XY Enemy Team and their motivation?

oakbark

Aspiring Trainer
So what do you think will be the new Team Rocket in these games?

I'm guessing the enemy team will be focused on either:

[a] fusing the DNA of pokemon with other pokemon to create an unstoppable mega-pokemon

or

fusing the DNA of pokemon with humans to create super-humans.

I'm leaning more towards your first option. It seems like something a greedy company would do. Perhaps Mew could be in the storyline somewhere since it contains the genes for all Pokemon.

Team aurora to fit in with the colourful brilliance of the legendaries? or team chrome to contrast the colourful brilliance of the legendaries? Did i mention the colourful brilliance of the legendaries?
I agree with the dna plotline, especially looking at the japanese logos for the games

Also with the game seemingly set at least partially in france, will there be new slowpoketail-esque items like seismitoadlegs or froakielegs from the evil team ??

I think that they won't be enemy teams in the traditional way, but rather rival companies and won't go by Team Whatever like befor (there will be two teams, the "enemy" depends on the version, like in RS). Each company will create one one of the legendaries in a hope to be better than their rival company. Xcom will create Xerneas and Ycom will create Yveltal (not very creative enemy names :p) (and yes, create, not summon or awaken like before). Depending on your version, one team will be good and the other bad. For example, in X version Xcom will be good and need you to capture Xerneas before Ycom catches it and Xcom will try to help you on your quest, vice versa in Y version. I am really hoping for a more sci-fi approach to this generation then the others, it would be a very interesting twist in the Pokemon series.

Hmm, interesting question. I don't want another "DNA" baddie team. We already have two of those--Team Plasma in BW2, not BW and Team Rocket created Mewtwo.

For this once, I think they're gonna be Team "Sky" and Team "Land". Not like Team Aqua or Magma, they just fight each other to boast about their beautiful "worlds". Finally, the third mascot which represents (Insert here) will join the war! I though it will be cool to see an war between two teams rather than just one.

I'm agreeing with the original post first idea. Giovanni's scientists (not necessarily Team Rocket, but associated with them) cloned Mew to create Mewtwo. Team Plasma-2 really didn't have much to do with DNA, yes there were the splicers, but those were an ancient artifact naturally associated with the Tao trio, and thus was only forcing nature to assemble something not quite whole with the splicers...

For the forging of a super Pokémon with the use of DNA, it is likely that the respective legend of the games (running theme right?) will be directly associated with their plans. As for how or what is going to end up happening is still in speculation. Then again, most of it is... :/

another possibility could be the manipulation of a pokemon's DNA. The team could be after these two primary legendaries in the hopes of understanding the dna of all pokemons (running on the theory that Xerneas and Yveltal are the primordial genetic legendaries). The motive behind this could be forced evolution, mutated DNA to create a new type, stuff like that. This can also make room for 2nd stage evolutions to other pokemons .

I think Ghetsis should appear again
I think BW2 hinted at DNA with the DNA Splicers.
Maybe we will get a further back story on how DNA Splicers were made.

My first idea is a team made of genetic scentists researching a way of using the DNA splicers on common pokémon. But I don't like the idea of fusing pokémon at all :(

Wait a second- DNA fusing. That's what makes Black/White Kyurem, correct? If that is their motivation, could that mean a spiritual/literal successor to Ghetsis? Say what you will about Team Plasma, but the Ghetsis and N storyline is all kinds of tragic and I love it. Also, read these quotes from the Shadow Triad when you rebattle them in BW2.

"You... Congratulations. Ghetsis won't do anything anymore... No, to be more precise, he can't do anything anymore... That's why we won't forgive you. Battle us!"
"I'll win! That is the only way to regain his lost heart!"
Battle for Ghetsis! This is the only proof that I'm living now."
"We, the Shadow Triad, were, are, and will be the royal servants of Ghetsis!"

So obviously they're pretty devoted to Ghetsis and everything he stands for. It's an extremely farfetch'd idea but what if the Shadow Triad/Ghetsis/Colress/anyone has transferred their experimentation and desire to control the world's Pokemon to the new region? The DNA splicers could have just been the first step, or the beta version.

I dunno. I'm leaning more towards a team that either tries to make a perfect Pokemon, or a team that clones Pokemon, upsetting the balance of the world.

I think it depends based on what theme they want to go with this game. If they're basing it on life, then we might have another Cyrus who wants to end the world as we know it.

And besides it would be a good oportunity to show us the original dragon and some more about Genesect (such as the pokemon he was before the experiments)

Well, considering X and Y derive from the DNA theme, Im speculating a two-team rivalry. X and Y are chromosome codes, determining gender or something, with X being female and Y being male. So it might be males VS females of somesort. Maybe Team Xelix ( from X and double helix) and Team Yelix (from Y and double helix). Wow Im bad with coming up with names. Eh. Maybe just Team DNA.

Maybe they want to breed (the DNA thing) for perfect pokemon and treat non-perfect pokemon like trash, but they are actually just really hard-core, misunderstood competitive players, like some of us.

I'm kind of sick of bad guy teams. I hope they really switch it up the generation and pull out something really creative and unexpected. But if they stick with the whole "evil team trying to take over" deal then I at least hope that they aren't another team using only under-leveled zubats (or any other common and weak pokemon).

Maybe if a theme of the game is DNA it'll be about the bad guys furiously trying to get their mods back...

Ahem, although DNA splicing and whatnot would be rad, I feel as though Red/Blue of all things covered similar ground with Mewtwo. The most mysterious mechanic in Pokemon is the whole evolution business, maybe in generation 6 we'll be gifted with more knowledge on that?

Shampoo Thief said:
I'm kind of sick of bad guy teams. I hope they really switch it up the generation and pull out something really creative and unexpected. But if they stick with the whole "evil team trying to take over" deal then I at least hope that they aren't another team using only under-leveled zubats (or any other common and weak pokemon).

It would be interesting if the bad guys were a team of very knowledgeable scientists, as opposed to mere criminals. Maybe they would pose as pokemon professors and researchers. You would investigate their facilities and their 'animal testing' as you progress throughout the game, culminating in a face-off that reveals their true intentions of DNA manipulation of pokemon.

Maybe they could have better pokemon then, instead of Poison/Dark types.

oakbark said:
It would be interesting if the bad guys were a team of very knowledgeable scientists, as opposed to mere criminals. Maybe they would pose as Pokemon professors and researchers. You would investigate their facilities and their 'animal testing' as you progress throughout the game, culminating in a face-off that reveals their true intentions of DNA manipulation of Pokemon.

Maybe they could have better Pokemon then, instead of Poison/Dark types.
I really want this to happen! I would love a team that deals with animal testing, a very touchy concept. I also think that if this doesn't happen, something similar to this will. Because gen5 dealed with Pokemon/animal rights (at first), another real, also touchy topic. Also, if the enemies were scientists and such, they should use inorganic Pokemon like the Porygon line (one of my favorite lines), who don't get all the credit they deserve. Also I am sick of weak pork/poison types too.

Back