Enhanced Hammer and it's use with Garbador.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
So, I've been playing a Dark-Region deck, and I have a theory about how to beat Garbador Variants without Tool Scrapper, but I need to know...How played is Enhanced Hammer in Garbador?

Cuz I run Giratina EX, so I thought if I used Darkrai to KO their Garbador's, I could sweep with Giratina EX's Second Attack. It's a half-baked Idea that I thought might work.:/

I haven't seen a single deck in the new format use Enhanced Hammer, except Sableye/Darkrai-EX if you insist on calling that a deck. Garbodor especially is incredibly tight on space with all the Tools it's cramming in, so I wouldn't expect to see any Enhanced Hammer in any variants. I also wouldn't expect Giratina-EX to be a great counter, but I haven't tested it.

Well, he's not the counter, he's just the tech I put in over Shaymin EX. He's helped me a lot, most of the time it's situations that Shaymin EX couldn't help with. I only see Shaymin EX helping against Terrakion, butGiratina have more versatility, and honestly, it's worth the two turn setup. But anywho, I think you're right, I haven't seen Enhanced Hammer much either, but I just want to make sure.

Celebi23 said:
I haven't seen a single deck in the new format use Enhanced Hammer, except Sableye/Darkrai-EX if you insist on calling that a deck. Garbodor especially is incredibly tight on space with all the Tools it's cramming in, so I wouldn't expect to see any Enhanced Hammer in any variants. I also wouldn't expect Giratina-EX to be a great counter, but I haven't tested it.

Really? Because all I've seen Garbador in is disruption variants, all of which ran Enhanced Hammer.

Rikko145 said:
Really? Because all I've seen Garbador in is disruption variants, all of which ran Enhanced Hammer.

lol

Registeel Garbodor
Terrakion Garbodor
Registeel/Groudon Garbodor
Entei Garbodor
Terrakion EX Garbodor
Zebstrika Garbodor

The list goes on. Also Celebi, mind PMing me? I wanted to bounce a couple ideas off you. Thanks.

I find enhanced hammers pretty useful in garbodor. I am testing garbodor/Terrakion EX and I teched in enhanced hammer exactly for that reason. You will stop giratina, shaymin, sigilyph and hydreigon in darkrai hydreigon making them use darkrai. Against garchomp altaria that would leave them without garchomp's second attack making it a 3HKO to get out terrakion EX. Also some empoleon terrakion i'd seen run blend. It helps on a better klinklang matchup. The problem is that the deck became inconsistent after the change but it have work pretty well.

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
I find enhanced hammers pretty useful in garbodor. I am testing garbodor/Terrakion EX and I teched in enhanced hammer exactly for that reason. You will stop giratina, shaymin, sigilyph and hydreigon in darkrai hydreigon making them use darkrai. Against garchomp altaria that would leave them without garchomp's second attack making it a 3HKO to get out terrakion EX. Also some empoleon terrakion i'd seen run blend. It helps on a better klinklang matchup. The problem is that the deck became inconsistent after the change but it have work pretty well.

Uh, you stop Hydreigon pretty good anyways just by having Garbodor on the field. Same thing with Klingklang, Garchomp and Empoleon have a hard time setting up (well, not terribly hard but harder) with your Garbodor being in play (and having a tool of course).

I have never had a game with Garbodor out of maybe 15-20 I've played that I wished I had an Enhanced Hammer. Honestly, you'd have to play 3-4 to ever hope to draw into one at any given time, and that's way too much space to devote to an incredibly situational card.

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
You have a dead hand. Would you rather topdeck an Enhanced Hammer or a Supporter? If you say Supporter, than your entire point is invalidated since even against the decks you're "countering", you need draw Supporters. If you say Enhanced Hammer, you're clearly crazy. Teching is a terrible idea in this format. Having 20 Supporters is a better idea than having 16 and 4 techs.

So, I've been doing some more research, and it seems that it's not that played, but it's still viable for space. But from what I've read, it's just to get energy off Hydregion...and that's it. So I don't think it's that played, but only more testing will reveal it.

I've been playing Garbo/Terra/Hammers for a while now and......Enhanced Hammer is a very good card in it. It annoys Garchomp and Hydreigon (Even though Hydreigon is already a win) and shuts down DCE. It really slows down Tornadus EX and makes them 3 shot you (no pluspower of course.). Thats my opinion. I've been doing well with the deck and I suggest testing it. But don't run too many. THATS a waste. I only run 2, and they still help.

Zangoose said:
Awkward. Idk, play in a better area? Maybe not go to league?

I'm clearly going to move and stop attending my local league. I've eaten bowls of alphabet soup that put up better arguments.

But in all seriousness, it's not a bad tech if you can find the space.

Back