• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Eeveelutions-revived (Umbreon and Espeon Prime, Battle Roads)

Albatross245

Aspiring Trainer
Well ever since the Undaunted set was announced to have Umbreon and Espeon prime I immediately thought eeveelutions. There will be two decklists for this post my own decklist as stands, and my ideal decklist. For any pokemon I dont know the set for, I will instead use the name of its first attack, pokepower, pokebody etc.

Pokemon (18)
X1 Umbreon Prime (UD)
X1 Umbreon (Moonlight Fang, UD)
X2 Espeon Prime (UD)
X1 Espeon (MD)
X1 Espeon (Solar Suggestion, UD)
X2 Uxie (Set Up)
X1 Azelf (Time walk)
X1 Bronzong (SF)
X2 Bronzor (SF)
X2 Sableye (SF
X4 Eevee (RR, Signs of Evolution)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (28)
X2 Copycat
X4 Bebe's Search
X2 Flower Shop Lady
X2 Interviewer's Questions
X4 Pokemon Collector
X1 Luxury Ball
X4 Super Scoop Up
X2 Expert Belt
X2 Switch
X2 Warp Point
X2 Broken Time Space
X1 Burned tower

Energy (14)
X4 Double Colorless
X4 Special Darkness
X3 Darkness
X3 Psychic

The ideal deck is listed below, I will not re-post the list, only the replacements.

Pokemon
X1 Bronzong (SF) ---> X1 Umbreon Prime (UD)
X1 Bronzor (SF) ---> X1 Umbreon (MD)
X1 Bronzor (SF) ---> X1 Sableye (SF)

Well the strategy behind this deck is simple, use Pokemon collector to get any Eevee's you need, Evolve them all then use Ubreon's Evoblast ("Does 50 damage plus 10 more damage for each of your Pokemon that evolve from Eevee") to do 90 damage for the 4 evolved pokemon and uses using darkness energy and 2 colorless energies.

The Espeon Prime (with the evolutionary memories that allows Espeon Prime to use every eevee evolutions attack) is of course to counter a fighting deck, or at the least prevent Umbreon Prime from the X2 fighting weakness.
The MD Espeon adds a 20 HP bonus, which is always nice, and the MD Umbreon takes away weakness and the retreat cost for Eevee evolutions is free.
The UD Espeon is there simply for its solar suggestion to KO a weaker or weakened pokemon pokemon while healing your own, very nice if used in combination with warp point to switch Espeon Prime up to use solar suggestion and KO the probable main attacker of your opponents while healing whatever it is that was just benched.
The UD Umbreon is a decent counter to decks that use pokebodies, or pokepowers. Moonlight Fang's effect is: "During your opponents next turn, prevent all effects including dammage, done to Umbreon by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon that has any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies" and does 30 damage for one darkness energy. It doesn't hit very hard but it prevents Donphan Prime, Dialga G Lv. X, Garchomp C Lv. X, Keckleon and any other metagame decks who's main attacker also has pokepower or pokebody.

The draw engine of this deck is Uxie, Sableye (to use an additional supporter) and all supporters excluding flower shop lady. It's not the best draw engine but it has gotten me what i need 7/10 times. If anyone could suggest a different legal draw engine that wouldn't be too hard to tech in that would be great.

The warp point's and switche's are to take easy KO's and get a moderately damaged eevee evolution back to the bench, and used in combination with Super scoop up, can give healing. Umbreon Prime's pokepower is essentially a super scoop up that doesn't work if Umbreon is effected by a special condition.

The Broken time-space is for a turn 2 eevee evolution/quick evolve later in the game. This is used in combination with flower shop lady (allows the user to get 3 pokemon and 3 basic energy into their deck) pokemon collector and bebe's to make for a somewhat quick recovery after and Umbreon or Espeon get KO'd. Burned Tower also helps with a recovery after KO, because if you get heads with a coin flip a basic energy comes back to your hand.

In my current version the Bronzong is mainly to get more energy into your hand with its pokepower which allows you to put a card from your hand to your deck to get 2 basic energy. This was mainly because for whatever reason before i had this version of the deck i had a heck of a time getting energy but that is no longer the case, The Bronzong line will probably be replaced with the UD dodrio line untill i can get the needed cards for my ideal deck.
The expert belts, and special darkness energy are for an attack boost, and the double colorless energy are for a faster Evoblast.
The Umbreon's/Espeon's used are definetly situational, you have to experiment to see which combo works against which deck

Sorry if this was kind of long, if you guys want I can post a reply with metagame match-ups on this thread. So tell me what you guys think and tell me what can be improved, Thanks! (I appologize for the lack of scans, I'm new to this site so I have no idea how to do that, but I'm sure if you want to take a look at the cards here, you can find scans of them on this site)

RE: Eeveelutions-revived (Umbreon and Espeon Prime)

the only problem i really see is your relying on really just 4 pokemon to get out all your evolutions. but thats just me

RE: Eeveelutions-revived (Umbreon and Espeon Prime, Masters Battle Roads)

Well usually you get a t1 eevee in which case you would use signs to get two of your eeveelutions, but the fact that there are 8 (idealy) eeveelutions in the deck your bound to get one fairly quickly with out having to use signs. if you have to use signs to get 2 in your hand, bebe's is there for the 3rd. Granted, that only gets you to 80 evoblast base, assuming the worst has happened that you have to use Espeon prime with no belt, and you have no special dark for umbreon prime. sableye makes for a tad slower full eevee evolution set up but will definetly help getting anything you need from your deck.

RE: Eeveelutions-revived (Umbreon and Espeon Prime, Masters Battle Roads)

cmvirtusio said:
Comments:

Eeveelution really amazes me, it gives you more options of playing the deck depending on your opponents deck...

Talking about options, I think that you could give Flareon (RR) a spot just to cover the weeknesses of Steelix, Dialga G, Scizor, and Jumpluff... I mean, i know Steelix, Dialga G, and Scizor can't attack you if you just used moonlight fang, but killing this hard steal is better... you could devolve it any way...

One more... Umbreon (UD) is a must, you need atleast 2 in the deck,
also, just to cover up the weakness(especially Umbreon), i think Umbreon MD is great

+1 Flareon RR
+1 Umbreon UD
+1 Umbreon MD
-1 Bronzong line= Really, bronzong, what for???

its been a while since ive been on here, that was a deck list i threw together for fall battle roads. i knew i wouldn't do well, but it wanted to test it to see where it was lacking. my final deck list does not touch bronzor, and drops an espeon prime for an umbreon prime, and of course adds in the umbreon MD. i think i also had energy link which allows you to move energy between pokemon that have it attached to them. i also have rescue energy, pokemon rescue and i think flower shop lady. the idea is to spam umbreon prime, with an espeon prime (for weakness) ready to go, all with energy link on them so i could continue using the same energy, rather than having to slowly set someone up. unfortunately even with my eeveelutions deck as fast as it could get, hitting as hard as it could hit, its no match for the meta, and still wont be after rotation. but i think i'll keep it around as it is a fun deck to play. thanks for the input :D

Back