• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX/Magnezone

Great, good luck!

I think that turn 1 Brigette is what allows most decks (including this one) to set up consistently. I understand that your more than likely going to start with a Magnemite or Dialga GX, but if you don't play Brigette, your chances for finding the other pieces of this deck such as Remoraid are a lot lower. Also, in the rare scenario of starting with a Tapu Lele GX, if you don't have access to Brigette than you will definitely lose as you have no way to set up. What two cards would you suggest if you do remove Brigette? They have to be something of great value in order to justify replacing Brigette and there is nothing that I can think of that I would play over Brigette.

It wasn't until I did some play-testing that I realised how much this deck does rely on Brigette. I originally found I often opted for a Sycamore over a Brigette if given a choice as I already had the pieces of the puzzle I needed. After removing Brigette I realised that a lot of the time I could have really done with the extra benched Pokemon so I would agree with you there.

The one thing I have found with this deck though, is that a 1/1 Octillery/Zoroark line really doesn't seem to add to the consistency of the deck, it seems to cause more trouble than it is worth, especially with the 3 Sycamore, 3 Cynthia and 3 N as draw supporters. Maybe this is because you are only running one stage 2 line and all your other Pokemon are basics? Has anyone else found this? Or do you think the added ability draw is worth it?

It wasn't until I did some play-testing that I realised how much this deck does rely on Brigette. I originally found I often opted for a Sycamore over a Brigette if given a choice as I already had the pieces of the puzzle I needed. After removing Brigette I realised that a lot of the time I could have really done with the extra benched Pokemon so I would agree with you there.

The one thing I have found with this deck though, is that a 1/1 Octillery/Zoroark line really doesn't seem to add to the consistency of the deck, it seems to cause more trouble than it is worth, especially with the 3 Sycamore, 3 Cynthia and 3 N as draw supporters. Maybe this is because you are only running one stage 2 line and all your other Pokemon are basics? Has anyone else found this? Or do you think the added ability draw is worth it?

You need that extra draw power, especially late-game. If you get hit with N and only have one or two Prizes left, you could very well be in top deck mode which is never good.

FrostBite is 100% dead on with the Brigette thing. Your chance of winning increases far too much with her in the deck than opposed to any other one card, much less two. Heck, I use her for a remoraid/DM more than I do magnemite (start with them a lot) and nothing else. Honestly, this card has also brought me back late game down to a solo Magnezone, hit brigette for the DM and Dialga with 3 energy in hand and two in discard for Coronet. Retreated the active (already had energy from prev attack) and swept the rest of the game because I got those out. I just can't think of any one card better than her for this deck. As for other little techs, I have been trying out Energy Retrieval and to be honest, its only ok. There are times when I feel like its more important to loop one single DM contunually for knockouts and I think Fisherman does this with more ease and finesse. Also, if you have ANY energy already on that bad boy when you start your loop with fisherman youre pretty set for 2 attacks without a ton of pressure due to having the math right (1 on plus fisherman 4 = 5, minus three discard =2, plus two for coronet next turn = 4 and so on...). Two fisherman in hand with DM active is usually gg for me. I have yet to have an opponent crawl out from under that EVEN with guzma.

Houchins, here is the skeleton I use currently. The two empty spots are 100% fair game for experimentation

Pokemon (15)
3x Magnemite (BKT)
3x Magnezone
2x Tapu Lele GX
3x DM Necrozma GX
1x Remoraid
1x Octillery
1x Mew (FCO)
1x Dialga GX

Trainers (17)
4x ultra ball
4x rare candy
3x Coronet
2x Prof Letter
2x Choice Band
1x Field blower
1x Rescue Stretcher

Supporters (15)
3x Cynthia
2x N
2x Sycamore
2x Guzma
2x Skyla
2x Brigette
2x Fisherman

Energy (11)
11x Metal Energy

If you don't play Magearna Ex, you will suffer a lot against Espeon ex. Rare candy are limited and you didn't play the stage 1.

Magearna ex will also protect you against Greninja and a lot of bad effects.

Another point I don't think that this deck needs other attackers than necrozma/dialga/solgaleo prism but it needs something to make them tougher and for that Miltank seems really good

If you don't play Magearna Ex, you will suffer a lot against Espeon ex. Rare candy are limited and you didn't play the stage 1.

Magearna ex will also protect you against Greninja and a lot of bad effects.

Another point I don't think that this deck needs other attackers than necrozma/dialga/solgaleo prism but it needs something to make them tougher and for that Miltank seems really good

How's would Miltank fit in the deck? I don't see how you would be able to swap your active around easily in his deck?

I think that professor sycamore is not needed since you dont want to discard things like solgaleo prism or magnezone pieces.... four guzma isnt needed i think you could go down to two because you one hit k/o everything in the format to begin with so its better to play three skyla.... acerola sounds nice but since u only play one the chances of hitting it are extremely slim so its kinda not needed.... two professors lettter are needed.

Back