• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Energyless Polinoir (Politoed / Dusknoir)

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
Pokemon:

• 4 Poliwag FRF
    4 Poliwhirl FRF
    3 Poliwrath FRF
    3 Politoed FRF
    2 Celebi EX
    2 Duskull
    2 Dusknoir BCR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    4 Skyla
    1 Lysandre
    2 Pokemon Fan Club

4 Ultra Ball
    2 Evosoda
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Switch
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 Pal Pad
    2 Startling Megaphone
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    1 Dowsing Machine
    3 Frozen City
Energy:

Strategy:
Use Politoed's ability to attack for free using Poliwag/whirl/wrath and Celebi EX to use their unevolved form's attacks (In particular, Finishing Blow). Frozen City in combination with Dusknoir is used to get some damage onto the opponent's Active Pokemon, and to move around the damage spread by Poliwrath's Steamroll.

RE: Energyless Polinoir (Politoed/Dusknoir)

I really want to see this deck in action! It looks fun!

Edit: Has there been a ruling on how Celebi EX interacts with Politoed yet?

Edit Edit: Seems it doesn't, shame.

RE: Energyless Polinoir (Politoed/Dusknoir)

You are running 3 Stage 2, two of them will always use rare candy (Politoed and Dusknoir), you should run 4 Rare Candy. You could take one Megaphone or Muscle Band for that, maybe even one Frozen City.

All in all, it seems like a great list, I am eagwr to try it out...

siRisacc said:
I really want to see this deck in action! It looks fun!

Edit: Has there been a ruling on how Celebi EX interacts with Politoed yet?

Edit Edit: Seems it doesn't, shame.

Although no offical ruling has been submited, it will probably work like Drifblim/Drifloom along with Celebi, meaning if a Wrath uses its Whirl's attacks, it still gets the bonus from the Toed's Ability, But Toed can't attack with its Whirls attacks without the energy since it is Toed attacking and its ability doesn't cover himself.

best poli deck that I´ve seen mm i would run it like this no lysandre ( dusknoir makes the work ) 2 wrath only or even 1 lol is a great attacker but whirl is much better 1 celebi. its not a crucial pokemon at all 2 - 1 - 2 dusclops just in case if is a little difficult search the candies also helps evo soda i really liked frozen idea but just 2 and 1 training stadium and over all MAXX POTION 4 if i could

thats my thoughts (=

This is similar to the deck I made before, and I can advise some stuff. I'd get rid of the poliwraths because they ended up being really underwhelming when I playtested them. stage 2 attackers are really hard to get out and politoed doesnt even have a particularly high hp for stage 2, while poliwhirl actually has the stronger attack overall. You can ensure politoed hits for full dmg with dusknoir anyway. the only benefit to running poliwrath is max potion and since you dont have any, there's probably no need for him. Hopefully you can find success with this deck, I found it very difficult to keep momentum after the first politoed goes down! But it is a fun deck and with polishing Im sure it can achieve things :D I think pokemon fan club seems like a good addition to the deck which I didn't add. One thing you can replace your poliwraths with is item based draw power, as well as an additonal megaphone. You could go 2 bicycle and 1 megaphone or something like that!

And if you are removing poliwraths then you could also remove celebi, giving you 2 rollerskates or something. This would really help give you that early boost.

you should add in a couple of max pots as you run no energy and since poliswag/noir runs no really beefy pokemon

2-1-2 in the dusknoir line is better imo , and even better coz you are running evosoda wich can help, 3 frozen city seems a lot to me, i run 2 in my variant with it , and 2 celeby is overkill in my opinion, in my build with focussing on it i only run 1 and even with that sometimes i start with it at active wich is one of the worst scenarios for this deck

Back