E3 2011 Speculation

Timeshift

Aspiring Trainer
This thread is intended for discussing who/what you guys think/want to see at this year's E3.

Discuss!

Mods, if there is already a similar thread please lock this one as I didn't see any others. :)

The new Wii 2 thing of course. The new CoD. This is a ways off (June 7th or something)

I'll probably watch all the press conferences as I did last year. It's going to be very interesting this year, as Microsoft won't have Kinect and Playstation won't have the move, so we'll likely see some new things.

Y'know, I can't believe it's only a month and a half away. Feels like last E3 was just a month ago. I only count Nintendo's press conference and anything associated with it as E3 announcements, and no one else, but here are some concrete and some not-so-concrete things that I would bet money on, even though no one would take me up on these bets:

Skyward Sword will get a release window (other than 2011) and another trailer, if not an actual release date.

Wii Play Motion and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will have trailers.

Some new Wii game will be announced to satisfy owners for this "holiday season". Maybe a new IP since we've had so many good revivals and stuff last year, but you never know.

3DS and Wii sales figures will be touched on, no doubt.

A few 3DS games will get trailers, specifically, Star Fox, MK 3DS, Kid Icarus, and/or any of the other possible choices.

The Wii successor rumors may be spoken about. I'm speculating a Wii setup, with a codename and revolutionary features this year, a real name next year, and a release after that. I truly want to know how rumors like these spread so quickly. Trusted sources. Pah.

OH. Of course. Mario 3DS will certainly get a trailer.

I'll add more if I think of more.

Indefinitely? So we don't know?

There's definitely going to be a release date for Skyward Sword. Other than that, not entirely sure.

Most of Nintendo's press conference will most likely consist of the 3DS and Wii 2 considering the only major Wii release is Zelda. There's really nothing left for them to announce on the system...although I would like Pikmin 3 to make an appearance. :F

dmaster out.

Guy89 said:
The new Wii 2 thing of course. The new CoD. This is a ways off (June 7th or something)

I'll probably watch all the press conferences as I did last year. It's going to be very interesting this year, as Microsoft won't have Kinect and Playstation won't have the move, so we'll likely see some new things.

Actually I'm predicting we'll have more Kinect and Move garbage shoved down our throats this year than last. Also why in the world would you ever think Sony and M$ would just abandon Move and Kinect? M$ has proclaimed that Kinect will be adding another 4-6 years to the systems lifespan, so we'll likely keep seeing Kinect/360 till somwhere around 2014-2016. Sony has also said that they're gonna milk this gen and the Playstation will live on for another few years.

dmaster said:
Most of Nintendo's press conference will most likely consist of the 3DS and Wii 2 considering the only major Wii release is Zelda. There's really nothing left for them to announce on the system...although I would like Pikmin 3 to make an appearance. :F

dmaster out.

Did you not watch Nintendo's last conference? They showed many unexpected games like DKCR, Epic Yarn, and Epic Mickey. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few new Wii titles before they move onto the Super Wii.

Oh yeah, I know they will have a lot of surprises. You can always count on them for that haha. I don't think we're going to see a repeat for this year on Wii like last year, however. It's just not looking as likely considering where their focus has been in this first Quarter, especially given the rumors that Wii 2 is coming this year. Why focus on a dead console with one last good game coming out? haha

Epic Mickey was by far NOT a surprise at E3 last year. The game was in development and being shown before that...

dmaster out.

What I was trying to say is that you shouldn't expect them to completely abandon the Wii. I am expecting a few new titles.

Also, I didn't know about EPic Mickey, so my bad.

Back