Discussion Excadrill (Post-Guardians Rising)

For those who don't know what this card does:
Excadrill%2BPrimal%2BClash.jpg

Anyways, post-Guardians Rising, could Excadrill be good? It's Omega Barrage allows it to hit twice, and with Choice Band/Dhelmise, you can swing for 240 every turn almost consistently. I don't know if it'd be super bad, but it does have a poor Decidueye/Vileplume matchup, which will become more popular. I think being able to swing for 240 every turn, knocking off balloons with Field Blower, and also possibly going for 280 with Kukui can be very good. Thoughts?

I might be better after Deciplume is gone.

Even if it's only for Drilbur, would Brooklet Hill be an okay option?
I would say no just because, like you said, it's ONLY for Drilbur. You need the bench space sometimes for more Dhelmise or Eevees, plus whatever Shaymin or Leles you play. Sky Field is too good for this idea for much else.

a0f72b6e14.jpg

Trying this now on TCGO, don't have Lele there yet. Fun so far, winning almost all games against some decent decks (Tauros/Garb, Waterbox, Passimian/Mew). Eeveeloutions haven't been worthwhile yet, but I guess that's because of the matchups I've had.

Posting experimental decklists, here's what I've had success with thus far!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 144
* 4 Drilbur PRC 89
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 4 Excadrill PRC 97
* 4 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 2 N FAC 105
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 6 Metal Energy XYEnergy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I went the Sky Field route, and it's been working out great. Throwing down a bunch of Dhelmise, Drilbur, and everything else you need while also limiting your opponent to 4 with Sudo is hilarious. I have a lot of 1-off Supporters to get my out of a variety of situations, and they are all just a Lele away from reach when I need them. I prefer running Supporters over Items right now just because Garb is terrifying when your main attacker only has 110 HP and you can only knock out one at a time (max damage with 4 Dhelmise and Kukui is 110 per hit, and Garb has 120). Drampa has put in some great work slowing things down for the opponent with the first attack, and keeping them from trying to hit my bench with anything for fear of Berserk. Tauros is Tauros, and is a great wall to set up behind. One of my favorite Supporters is Brock's Grit to nab back all the energy Exca uses, especially if I'm low on DCEs and have to Dredge up 2 Metal energy. Brock lets me keep pulling those back, as well as calling back on Excadrills that were KO'd, additional Dhelmise, and Leles to keep seeking my supporters. It helps take advantage of the fact that you might not have more than a few turns of Sky Field given other stadiums and Field Blower now, so you keep those discarded mons in circulation. I found I wasn't using Shaymin much thanks to the Lele support, so I cut that down to 1.

Let me know what you think! Excadrill has been GREAT fun so far though! I highly recommend playing around with it.

Oh man, a somewhat affordable deck and it looks fun as hell? Looks like I've found my back into the TCG after all...

Ahem.

I kind of wish Shield Energy was a legitimately decent option for Excadrill. But another poster already brought up E-Hammer and how DCE already makes it vulnerable to disruption. A shame, really.

I'm planning to take this to a tournament in a few weeks to see how it does. If I top cut with it I'll definitely come back and update.

I definitely like using Drampa with it like some other posters said. That first attack comes in handy so much.

Back