• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Durr (Conkeldurr/Vileplume)

Avacado

See you space cowboy...
26 Pokemon
4-3-4 Conkludurr NV
3-2-2/1 Vileplume/Bellosom
4 Pew Mrime
1 Amphroas HGSS
1 Pichu
1 Cleffa

4 collector
3 Twins
2 juniper
3 PONT
2 Cheren
3 Communication
3 Rare Candy
1 FSL

4 Rainbow
9 Fighting

Strategy

Start with mew prime and send off Amphy, then start energy accelerating to benched timburr to get lots of hp for Conkeldurr. Vileplume to disrupt and slow down opponent. 1 bellosom to try and heal damage off of conkeldurr.

The deck lacks 3-3 Electrode Prime to pump energies onto Conkeldurr, you also need to See Off Togekiss UD for Blessed Wings to remove damage counters on all your Pokemon for a DCE to keep Conkeldurr alive. N would be another good Supporter to run since you'll be behind on prizes, I'd take Cheren out for it. I don't think Ampharos Prime works that well in here.

Maybe splash in 1 or 2 Jumpluff so that Mew can be an effective Secondary Attacker to cover for Conkeldurr's Weakness to Psychic I mean you got Pichu to Playground for it so why the heck not? Muk might be hard to squeeze in this deck for Sludge Drag unless you run it over Jumpluff, your call man. Maybe run more FSL's, like 1 more maybe. Since you should run Togekiss in this deck, run 4 DCE.

Card Slinger J said:
The deck lacks 3-3 Electrode Prime to pump energies onto Conkeldurr, you also need to See Off Togekiss UD for Blessed Wings to remove damage counters on all your Pokemon for a DCE to keep Conkeldurr alive. N would be another good Supporter to run since you'll be behind on prizes, I'd take Cheren out for it. I don't think Ampharos Prime works that well in here.

Maybe splash in 1 or 2 Jumpluff so that Mew can be an effective Secondary Attacker to cover for Conkeldurr's Weakness to Psychic I mean you got Pichu to Playground for it so why the heck not? Muk might be hard to squeeze in this deck for Sludge Drag unless you run it over Jumpluff, your call man. Maybe run more FSL's, like 1 more maybe. Since you should run Togekiss in this deck, run 4 DCE.

Then he may as well play Mew Box. I'll agree that Electrode does belong here, but I'd suggest only a 2-2 line replacing the Mews, as well as drop the Ampherous in favor of either another Pichu or cleffa. I'd also suggest a 3-1-2 Vileplume which will give you room for another Pokemon.

IMHO Conkledurr is just not playable right now, and probably never will be. Faster and harder hitting decks like ZPS will simply catcher up stuff before it evolves or other decks will simply be developed to flush it. Durant comes to mind...

@Card Slinger J -- I think he means the regular Ampharos from HGSS, not the prime; the non-prime would be far more useful in this deck, since he could potentially be slapping 2 energies a turn onto Timburr by turn two.
However, I'm not sure if that alone justifies mew in here. Conkeldurr, will need a bit of time to set up; squeezing Muk in would help you stall a bit and give Mew another purpose.

I think that running this as a mix of mew and the dur is a great idea. Electrode Prime seems like a good addition, but maybe we can think of some other additions to make this deck work.

Relicanth: possibly to start for Mew. It gives you draw power and allows you to lost zone amphros.

Jumpluff/Crobat Prime: for when you have to attack with Mew.

Muk: To sludge drag benched pokemon, which can get a nasty attacker out and bring in an unprepared heavy retreater. With Vileplume they can only retreat by discarding energy.

Togekiss: Heals all of your pokemon without discarding energy. Mew and all cards attached will be shuffled back into the deck, but that is no problem.

Back