• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Entei / Emboar EX Smash Deck

RocketGruntJD

Aspiring Trainer
I understand this is pretty much going to be the same thing as the Entei/Charizard deck, but I think Emboar is a better replacement. He can use his best attack every turn, with the help of Blacksmith, unlike Charizard and it's sad Wing Attack.

Pokemon (10)
  • 3 Emboar EX (Breakpoint)
  • 4 Entei (AOR 15)
  • 3 Shaymin EX (ROS 77)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (37)
  • 3 Fight Fury Belt
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 4 Black Smith
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Scorched Earth
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Trainer's Mail
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
Energy (13)
  • 4 DCE
  • 9 Fire Energy
Strategy:

With Max Potion being back, this deck can stay in motion. Not letting your Pokemon die, and keep smashing away at your opponent, which is something it was missing. Then just slap down a Black Smith and DCE and you're "firing" again.
Fight Fury Belt is one of my new favorite tools already. Take more damage, do more damage, heal up with a Max Potion. GG

I think this deck still has a lot of promise, but I feel like I might have overlooked a new/older card that could push it to Tier 1.

I understand this is pretty much going to be the same thing as the Entei/Charizard deck, but I think Emboar is a better replacement. He can use his best attack every turn, with the help of Blacksmith, unlike Charizard and it's sad Wing Attack.

Pokemon (10)
3x Emboar EX (Breakpoint)
4x Entei (AOR 15)
3x Shaymin Ex (ROS 77)

Trainers (37)
3x Fight Fury Belt
4x Muscle Band
3x Ultra Ball
2x Battle Compressor
1x Float Stone
4x Black Smith
4x VS Seeker
3x Scorched Earth
3x Acro Bike
2x Lysandre
3x Trainer's Mail
1x Professor's Letter
2x Max Potion
2x Sycamore

Energy (13)
4x DCE
9x Fire Energy

With Max Potion being back, this deck can stay in motion. Not letting your Pokemon die, and keep smashing away at your opponent, which is something it was missing. Then just slap down a Black Smith and DCE and you're "firing" again.
Fight Fury Belt is one of my new favorite tools already. Take more damage, do more damage, heal up with a Max Potion. GG

I think this deck still has a lot of promise, but I feel like I might have overlooked a new/older card that could push it to Tier 1.
Okay, Charizard's wing attack KOs a pumpkaboo quite nicely. With two turns of attacks you are doing 250 damage with muscle band (enough to KO any mega). I'm not sure Emboar's first attack qualifies as better when it requires three straight heads to match that damage. Emboar's first attack is basically two energy for probably only 20 or 40 damage and possibly 0. I think maybe you should run one pal pad to return 2 blacksmiths to the deck or you will simply run out of energy or options late game.
-3 Acro Bike
-2 Max Potion
-1 Sycamore (honestly, most games I never even play a sycamore, pal pad is good for late game)

+1 Ultra Ball (consistency)
+1 Battle Compressor (consistency)
+1 Trainer's Mail (consistency)
+1 AZ (switch, status guard, lysandre guard, shaymin draw or removal)
+1 Hex Maniac (pyroar/aegislash guard among other notable uses I will leave unsaid)
+1 Pal Pad (send back supporters to conserve vs seekers for late game)

I am testing it with 1 delphox promo and 1 embroar ex and 1 heatmor instead of charizards as well. Similar build with the trainers but I like assault vests better than muscle bands. And 4 fighting fury belts

Back