electric tenticles

Joebq

Aspiring Trainer
20-electivire.jpg
75-tentacruel.jpg

I have a deck built around this, i'm running into trouble with getting energies into their discard, does anyone have any ideas?

in the deck i have a; retreat aid dodrio, team rockets trickery, and a 2-2-2 kingdra prime

the tentacruel are 3-3
and the electivire is 4-4

i was thinking of throwing in a mother nidoqueen for health. or a raquaza C for the twister (energy discard)but then ill need DCE in which ele or tent don't use

here's a list you should run:
3 Tentacool LA
3 Tentacruel LA
3 Electabuzz TR
3 Electivire TR
2 Rotom MD(for energy from discard)
2 Mareep PL
1 Flaaffy HS
2 Ampharos Prime HS
2 Sneasel UD or LA (UD good for starting, LA good against sp)
2 Weavile UD (places energy in discard)
1 Uxie
1 Azelf

2 Fisherman
2 lucian assignment
2 seeker
2 Twins
2 Collector
2 sunnyshore city gym
1 Rare Candy
3 Junk arm
2 Bebe's search
2 BTS

2 Dark energy
13 Lightning Energy

Basically set up weavile and start putting energy in your opponents discard, then set up ampharos prime so it damages their pokes when they play energy, use tentacruel to attach to as many pokemon as possible and finally use electavire to kill all of their pokemon at the same time. Rotom gives electivire some more energy, sunnyshore for bad match ups and then the usual.

Hope this helps, Electabuzzy( i have played and tweaked this list extensively)

Why Ampharos Prime? I thought that was only from the hand; it doesn't seem to have a real place in this deck...

electivire wont need any more energy than it already has, what you should be worrying about is liquid retreat:

I would use warp points and an Unown Q for Tentecruel.

THis way, you can freely move between tentecruels and electivires for maximizing your damage

should i do the 3 q's or a 1-1 dodrio that effect electrivire too?

i can see the amphoros as they can discard energy, but i was thinking more on the Weavile/Seaker/BTS for that

3 Tentacool LA
3 Tentacruel LA
4 Electabuzz TR
4 Electivire TR
2 Sneasel UD or LA (UD good for starting, LA good against sp)
2 Weavile UD (places energy in discard)
1 Doduo UD
1 Dodrio UD
1 Uxie
1 Azelf
[22]

2 Fisherman
2 lucian assignment
2 Palmer
4 seeker
3 Twins
2 Collector
2 sunnyshore city gym
4 Bebe's search
2 BTS
3 Warp Point
[26]

2 Dark energy
10 Lightning Energy
[12]

should the dark be special? should I add a water? or just a rainbow?

Special dark could work, don't bother about water energy as it isn't needed. If you think about it having dodrio isn't really nessessary as if you attach a electric energy to tentacruel, retreat ut you can pick up the energy back from the discard with either electivire's or rotom's attack.

If only electivire Lv.x was still legal,it would make this deck a million times better.

How doe's giving your opponent 2 energy help electivire they could just lucian it to avoid damage since your giving them a turn before you attack with electivire. There is one major issue with the tentacruel/ampharos prime combo, your putting energy on those pokemon and ampharos's power only work's if it's your opponent. Thought I'd point those two thing's out. cya

Because everyone runs Lucian's.
And those who do probably care enough to use it as their supporter for the turn.

That kinda defeat's the purpose of the game if your not going to use a tech for what it's for or even if it reduces the amount of ko's you take. cya

Lucian's as a tech? I don't think anyone would bother teching against a deck that's almost never seen.

righto... Isn't the point of this game to tech against something that hasn't been played yet, to keep on making new top of the format deck's, to out play eachother with something that is different and new, example worlds 2010 winner master's division. Question, how do you tech against deck's you've never seen before at city's, battle roads, regional's, nat's and world's? This is for competitive play so you have to assume the use of any and every card, coming up with counter's to help your deck against the current top deck's and so on. So to dismiss a card that can cripple this strategy is questionable, it's like if you we're to dismiss DGX as a valid bodies counter, same thing really. cya

No... it's not the same thing. Because a good number of people run Dialga G X. I have seen hardly any Lucian's in competitive decks, because this would be one of the only matchups you would ever use it for. and no one plays this. People don't tech against rogue unless it's pretty popular, which this isn't. Dialga G X helps a lot against a lot of decks, whereas Lucian's, which is hardly ever used, helps against this and pretty much nothing else.

You just proved me right, and to think all I was saying is it take's 1 lucians to screw up this strategy not saying that a person is putting lucian's into a deck. Do you know that half of the tech's in the format are only useful because of the top card's in the format, if one of those meta worthy cards we're to not exist then the tech's against or for that card become useless, so really lucians isn't that useless. cya

so they use a lucian/energy switch, Rotom HS-Un can be used to counter the energy loaded poke, i think i will have to add it, or something to it.

BTW this deck is just like both the lanturns from legends awake, http://serebii.net/card/legendsawakened/059.shtml

and im on your side varit, thats how the game should be, but it is understandable to be expecting the usual decks. which makes "rogue decks" fun

Groudon Kyoger Legend works to get energy into there discard and spreads. its easy to tech in a 2-2 and 1-3 legend box.

don't listen to Varit no one plays Lucians so don't worry about it, further more if you actually read the card you can only switch energy from one pokemon to one other pokemon so hes not going to put two energies on 1 pokemon unless he can KO it so he still gets damage.

try to put in Lanturn LA its just faster to set up.

varit, you seem to think this deck will become meta. It will not. Therefore, no one will tech against it. Almost no one uses Lucians. This deck does not have a problem with that.

Back