Eviolite in mewgar

Avacado

See you space cowboy...
red-collection-eviolite.gif

97-mew.jpg

Eviolite - Trainer
If this card is attached to a Basic Pokemon, all damage done to this Pokemon is reduced by 20 damage.
You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

So one of the problems in mewgar is mew's low HP of 60. With the new card Eviolite it can help keep mew in the game so it can stay alive longer to keep LZing pokemon and giving you time to build a gengar prime on the bench.

Do you think its worth putting in the deck? Donphan can no longer OHKO it with earthquake.

I personally think it'll do good in the deck. Only problem is finding the eviolite since theres no more Dept store girl or anything.

^Mwepluff? I've never heard of that pairing. How does Mew actually fit into a Jumpluff (or Cinccino) swarm?

umm... you just play 2 or 3. It's not like another stage 2 line or anything. Send 1 jumpluff into the lost zone, attatch a grass to Mew, and use Mass attack. It's not that hard to fit in.

Sounds like a decent tech to me. 60 HP is pretty pathetic, so Eviolite is definitely helpful. It's kinda useless against ZPS and ReshiBoar though...

It'll be junk arm fodder for the ZPS, reshiboar, and magneboar matchup for for matchups like donphan. The extra 20 is crucial.

Mewpluff will be deadly when Mews can't be oneshotted by Donphan. Otherwise, it's a dead draw vs Reshiboar, Magneboar, etc... You also OHKO machamp with it! They have to use champ buster, not crushing punch, too.

P0KEVORTEX said:
^Mwepluff? I've never heard of that pairing. How does Mew actually fit into a Jumpluff (or Cinccino) swarm?

My version is 4 mew, 2 Jumpluff, and a bunch of stuff with free retreat (so you're sure to get your see off first turn). No other pokemon, including jumpluff line. I run it with tons of disruption.

against donphan arent you much better off just attacking with pluff??for heavens sake it takes -20 without eviolite...

TDA said:
against donphan arent you much better off just attacking with pluff??for heavens sake it takes -20 without eviolite...

MewPluff does not run any Hoppip or Skiploom....

MewPluff Is 4x Mew, 2 or 3 Jumpluff, 2 or 3 Muk and Tons of Disruption.

oh..i thought mew was being teched into pluff swarm,as thats what pokevortex was asking...

eviolite is probably going to have the Tool treatment plastered on it if printed for the US as indicative of the bubble above the actual text. this will mean (if that is the case) that you can only use one, and it will not be much of a difference unless your going to actually do some damage. it also means that mew can still potentially be one-hit fairly easily. Best bet is to use that trainer on something with high HP and High damage output like the roaming legends that we will be getting in Emerging Powers.

i should also note that with the coming of Cofigurus (sp?) in the same set as Eviolite, mew is in deep trouble as you can either move all damage counters to it, or one-hit with no problem

Back