Durant makes me want to quit TCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
I really hate durant. Its not fun to play against, and its not fun to play. Its a vicious deck that requires no skill to play, no money to build, and it wins. Oh does it win. I played machamp at cities and it was my only loss. I think in about 10 durant games I've played I've only beaten it once. And the worst part is there isn't a good tech for it. You have to have a deck that beats it. Fire or trainer lock. Everything else really doesn't stand a chance.

I'm so tired of playing durant and losing, I'm seriously considering quitting until Heatmor comes out an this whole durant thing blows over.

So quit. Durant is in no way impossible to beat. If you cant beat them, join them.

Heatmor comeing out what hopefully is next set is a direct counter to Durant, OHKOing it for 1 colorless.

In most people I have talked to about durant say that it's really fun to play, and I agree.

It's not the best tech, but victini v-create can OHKO a durant no matter what if you have a full bench.

Just tech in one or two and add a rainbow or two.

You honestly can't tech against Durant completely because there will always be that chance that he'd mill your tech out. Durant is in no way impossible to beat. ZPTS, TyRam and anything that can OHKO Durant over and over again is a bad matchup.

Basically when playing against Durant, here are the fastest ways to beat it

1. Set up something that can OHKO Durant every turn or Trainer Lock
2. Use as little resources as possible and always keep an N or PONT in hand

These two ways are so effective in annoying Durant, it's not even funny.

How is durant not fun? I know it's a matter of opinion, but it's pretty fun to play. It also takes quite a bit of skill. As with all decks, you have to adjust it to your meta. Also, you have to time your crushing hammer/lost remover. Should I use a juniper or an N? Should I catcher up this benched pokemon or that one? Finally, so what if it's inexpensive? How is that bad?
btw, heatmor is in dark rush so we probably won't get it until after ND

Whether it's fun to play with/against is more a matter of opinion I think. It isn't the hardest deck to play, but it does take some skill, timing and discretion to play well and when building to adjust to your meta/play style. And why does it matter that it's inexpensive? Does a deck have to run 3-7 primes, 4-5 bulky basics, money techs and $35+ dollars worth of I/S/S's to be good?

Some matchups are good and some are bad, that's just how the game is. I wouldn't quit the game just because one deck is annoying.

i agree with you its not a fun deck to play or play against but you shouldnt quit just becouse of one card i have couple of ways to deal with it and a couple of decks that can stand up to it that isnt just fire.

1) mewgar i know what your thinking but its to slow and stuff it isnt that slow you can have it set up in two turns and you play seeker and catcher to get it away then you remove it with lost link hurl into darkness also you can get lucky with playing n and they have to draw into it same goes for spiritomb. : )

2)4 courners is a good deck to play as most of the stuff in there can otk durant and do it fast

3) chandelure with its ability is pretty good when you play dodrio so you just continiously switch them out its anoying as hell to play against with my deck it is anyway.

pluse heatmor is coming out next set as a specific counter towards durant so durant will see less play becouse you can teck 2 heatmor or more to counter the intare deck.

hope this helps you.

Don`t just quit because of Durant. Be smart, think hard and make a better deak. I promis if you try you will find a way. Im not try to sound mean but quiting makes u look weak. Thats what I tell my self! It helps me stay in the game and try harder. Just don`t quit because of a some stuped cards.

By the way I think that deak is boring too!

Get a really really bulky attacker out there that can OHKO Durant and a free retreat guy out on the bench and start OHKOing Durants. Thats the easiest way to beat it. Durant loses if you can OHKO unless they can stall out by dragging fat retreat cost guy on the bench. The reason for the free retreat guy is so Cobalion doesn't go up and start Iron Breaking your active so you lose that way.

pokemonjoe said:
How is durant not fun? I know it's a matter of opinion, but it's pretty fun to play.

The deck runs 2 pokemon. And only uses one attack. There's no diversity, no reacting to anything. You just pokemon collector, and devour. Every turn. The same thing. Over and over.

pokemonjoe said:
It also takes quite a bit of skill. As with all decks, you have to adjust it to your meta. Also, you have to time your crushing hammer/lost remover. Should I use a juniper or an N?

But you have to do all of those things in a normal deck. But in a normal deck you're also building up lines, trying to time things so you don't get catcher burned, deciding to get out your stage 2 supporter, or your main attacker, ect.

pokemonjoe said:
Should I catcher up this benched pokemon or that one? Finally, so what if it's inexpensive? How is that bad?

Because it means every other person (at my venue) is now running it because they don't have to trade for cards to make it.

venasour x said:
Get a really really bulky attacker out there that can OHKO Durant and a free retreat guy out on the bench and start OHKOing Durants.

So this is what I've been trying to do. But catcher + lost remover + hammer means you never have more than 1-2 energy. And if you happen to start with that 1 pokemon in your deck with a retreat cost of 2, you're screwed. You've got no chance.

megabarkerboy said:
3) chandelure with its ability is pretty good when you play dodrio so you just continiously switch them out its anoying as hell to play against with my deck it is anyway.

Chandelure (Lock and non-Lock) does not beat Durant at all. They outspeed you big time, and Chandelure needs a lot of draw to get KO's on Durant.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
Two words. Lost remover.

Your making such a big argument about how good it is, so just play it. The rest of us certainly dont find Durant unbeatable.

I don't like playing Durant either...but that's because I play Eelzone. XD

Anyways, it's by no means unbeatable. Zekrom uses Bolt Strike and OHKOs Durant. Take the recoil damage and use that for Outrage. That pretty much solves your problem. (Unless Rotom has a Rainbow.) Just be very card-conservative. I don't Sage's. I don't Pokemon Collector for three Basics. I don't use Juniper. (Who would?)

Serperior said:
I don't like playing Durant either...but that's because I play Eelzone. XD

Anyways, it's by no means unbeatable. Zekrom uses Bolt Strike and OHKOs Durant. Take the recoil damage and use that for Outrage. That pretty much solves your problem. (Unless Rotom has a Rainbow.) Just be very card-conservative. I don't Sage's. I don't Pokemon Collector for three Basics. I don't use Juniper. (Who would?)

That's the point, it just requires you to play differently than you would against other decks. It certainly isn't worth quitting the game over. The deck you are playing just happens to have a bad matchup against it. Zekrom decks didn't quit because Donphan was wrecking them, they teched against it with Tornadus. Catcher them yourself, run more switch/JA if you aren't already, etc.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
The deck runs 2 pokemon. And only uses one attack. There's no diversity, no reacting to anything. You just pokemon collector, and devour. Every turn. The same thing. Over and over.

It doesn't need more pokemon because it is incredibly efficient at what it does on its own and doesn't need anything else to function. I don't know anyone who would argue that this is a bad thing if the attack did anything else.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
But you have to do all of those things in a normal deck. But in a normal deck you're also building up lines, trying to time things so you don't get catcher burned, deciding to get out your stage 2 supporter, or your main attacker, etc.

The deck doesn't require a massive amount of skill to play, but neither does Tyram and that was 50%+ of the meta early BW and nobody complained then.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
Because it means every other person (at my venue) is now running it because they don't have to trade for cards to make it.

So take advantage of it, run Tyram or tech in a SEL/victini or anything that can get easy KOs on it. Decks don't have to be expensive to be good. Again, who cares if it's popular.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
So this is what I've been trying to do. But catcher + lost remover + hammer means you never have more than 1-2 energy. And if you happen to start with that 1 pokemon in your deck with a retreat cost of 2, you're screwed. You've got no chance.

Without knowing your list, I know Machamp is rough to play with against Durant, but Landorus helps and fits in pretty easily if you aren't already running it. As long as you can get KOs somewhat regularly you should be fine, and Landorus shouldn't have much issue with that (not saying it's easy mode, but it shouldn't be an entirely uphill battle).

AmishEskimoNinja said:
I really hate durant. Its not fun to play against, and its not fun to play. Its a vicious deck that requires no skill to play, no money to build, and it wins. Oh does it win. I played machamp at cities and it was my only loss. I think in about 10 durant games I've played I've only beaten it once. And the worst part is there isn't a good tech for it. You have to have a deck that beats it. Fire or trainer lock. Everything else really doesn't stand a chance.

I'm so tired of playing durant and losing, I'm seriously considering quitting until Heatmor comes out an this whole durant thing blows over.
/thread

Why has there even been discussion on this? Durant doesn't interact. It just places a timer on the opponent. It prevents an opponent from making any moves other than hoping you whiff Hammer flips. It takes less skill to play and play against than any other deck in the format.

Celebi23 said:
Why has there even been discussion on this?

Because we are a forum, and we discuss things.

Durant can be annoying to play against, but you just need to be smart and think about how you can play against it. If you're that frustrated against Durant, run TyRam, ZPST, or some other deck that runs it over. There is no deck in this format that is unbeatable; if you're forced to tech for Durant, then you're just going to have to.

stop complaining soon better cards will be out and if you are good at this then you will beat
Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back