Energy acceleration for Grass and Psychic

Presto04

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone know of good combinations for the best energy acceleration for these card types? I'm trying to build a deck around these types and can't really find much to compete with a blastoise type deck. The thought of running that water deck to compete is just.. Ugh. I like creative gameplay so I'm trying to think outside the box.

What are your consistent card combinations that help you accelerate energy drops? Having 3 energy on the field vs. 6 after 3 rounds is disheartening.

What specifically in these 2 card types helps with this. I've only found good water/fire/dark/electric accelerators but no real ones for grass/psychic. Have I overlooked a combo or pokemon that helps energy acceleration?

Gardevoir accelerates in a way, but it's weak to Mewtwo and has especially low HP for a Stage 2.

Well, Shaymin EX has synthesis, but it is an EX, and there is Ho-Oh EX, which you cold use rebirth and energy switch after discarding Ho-Oh, but that's pretty luck based. There's also Victini EX, but then you would have to run Fires or Victory Piece.

Pokedex+Ether is sadly the best way.

And it's not really the most reliable acceleration, let's just say. It's sad, but this is part of the reason why these types aren't played as prominently as things that use Water, Lightning, Dark discards etc.

dmaster out.

Sad =[ - thought I was missing a balance grass pokemon that righted the world of water. Psychic would have given bulk, balance and speed to a vileplume ferocity but its just too slow and clunky. Mew EX / MewTwo EX / Vileplume would let basic grass and psychic type OHKO any water/psychic. I was chomping on Mew EX with an accelgor/Celebi out for OHKO on the other side but its too many cards.. Too reliant on draws. it would give me grass type energy exclusion in the deck except for 4 prism scattered in for Mew EX energy (sans anything garbodor I'd try). Rare candy... Just to get Vileplume out. Too many cards. TOO MANY!

Really think i'm on to a tier 3 deck but that's it. It gets rolled by 2 of the 4 tier 1 metagames and at best strong to the other 2 because water is just so friggen fast. I really needed faster energy to make it work. You gotta have a TANK that's retreatable in the deck to make it work. No strong grass types and Replace on Mew EX is an attack. If only Replace was the ability and Versatile was the attack.... I couldn't figure out a way to get the energy back on to the deck fast enough.

You guys have any ideas on something to get it going?

In the mean time, i've decided on speed darkrai cause its just the best way to get my kid tournament points and easy to play. Then tune a grass/psychic for fun with friends.

My ideal deck was Mew EX / MewTwo EX / Celebi / Vileplume/ Accelgor.. I was kicking everything around... I needed a TANK in grass to compliment the higher HP on MewTwo. I couldn't spare the 4 cards for sky arrow cause I was using them for DCE and I needed something in grass or psychic that gets around the EX locks in plasma and past. FYI accelgor was my last resort bench heal for both return fighters.

Back