• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Espeon/Garbodor post rotation help

Sunface

Aspiring Trainer
so this will be my first paper build to hopefully take to my first ever league event. I was looking for something interesting to play and kinda threw this list together, any thoughts and critique would be great!

Also I know the number 1 suggestion is gonna be tapu lele gx but I just really dont have the cash for it s I am hoping I can scrape by with out it for a little while til I can pull the funds together!

Pokemon: 18
3 eevee
3Espeon gx
4 trubbish
3 garbodor (Trashalanche)
1 Garbodor (abillity lock)
1 drampa gx
1 necrozma gx
2 oranguru

trainer: 30
4 N
2 Brigette
2 Altar of the moone
3 Guzma
3 choice band
2 field blower
2 rescue stretcher
4 ultra ball
2 super rod
3 professor sycamore
2 float stone
1 skyla

Energy:12
4DCE
8 Psychic

Thanks in advance for the help!!! :)

Last edited:
Nice list.

From my experience in running my version of this deck, my Espeon GXs do most of the attacking; so, I tend to prefer to use a 4-4 line. Opponents are now (or will be) more adept at controlling their discarded Item count; so, Trashalanche Garbodor will become more of a supplemental attacker, IMO.

When your Garbotoxin Ability becomes active, it will nullify your Oranguru's Instruct Ability... So, why include them in your deck at all? Consider adding another Professor Sycamore to replace an Oranguru.

I am not a fan of running 4 Ns since you'll eventually "help" your opponent more than disrupt your opponent's hand. So, consider replacing 1 N with another card-drawing Supporter like Shana, Sophocles, etc. which only affects your hand.

2 Rescue Stretcher and 2 Super Rod seem a bit excessive to me.

Suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Trubbish
-2 Oranguru
-1 N
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 Super Rod

+1 Eevee - to enhance your chances of starting with 1
+1 Espeon GX / Tauros GX - another auxiliary attacker
+1 Ninja Boy (not really needed if you exclude Tauros GX)
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Shana / Sophocles
+1 Field Blower / Float Stone / Psychic energy

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Nice list.

From my experience in running my version of this deck, my Espeon GXs do most of the attacking; so, I tend to prefer to use a 4-4 line. Opponents are now (or will be) more adept at controlling their discarded Item count; so, Trashalanche Garbodor will become more of a supplemental attacker, IMO.

When your Garbotoxin Ability becomes active, it will nullify your Oranguru's Instruct Ability... So, why include them in your deck at all? Consider adding another Professor Sycamore to replace an Oranguru.

I am not a fan of running 4 Ns since you'll eventually "help" your opponent more than disrupt your opponent's hand. So, consider replacing 1 N with another card-drawing Supporter like Shana, Sophocles, etc. which only affects your hand.

2 Rescue Stretcher and 2 Super Rod seem a bit excessive to me.

Suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Trubbish
-2 Oranguru
-1 N
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 Super Rod

+1 Eevee - to enhance your chances of starting with 1
+1 Espeon GX / Tauros GX - another auxiliary attacker
+1 Ninja Boy (not really needed if you exclude Tauros GX)
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Shana / Sophocles
+1 Field Blower / Float Stone / Psychic energy

I hope you find these comments helpful.
Thanks for the awesome suggestions!!!

Great list, but I have a few suggestions.

First off, Bridgette without Lele or Trainer's Mail is pretty ineffective. You almost never draw into it on your opening hand. -2 Bridgette, +1 Professor Sycamore, +1 Float Stone. With VS Seeker gone, 4 Sycamore and 4 N becomes a nessescity.

Like @TuxedoBlack said, I don't think Oranguru and Garbotoxin mesh very well. -2 Oranguru, +1 Float Stone, +1 Choice Band. With four Bands and four Floats, you'll always have one when you need one.

Why so much recovery? -1 Super Rod, +1 Wicke. Wicke is actually a decent card that I think is pretty underrated. Say your opponent plays their hand down to a single Sycamore. If you then use Wicke, you make them shuffle their Sycamore and draw a single card.

You may also try replacing Altar of the Moone with Po Town. Energy Evolution bypasses it so Espeon is unaffected by it, it makes Drampa better, and it's absolutely nasty against Stage 2 decks.

Hope this is helpful :)
(P.S: Once you get Leles, -1 Rescue Stretcher, -1 Skyla, -1 Wicke, +3 Lele)

The list looks pretty good. However, if you are playing two copies of Altar of the Moone, why play two float stones? They can both be discarded by Field Blower, so playing both won't really accomplish anything. It will also give mirror match Garbodors more attack power if discarded.
What would you think?

The list looks pretty good. However, if you are playing two copies of Altar of the Moone, why play two float stones? They can both be discarded by Field Blower, so playing both won't really accomplish anything. It will also give mirror match Garbodors more attack power if discarded.
What would you think?
The Float Stones are for Garbotoxin Garbodor, which becomes easy Guzma bait if it has a tool other than Float Stone. Plus, Float Stone on Garbodor also gives you a pivoting option with Guzma (in other words, Guzma becomes a Lysandre).

This is the deck that I picked up on for this discussion and what I think would work. I have a lele though, so I think you should change it. Maybe some more field blowers or supporters? I don't know.

Pokemon:

4 Eevee

3 Espeon Gx

3 Trubbish

3 Garbodor (Trashalanche)

1 Garbodor (Ability lock)

1 Drampa Gx

1 Necrozma Gx

1 Tapu Lele Gx

Trainer

2 Altar of the Moone

3 Guzma

3 N

2 Brigette

4 Professor Sycamore

1 Skyla

3 Choice Band

2 Field Blower

1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Ultra ball

1 Super rod

2 Float Stone

Energy

4 DCE

9 Psychic

so this will be my first paper build to hopefully take to my first ever league event. I was looking for something interesting to play and kinda threw this list together, any thoughts and critique would be great!

Also I know the number 1 suggestion is gonna be tapu lele gx but I just really dont have the cash for it s I am hoping I can scrape by with out it for a little while til I can pull the funds together!

Pokemon: 18
3 eevee
3Espeon gx
4 trubbish
3 garbodor (Trashalanche)
1 Garbodor (abillity lock)
1 drampa gx
1 necrozma gx
2 oranguru

trainer: 30
4 N
2 Brigette