• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Emboar / Rayquaza EX

HT F8

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Novice

Pokemon - 15
  • 4 Tepig (LTR)
  • 1 Pignite (LTR)
  • 3 Emboar (LTR)
  • 3 Rayquaza EX (DRX)
  • 2 Reshiram (LTR)
  • 1 Rayquaza (DRX)
  • 1 Exeggcute (PLF)

Trainers - 33
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Skyla
  • 3 N
  • 1 Colress
  • 2 Tropical Beach
  • 4 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Heavy Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy - 12
  • 9 Fire
  • 3 Lightning

Strategy
Use Emboar's Infernal Fandango to attach energy to Rayquaza EX and OHKO everything.

Card Choices
  • Reshiram (LTR) for Virizion/Genesect matchup.
  • Pignite (LTR) to get around Trevenant blocking Rare Candies.
  • Rayquaza (DRX) for a non-EX attacker that one-shots dragons.
  • Exeggcute (PLF) for Propagation, free discard fodder for Ultra Ball, Superior Energy Retrieval, Dowsing Machine.
  • Escape Rope for a Switch+almost Catcher, because I don't like the coin flip on Catcher.
  • Tool Scrapper at 1 because there aren't any Garbodor players locally, plus Dowsing Machine if desperate.
  • Heavy Ball to search Pignite/Emboar.
  • Dowsing Machine because it's great overall and a 5th Superior Energy Retrieval is nice.

Possible Additions
  • +1 Mr. Mime (PLF) to fight Darkrai, Trevenant, Landorus, etc. with Bench Barrier.
  • +1/1 or 2/2 Electrode (PLF) for an ability draw engine that combats late-game Ns.
  • +1/0/1 or 2/0/2 Delphox (XY) because its Tropical Beach in a Fire-type bench sitting with a solid attack. Wary to add because running 2 Stage 2's would certainly cramp.
  • +1 Ultra Ball for additional setup speed, discards are negligible with Exeggcute.
  • +1 Computer Search over Dowsing Machine, just to make setting up faster/more consistent.

Possible Cuts
  • -1 Tepig (LTR) for space, as the deck can still run with only 3.
  • -1 Exeggcute (PLF) because opening with him is an easy donk.
  • -1 Float Stone as Rayquaza EX will mostly be sitting in the Active anyway, and I already have 2x Switch in case Emboar is dragged out.
  • -1 Lightning Energy, just to make room since I am already running Energy Search.

Note
I'm pretty new to PTCG, but after a few years playing YGO competitively, I'm really liking this game so far. I haven't been able to test this deck, I'm still gathering the last few cards, so most of my choices are off of advice and speculation. Let me know what I can do to make the deck better. Thanks!

I'm putting together a deck very similar to this, with 3 Reshiram instead of 2, but other than that it looks very similar. It's a great deck.

Frost Mage said:
I'm putting together a deck very similar to this, with 3 Reshiram instead of 2, but other than that it looks very similar. It's a great deck.

HT F8 isnt going for a Reshi-Boar deck. His focus is Rayquaza EX which can hit 180 no problem.

This deck list HT F8 is pretty ideal already. Its a slightly variation of some Rayboar's Ive seen but over good build.

JungleBeatz said:
This deck list HT F8 is pretty ideal already. Its a slightly variation of some Rayboar's Ive seen but over good build.

Thanks! It's a pretty standard build, so it should run pretty smooth. Just have to test out different one-ofs, techs, ratios, etc.

I'd remove the Mewtwo for a Rayquaza just so you can OHKO Black Kyurem. Also KOs any Sigilyph regardless of Tools.

Blui said:
I'd remove the Mewtwo for a Rayquaza just so you can OHKO Black Kyurem. Also KOs any Sigilyph regardless of Tools.
Baby Rayquaza, excellent support attacker and good tech card in current meta. Mewtwo is ok but you dont want to drop a whole lot of energies there have them get stuck when you want to attack with something good.

JungleBeatz said:
Blui said:
Baby Rayquaza, excellent support attacker and good tech card in current meta. Mewtwo is ok but you dont want to drop a whole lot of energies there have them get stuck when you want to attack with something good.

Agreed, sounds like a good swap. Thanks for your input, I'll get on that!

Edit: Changes made! After a bit of playtesting, I might drop a Switch/Float Stone/Escape Rope for a 4th Ultra Ball. Any suggestion on which one, or where else I could make room for another Ultra Ball?

Going with -1 Energy Search, +1 Professor's Letter of course.

Trying to figure out what to take out for a 2-0-2 Delphox line... space is tight. :(

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
HT F8 said:
Trying to figure out what to take out for a 2-0-2 Delphox line... space is tight. :(

Delphox is NOT Needed, run Electrode if you're that worried.

Think so? Electrode is definitely more consistent, as you're not forced to use Rare Candies on him like you do Delphox. Delphox fits in so perfectly, aside from being a stage 2 though. :(

In any case, any recommendations on what to remove for a 2-2 lineup, whether it be Electrode of Delphox?

Edit: Or is the Pokemon list fine as is?

Back