• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Empoleon/Gardevoir Deck 4 Battle Roads (MD-On)

danio13

nintendo fan(but mostly kirby)
I edited my old reliable deck that I have been playing since start of DP set. I decided to use it one more time at the Battle Roads Tournament before HSGG-on offically kicks in (I'll miss Uxie, Empoleon, and Gardy most of all :( )

....sniff...oh um...anyways here is my deck:

POKEMON: 20
2 Piplup (Supreme Victors 121)
1 Piplup (Platinum 85)
1 Prinplup (Majestic Dawn 44)
1 Prinplup (Platinum 59)
1 Empoleon (Platinum 26)
1 Empoleon (Majestic Dawn 17)
1 Phione (Majestic Dawn 12) (evolver)
3 Ralts (Platinum 89)
3 Kirlia (Platinum 51)
2 Gardevoir (Platinum 8)
1 Uxie (Legends Awakened 43)
1 Azelf (Legends Awakened 19)
1 Stanler (HS: Unleased 64) (Another poor man's poke collector)
1 Snorlax (Rising Rivals 33) (Snorlax the fisherman lol)

TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS: 20
2 Switch
2 Bebe’s Search
1 Life Herb
1 Judge
1 Palmer’s Contribution
1 Broken Time-Space
2 Rare Candy
2 Professor Elm’s Training Method
2 Interviewer’s Questions
1 Dual Ball (Poor man’s Poke Collector…cause I’m a poor man lol)
1 Copycat
2 Energy Retrieval (Slightly better than Fisherman since I can play more than 1 each turn)
2 Pokemon Communication

ENERGY: 20
1 DCE
1 Call Energy
9 {W}
9 {P}

Strategy: Bringing out Empoleon and Gardy out as soon as possible, before opponent overwhelms me. Taking advantage of Empoleon to hit at the bench as well as the active pokemon.

Main Issues:
Increase of energies
Limit amount of Trainers in case of Trainer Lock decks

Also, don't bombard me with " You should put in Poke Collector" cause I don't have Collector, thus the "substitutes" I have.

Feel free to ask any question about my strategy or anything about my deck

Man, this deck is pretty random. where to start, where to start.
-2 Professor Elm's Training Method
-1 Dual Ball
-3 {P}
+1 BTS
+2 PONT
+1 Uxie
+1 Bebe's Search
+1 Rare Candy

9 Psychic energy is too much, since gardevoir is the only one who needs it. BTS because you have to little in your deck, and a massive chance of it going to be prized, rare candy to ensure a quick set up, dual ball is just to unreliable, and can be replaced with something that is actually good. Bebe's search for more search power, Professor Oak's New Theory (PONT) for hand refreshments, Uxie is really helpful, as i ran only 1 before, and i screwed over a couple of battles before because of the lack of uxie. Professor elm's training method is a very terrible, very simple card that it should not exist. i mean 1 for 1 and only for an evolved, bebe's is a supernatural freak compared to it, so boot 'em out ASAP. and that'll be all, for now.

Back