia said:
Even if it is the same Exeggcute, Propagation can be used more than once because once Exeggcute enters the discard pile, it becomes a new Exeggcute, in terms of gameplay.

Wow, I did not know that, thanks! Is there anything official on this? I trust what you are saying, It just hard to explain to others when the card says once per turn.

There's an official TPCi ruling:

Q. If I use Exeggcute's "Propagation" Ability to retrieve it from the Discard Pile into my hand, then use something like Ultra Ball or Computer Search to discard Exeggcute, would I be able to use "Propagation" again to retrieve it from the Discard Pile?
A. Yes, whenever Exeggcute is in the Discard Pile, you may use Propagation during your turn as long as its Ability has not been disabled. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

Back