• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Espeon GX and Friends (Garbodor/Espeon GX/Drampa GX)

LifePartTwo

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering what people think of the deck that won the portland regional. Does this deck have what it takes to stand up to meta decks in future tournaments or was it just the right call for this tourny?

Pokemon - 17
4 Trubbish BKP 56
2 Garbodor BKP 57
2 Garbodor GRI 51
2 Eevee SUM 101
2 Espeon-GX SUM 61
1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

Trainer - 32
4 N FCO 105
4 Guzma BUS 115
3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
3 Cynthia UPR 119
1 Brigette BKT 134
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
2 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Super Rod BKT 149
4 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Choice Band GRI 121
2 Parallel City BKT 145

Energy - 11
7 Psychic Energy 5
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Espeon/Garb is awesome right now in my opinion. It destroys Buzzwole Varients and does very well against Zoro varients. If we are discussing standard I would say that's how you define how good a deck is right now

I don't know about "destroy" Buzzwole. Sudowoodo with a Strong+Band return KO Espeon with Psychic, and Lycanroc has OHKO potential on everything but Espeon, which then has the GX attack. Plus, baby Mewtwo already sees play for Buzzwole, so it hurts this deck too. I think the deck itself is good, but I think the meta call plays into a huge part why it won. Although, the list itself is phenomenal.

I’ve been playing this deck on PTCGO. It does well against the meta since so many decks rely on abilities. I’d like to experiment more with an alternative to Tauros but I’ve yet to find a good one. Any suggestions?

Just to let you know, I moved the thread from the PTCG Forum to the Deck Garage because it focuses on just a single Decklist.

Posts that discuss just a single decklist usually belong in the Deck Garage, whereas posts which discuss other competition/meta aspects of the game belong in the Competitive TCG Forum.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me ♪

I am personally not a fan of the list - I think it was mostly just one of those right "rock-paper-scissors" moments. Playing stuff like Tauros and Drampa sort of defeats the purpose of trying to counter Buzzwole because those are 4 very easy prizes for the deck and Buzzwole can also work with its own techs against Espeon and Garb - Lycanrock-GX (Dangerous Rogue) Sudowoodo or even Mew FCO if it's not shut off by Garbotoxin. Ironically I think Zoroark and stuff like quad Hoopa might actually have a harder time against the deck because Trade either gets shut off or they have to use and/or discard items to get ahead which feeds Trashalanche, Drampa discards the DCEs and Tauros can easily revenge-kill a Zoroark, while Zoroark can't take any two-prize KO's unless it uses Mew-EX to take out an Espeon but after that Mew is either Espeon, Trashalance or Drampa food. The Hoopas just get shut off and after that Tauros and Drampa can take care of them very easily, or even Trashalanche without the 'toxin.

All-in-all it's Garbotoxin doing most of the work again, which everyone already knows is pretty good since the meta will always have ability reliant decks. With that being said I think the deck is a pretty basic throw-back to the days of Drampa/Garb and Espeon/Garb with a few tweaks for the current meta.

Last edited:
Back