Espeon and Umbreon Promos at Gamestop and Best Buy!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
To celebrate the release of Obsidian Flames, TPCi has announced Gamestop stores will be giving away an Umbreon promo and Best Buy stores will be giving away an Espeon promo! This is the first time we’re getting two different promos for a set promotion.

043888_P_EFUI-143x200.jpg

043912_P_BURAKKI-143x200.jpg

The promotions will begin August 11th, the day the set releases in stores. You will need to make $15 of Pokemon TCG purchases to get each promo.
Both cards will come from Obsidian Flames and have their store’s logo in the corner of the card. Presumably they will be holo like the Tinkaton promo...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
so... any extra word on if these will be on time, or a couple weeks late? i have to go out of town to get these, and wasnt happy last time with Gamestop not having them, and having no idea what i was talking about... so i didnt return a second time to actually get them... hoping they might still have some Tinkatons...

so... any extra word on if these will be on time, or a couple weeks late? i have to go out of town to get these, and wasnt happy last time with Gamestop not having them, and having no idea what i was talking about... so i didnt return a second time to actually get them... hoping they might still have some Tinkatons...
I had the same situation happen to me and then never got one. I was pretty pissed. Especially when GameStop was running crazy deals on ALL Pokemon cards and they told me they weren't doing the deals specifically for Paldea Evolved, which was a "corporate decision." Like wtf

You could always call ahead. As a former GameStop employee, sometimes our shipments get delayed.

You could always call ahead. As a former GameStop employee, sometimes our shipments get delayed.
I tried this many times. They almost never answer the phone and you have to listen to that annoying girl constantly talking every time you call lol. At least I know Best Buy will answer. Will they know what I'm talking about? That's another question haha

yeah, no... i did this last time, when i showed up, there were no PE out...
me - are you guys not putting the new set out?
him - thats not till tomorrow, right?
me - no, today, generally the new sets release on Fridays.
-he looks it up, and says 'you are right'. i replied 'with pokemon, i generally am'
-he ended up only having single packs and ETBs, i helped him put them out.
me - do you have the promos? they should be in a white box...
him - we dont do those.
me - you had them last time. even though i had to ask for it, it was free
him - um... we only get them once every three sets... or they only go to premium stores...
-at this point i assumed he was re-tar-ded, but it ended up being tpci's error...

Last edited:
I tried this many times. They almost never answer the phone and you have to listen to that annoying girl constantly talking every time you call lol. At least I know Best Buy will answer. Will they know what I'm talking about? That's another question haha
True! I hated working at GameStop. My boss and other coworkers were great people and we still talk. But we all collectively hated cooperate.

last call... going out of town in about 6hours...
does anyone in store business, have confirmation that the promos are in the vicinity?
or has anyone heard of a postponement yet?

last call... going out of town in about 6hours...
does anyone in store business, have confirmation that the promos are in the vicinity?
or has anyone heard of a postponement yet?
I've ran to best buy and gamestop. Gamestop near me says some store are doing it and that they won't be receiving them tell the 15th. Bestbuy doesn't know when

same...
BestBuy acted like they had no clue... or how they would even do a card promo...
Gamestop acted like they knew, and were aware of it last set... (different town/store than my Tinkaton excursion)
both seemed like brand new workers though...

it pisses me off that the TPCi cant freaking state this, before people go looking for them upon set release...
might be smart on their end to trick people... but i only really go out of town once every few months...

so.. its a couple days after the 15th... does anyone have conformation on these being IN STORE yet... for both places... only gonna think about trying again... after that...

Back