• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Evolution Jammer (Banette / Absol)

porkchop

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 4 Banette (Ancient Trait) - Roaring Skies
  • 4 Shuppet - Roaring Skies
  • 4 Absol - Roaring Skies
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 2 AZ
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 4 Hard Charm
  • 4 Jamming Net
  • 2 Training Center
Energy
  • 10 Psychic Energy
  • 2 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

I think this deck should definitely go second. You want to start with a Shuppet active and as many Shuppets on the bench as possible. Attempt to leave Absols off the bench until you need them the most. First turn, you want to attach a psychic energy to Shuppet, evolve it (The Banette has an ancient trait that lets you evolve it the first turn), then use Evolution Jammer. This prevents your opponent from evolving his/her Pokémon during the next turn, plus it does an additional 20 damage. Each turn, you want to keep doing this. Your opponent might have a big EX on his/her bench that they want to bring out thinking, "Oh, that Banette can't take out this thing!" Let them think that. In that case, or if you just want an easy knockout, that's where the Absols come into play. Place the Absols down on the bench to move around some damage counters, Super Scoop Up or AZ them back to your hand, then do it again. Suddenly, your opponent's EX that can't evolve into a Mega Evolution went from 180 HP (or less) to 0. If you did not know, Banette only has 90 HP. Now that's where the Training Centers come in. With them in play, Banette gets a little more HP, making it harder to knock out. If somehow all of your Banettes get knocked out, I included 2 Dark Energy in the deck so that Absol can attack, but don't think that this is an invitation to have Absol be your main attacker. Absol is just their supporting and moving around damage counters. You want to have you Banettes active most if not the whole game. You may be thinking that this deck is not competative and will lose to most decks, but think about it. M Manectric can't happen, Donphan can't happen, M Gardevoir can't happen, M Groudon can't happen, any Mega Evolution pokémon can't happen. That brings down the strength in decks a lot, for most competitive decks (this is a generalization) rely on having all of their cards in play when they need them, including Mega Evolution pokémon. A couple competitive deck elements that I can see as a problem for this deck are Yveltal EX, Virizion EX, and Genesect EX. With Genesect EX, you can slow that deck down because of the Jamming Nets, preventing any G Booster of G Scope from coming into play. Overall, I really like this deck and I think that this deck has potential, maybe not competitively, but definitely in a casual game or friendly play.

I can't think of any real situation where resisting 20 Damage is going to save you over not having it. Same reason why Medicham PRC doesn't run it.

I'd say you'd be more successful with the extra 20 damage to move around on every hit.

Do you think the deck would be better with 4 Muscle Band instead of the Hard Charms?
I would agree, with muscle band you can kill twice as fast which makes the risk of your shuppets getting knocked out much less than if you had hard charm as you are getting rid of your opponents much quicker rather than playing a slow drawn out game that can quickly turn against you if your opponent gets a good draw. Also I would go with dusknoir instead of absol. Yes, it is a stage 2, but it is also psychic so you can get rid of the dark energy, its attack is more powerful than absol's, and you can use the ability whenever so you can get rid of the AZ (also the fact that it is a stage 2 works well with training center). Thus you could run a 2-2-2 line for dusknoir and still have 2 spaces left for a Psychic EX (like Mewtwo, Mew, or Gallade) or some sort of Psychic basic if you are scared of early game vulnerability.

Thanks for the feedback! I like the Dusknoir idea, and I did not consider that as an alternative to Absol. Thank you!

I know I am a little late here but oh well, maybe for future lookers

I like the idea of the deck but it is an insta-loss to a big basics deck, Yveltal, Manectric, Landorus, probably Seismitoad as well.
If none of those are played where you play then it basically screws over Mega, Stage 1 and Stage 2 decks assuming you go second and can get the Shuppet, Banette and a Psychic energy into play, which shouldn't be too hard.

Personally I would take out the Shauna and Pokemon Fan Club for N's, personal preference as I don't think Fan Club is very good (I can see why you included it I just am not a fan of it as a card)

I would also be tempted to take out the Darkness Energy, if you are forced to attack with Absol, you have probably already lost or almost lost the game and 10 energy should be more than enough since Banette only attacks for one psychic.

I would up the number of stadiums, at least where I play most decks are running 3 stadium cards as well as Lysandre's Trump Card, and in reality you should mostly be using your stadium to counter theirs rather than for the extra Hp even though it is nice, against a number of decks it probably wont help a huge amount

From there on out whatever else you take out, add either VS Seekers, Ultra Balls or Acro bikes

However this is all depending on whether you decide to change your deck to tech in the Dusknoir, and I haven't had a chance to play test this deck at all let alone this version of it, although I am excited to make a Banette deck I feel it should be more of a supporter than a core mostly because of the prevalence of it's weaknesses

-2 Shauna
-2 Pokemon Fan Club
-2 Darkness Energy
+4 N
+1 Training Centre
+1 VS Seeker

Maybe's
-2 Psychic Energy
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Acro Bike

Back