EX Tins early release

DecaDang

Gravimetric
So I hit Wal-Mart today, and found the EX tins on shelves for retail. Looks like the employees goofed.
The online code won't actually work until the 21st. However, would the EX with the tin be legal for States/other tournament play before then?
They are functionally the same cards, and completely 100% printed, so I would assume so. If someone could clarify, please let me know.

Also, make sure to check your local Wal-Mart!

Picture proof:

n3riav.jpg

The tins were released on March 1st.

Here is Shakespeare's post http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-merchandise-help-thread?pid=2220028#pid2220028

Also posting to say that it is vendors that put out that kind of merchandise, not Walmart Employees.

I didn't know they were released at that time either. I saw a kid with a Kyruem EX tin and I thought that it was fake or something...

Wow, the promos really have the same art? That is kinda weird and a little bit upsetting to me. I was looking forward to seeing some new EX art. These tins are still great though, and are going to keep Zekrom EX's price down.

I didn't know that they came out on the 1st, but I got one yesterday (zekrom) and was thinking it was very odd. Since they're promos, I wish they'd been given new artwork, but at least I don't have to go through a bunch of packs to find a Zekrom ex. :)

Vulpix Yolk said:
Wow, the promos really have the same art? That is kinda weird and a little bit upsetting to me. I was looking forward to seeing some new EX art. These tins are still great though, and are going to keep Zekrom EX's price down.

I keep hearing that they've got a new holo pattern at least, but anytime I've seen them in videos they don't look any different.

I can confirm that the EXs from the tins are slightly different in holographic quality than the ones you pull in packs.
As far as contents, the boosters I have gotten are 2 ND, 1 NV, and 1 EP, which seems to be the normal amount. There have been other reports of 4 ND, but neither me nor any of my friends have seen any.

Indeed, no figure or any other bonus to speak of. My friend did pull a Mewtwo-EX so not all hope is lost.

DecaDang said:
Indeed, no figure or any other bonus to speak of. My friend did pull a Mewtwo-EX so not all hope is lost.
Why would hope be lost?
The only other thing id want is a TCGO code that unlocks it online. How much money are they?

Ah, yes, there is a code for the EX. It won't be usable until the 21st, though. They are currently retailing at 15.98 at my Wal-Mart; don't pay any more than that if you can help it.

Seriously, what the heck were they thinking? Promos with the exact same art??? Now I don't doubt they are genuinely dumb. From a collector's perspective, this is just ridiculous, because they are the same cards from the set but with a different set number and symbol (the promo symbol)! It was good because I wouldn't have to afford the originals but it just doesn't feel the same as having the card from the main set... They just ruined this...

Heh! Oh yeah, I got this tin last week at Fred Meyer's as well. The legendary EX Pokemon on the front of the tin were Promo?? I certainly couldn't tell Bx. I have a funny feeling that they're putting some of the rarer cards in the boosters in these tins too, but its just a theory.

I believe the 21st, though the official Pokemon website has a commercial for it that says "in stores now". All mixed up.

Back