Electrode Prime

Electrode Prime is...

• A Great Card

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Just For League

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters
I believe it's just a league card because it offers a prize to the opponent for a chance to hopefully pull energy. Plus it can be power sprayed.

Giving prizes may not be a bad thing with Twins and Black Belt coming out soon.Yes they can Power Spray it,but you have tools to stop the oppenent playing Power Spray as well with Spirtomb and Vileplume

That is a really good idea for this infernape deck, dude that might make it a lot more faster that way, going Twins after giving a prize and getting energies.

The problem: sure, you COULD Twins after KO'ing it, BUT: what if you end up discarding the cards you were going to search out with Twins? Fun, maybe.

Better off running electrode g; it at least spreads damage to the opponent.

The chance of having to discard up to 7 cards hinders electrode prime's chance of being useful. You can use twins after, but like El Radar said. What if those cards get discarded. I think the cons outweigh the pros.

Electrode Prime is very underrated IMO. Discarding off the top and attaching energy found can be good for decks built around it(i.e.Scizor Prime,Steelix Prime,Tyranitar SF).

Also just because your discarding non-energy cards, you could say that they were already going to be their eventually. LOL

Seriously, all non-energy cards can be recovered in someway:
Pokemon-Pokemon Rescue/Plamer's Contribution/Flower Shop Lady
Trainer-Junk Arm/Good Rod
Supporter-VS Seeker

As you can see, it wouldn't be a total lost if your prepared.

This card is very similar to Electrode EX. However, the different is this power gets you energy from top of your deck while Electrode EX gets you energy from discard pile. It makes a huge different because you can know how many energy you can retrieve from Electrode EX's power. On the other hand, Electrode Prime is really luck based. Even though you can ensure top few cards are energy; but discard the rest of the card you reveal is a pretty hugh drawback.

This card would be mad good if they gave us stinking research documents.

Put five energies on top then use electrodes power. It would be awesome.

I'm still trying to get my hands on Electrode Primes but haven't been to league yet.
I belive with Twins and Black Belt,some good can come from giving your oppenent a prize card at the right time.

I doubt it'll see play in even one tier one deck. It's a luck based power with a huge recoil for a relatively small chance of a big pay off. Can't stand it.

You not only can gain extra energies from Electrode Prime, but you gain advantage from discard all non-energy cards as well. There are Pokemon which gain more powerful with more Pokemon or trainers in your discard pile. For more detail, read my blog. Electrode Prime card review. If you have comment on my review, feel free to drop a comment =)

As far as Dusknoir FB, it's tough to get THAT many Pokémon SP into your discard with whatever's going on for Electrode. I don't see anyone running completely SP and including Electrode just for Dusknoir. Basically, what I'm saying is that that deck would have to be built moreso around SP than Electrode, and an SP deck would do even better without it.

Back