eevee 1st place Leonardtown BR

Eevee

Whatever you do, don't play Half-Life in the dark.
The night before, I finished building my siblings' deck with random cards in my binder so I did not go to bed until midnight. Woke up around 6:30, got ready to go and woke up my siblings. We had to leave around 9 to avoid traffic caused by 2 sinkholes appearing on the highway. We get to the place in time. We registered, hanged out with friends and play tested my siblings' decks. It was fun having people try to guess what was the strategy for my brother deck. >:) There were 15 Masters, 2 Seniors and 0 juniors. I was playing Kingmega. Sister was playing Cubone Smash. Brother was playing Dragons and a Legend. (Ask if you want to know what it is. :)) I can't remember names so if I battled you just let me know. Also, my memory might be wrong in some places.

Round 1 vs Bye

This was a really hard game. Lucky, I had my DSi and music to help me win this match up. I started out Set the World on Fire by Black Veil Brides. I was able to burn my opponent. He flipped tails 7 times in a row. He sent out End of Song and ended Set the World on Fire. So I sent out Awake and Alive by Skillet (<3). I was able to put him to sleep. Again, he flipped tails 7 times. But on the 8th flip, he flipped heads and ended Awake and Alive. I almost made a misplay by sending out What I've Done by Linkin Park but I was able to catch myself in time. Instead, I brought up Monster by Paramore. When I did this, Bye was so scared of it, he scooped.

1-0

Round 2 vs ??/ google deck

My started with Yanma and Horsea. He started out with Solosis. He goes first and Cell Culture for another one. I evolved the Yanma into Yanmega. I copycated for 7 and Sonicboomed for the knock out. He could not draw anything good so he passed. I sonic boomed for the win.

2-0

Round 3 vs ??/ google deck

He opened up with Zekrom, Solosis, Oddish and Oddish. I opened up with Yanma and Horsea. I got a Yanmega out turn 2 and Lineared his Oddish. He used Twins to set up a Vilepume and Dousion. He attached an energy to Zekrom and passed. I got out a Kingdra and a Horsea and Judged. I forget to Spray Splashed and Lineared his Dousion. He attached an energy to Zekrom. Then he got out Reuniclus and moved the damage to Zekrom. Yeah, when your entire deck is weak against Zekrom, you don't last long. He just kept outraging for the knockouts.

2-1

Round 4 vs My brother

He started out with Zekrom. I started with Horsea and Yanma. I go first and attached a Rainbow to Horsea and passed. He could not draw anything good and passed. I get out a Yanmega and Judged. I did Sonic Boom for 70. He attached an energy to Zekrom and passed. I did not have any Judges or Copycats but luckily our hand sizes were the same. I Sonicboomed for the win. He flipped the next card over and it was a collector.

3-1

I was pretty sure I would make it in at least to the top 4. However, I was also pretty sure I would not make it in the top 2 since my luck usually does not work that way. I started to trade with other people while I waited for the standings to go up. When standings were posted, I came in second place. I was thrilled. However, I was slightly disappointed when I found out my opponent was my Round 3 opponent.

Top 2 vs Round 3 opponent/ google deck

Round 1
Look at Round 3.

Round 2
I am sorry but I can't remember much about this round. He was able to get out Vileplume turn 2. I sniped his babies and other low HP pokemon before he was able to get out Reuniclus. But by then, it was too late. I only had 1 prize left so he scooped.

We had 30 minutes left to play Round 3.

Round 3
He opened with Zekrom active and 2 Oddishes and 2 Solosis on the bench. I was able to KO an Oddish and both of his solosis before he was able to set up. He did managed to get a Vileplume out through Twins. I was able to get a Yanmega swarm going through Rescue Energies. During this time, he knocked out one of my Yanmega. I sniped a Phanpy twice and I believe a Pichu for another 2 prizes. Late game, he started to Bolt Striking me. I lost two Yanmega Primes but I was able to set up another KO on his Chansey. Throughout the game, my opponent had been trying to keep his hand uneven to mine. Thankfully, every time I judged or copycated, I always managed to snag another hand equalizer card. However, on this turn, I was not able to but I did have a Seadra with a Rainbow attached. I retreated the Yanmega Prime I had active for Seadra and used Muddy Water to KO his chansey for the win.

I found out I became the first girl to win a Southern Maryland premier event in 6 years. I pulled a good Beartic out of my packs.

P.S. My sister went 1-3. (Note to self: Don't give flipping deck to someone who can't flip heads to save their life.) My brother went 2-2 with his "special" deck.

Props
Winning for the first time. :D
Brother's deck did better then excepted.
Being the first girl to win a Southern MD premier event in 6 years.
You for reading this.

Slops
My sister not being able to hit heads.
I was not able to give the Juniors' Victory Cups a home

Awesome!

I'll see you at Fairfax (Gliscor's giving me a ride so I can go :D). Would you rather have me send the Catcher through the mail, or give them to you at HW?

Also, how far away is Leonardtown? 2 Seniors :p

Round 1 sounded really hard. Your lucky.

I will pick them up at Fairfax since you are going. :D Leonardtown is a hour from me which means it is two hours from where you live (northern MD). Round 1 was really intense. I almost made a misplay by sending out What I've Done by Linkin Park but I was able to catch myself in time.

Another slop is I was not able to give the Juniors' Victory Cups a home. :( They will be so lonely.

I live near Rockville. Thats not that north. Montgomary County is 2 hours away? Wow. I can't believe there are no Juniors.

Well. it takes me a hour to get to Rockville by the Beltway so I was just adding a hour to the time. Leonardtown is in St. Mary's County just to let you know.

I have not gotten it yet because the prize support was shipped on Monday. The PTO is going to mail it to me.

Back