Empoleon Question

prenceofdarkness

NeoGenesisRevo
Hey guys, empoleon has been really cutting my deck's legs as of late. I'm trying to come up with a way to make empoleon a bit less devistating for me but I can't seem to have any luck.

Right now I run dugtrio CG (sand vail to stop bench attacks) and ray ex to take advantage of empoleon's weakness. I even tried lake boundry to OHKO empoleon but it doesn't seem to work.

A few times I warp point empoleon and it slows my opponent down a bit if they can't retreat, and that's how all my wins vsing empoleon have come.

So my question is simple. Is there any way to slow down empoleon? I'm looking for just a few cards to run as a tech that might devistate or at least slow it down.

Here is my current tech:
Lake boundry + ray ex + castform + windstorm = ohko when I'm down
dugtrio to stop bench sniping.

The ray combo seems to depend on way to many cards for it to work so if anyone has any better ideas please post. I'm sure that this will help alot of other people suffering at the hands of empoleon.

I say stop crying and take it like a man.... this isnt a little boys game here......

lol ....
sorry, ill see you sunday with my empoleon.....

run meganium d he can get up to 60 dr against empolion. completly dominates emp.

Well it depends on what deck you are running? If you use a speed deck like Mario then he wont be a problem if you take him down fast.

Hey, I, the creator of Speedo, know it's weakness. If you can't beat it, join it. Use Empoleon. The mirror decks ARE ANNOYING. If you don't want to, R-Gon or GatrGon is the way to go.

Dudeman1993 said:
Hey, I, the creator of Speedo, know it's weakness. If you can't beat it, join it. Use Empoleon. The mirror decks ARE ANNOYING. If you don't want to, R-Gon or Megatr is the way to go.

Fixed. Megatr is Empoleons death.

Meganium d reduces damage by 60 and use a Gatr charge to bring it up to 60. Play some Plus Power/Strength Charm and you are pretty much good to go. Here i'll give you the lines.

24 Pokemon
4 Holon's Castform
3-2-3 Meganium d (MT Bayleef)
3-2-3 Feraligatr d (MT Croconaw)
1-1 Milotic d/Fearow d (It's a 50, 50 split)
1 Rayquaza EX d
1 Latios EX d/1 Mew* d

Pokemonmasterpa said:
Yeah, but playing that doesn't give you a good matchup against other decks.

Agree & Megatr is only useful(very) when playing against any Empoleon deck. One more thing about Megatr is the deck's weakness, Meganium is weakness to Fire & Feraligatr is weakness to Lightning. You might suffer when you run into any Fire & Lightning deck especially Electivire & Inferncatty decks...

There is currently no real way to counter a whole Empoleon deck if not by building a deck just for that.

Back