Durant ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. 10 is very conservative, 8 is about right, even 7.

I think the 1-1 Steelix Prime line is highly recommended. As long as you make sure to never bench Onix until necessary, the Steelix will become very useful in a pinch. Especially if they manage to get all your Special Metals in the discard pile.

I also think Shaymin might be a good idea just so you can move them Special Metals around, preventing you from losing them right away to some Zekrom.

I have decided to dip my fingers into the art of trolling, and smear it upon this page.

Durant + Klinklang BW?

Slow, but it gives you something to set up behind your Durant line, and you can keep your energies mobile.

Shaymin is a one-use card, and has several problems including the fact that it won't be useful if someone decides to catcher it up.

But Kinklang has more issues with Catchers, interferes with the setup of the deck, and will slow the entire thing down infinitely. Shaymin can be seekered and wont slow down the deck as much.

Hence my mention of being trollish.

I think that maybe we should wait to see if we get anything else cool that will go with Durant?

Honestly Durant will be a cool deck by itself, but nothing to go crazy over and nothing that will win you tournaments. but it'll be fun little league deck. I think thats the extent of which durant goes. And I can't help but think of Duran Duran when I read his name.

I'm really looking forward to this card. It has great potential. I'm disappointed that it won't be in Emerging Powers, but it'll be in Noble Victory for sure.

I just wanted to point out that Vileplume completely prevents you from recovering any Durant in the discard pile, which completely destroys this deck. I suppose you could use Rescue Energy, but you can only get 4 back this way and it is much more difficult to use. Beartic/Noble Victors Cobalion with a Vileplume tech would really hurt this deck. Mew Prime and Crobat Prime would also give this deck trouble.

Maybe the only other tech you would want in a Durant deck is 1-1 Dodrio to give your Durant free retreat.

Durant already has only 1 retreat, so you can retreat manually just by discarding an energy and attaching your energy for the turn onto the next guy. I think Beartic would be one of the easier matchups for Durant because Sheer Cold doesn't OHKO Durant.

Flower Shop Lady still counts as recovery, though it is clear it might be a while before you draw back your fourth Durant. Given a Bearartic/Coballion + Vileplume decklist, there could easily be major deck damage done by T1, which would slam the setup long enough before you get out Coballion for the OHKO stream. Mew could pose larger problems, as you need at least 4 pokemon on your side of the deck for your strategy, making Mew easily shoot out Durant with Mass Attack (I have no clue why you suggested Crobat Prime, as there's no OHKO option if I keep retreating).

For lols, if you can always tech a Mismagius for revenge KO, but you'll still be at a heavy disadvantage (you have to build up stage 1's while all they need is just another basic).

Because of Durant's resistance it would still be tough to OHKO it with Mew and Jumpluff, especially if they are using Eviolite/Defender/special metal energy.

I pointed out Crobat Prime because it can easily be out on turn 2 (with Mew) and forces them to retreat or else get KOed and that would burn through their energies, especially running a ton of specials like rainbow (for Weavile) and special metal. Also, Eviolite, Defender, special metal energy, AND Durant's resistance do nothing against poison.

I may be overlooking something here, but making my point.

Well Crobat has a few problems.
1) Hardly anyone plays Crobat except in MewBox, where Jumpluff would be superior in this matchup anyways.
2) Poison can hurt, but with enough energy (not too much of a problem), you should be fine.

Crobat can be played with Donphan Prime, because you can poison and snipe around and use Donphan while you are getting set up and such, I have a friend who made a really good list with it

Let's stay on topic with Durant, please.

Instead of Flower Shop Girl, just run Revives. Gets straight to the point.

Durant needs to be as techless as possible, so although I like Kinklang, Dodrio, and the whole bunch, I think it should be straight up Durant with 1-1 Slowking and 2-2 Weaville.

Yes but Rotom is absolutely essential because if a Durant is in your prizes, you are done for. I would play 1-2 Alph Lithograph 4 with it but I will test to see if it is really a good option.

Aside from other techs, I would say just 2-2 Weavile so you have a better chance of getting a basic with 2 Sneasel and 2 Rotom. Slowking is kind of useless because you will be discarding the top 3 or 4 every turn anyway. It doesn't matter what order they are in. Slowking also gives them a Pokemon they can use Pokemon Catcher on, and with 2 retreat cost, you don't want to ever have it as your active.

blaZofgold said:
Durant needs to be as techless as possible, so although I like Kinklang, Dodrio, and the whole bunch, I think it should be straight up Durant with 1-1 Slowking and 2-2 Weaville.
Slowking is pointless as you're discarding 3-4 cards anyway.

I know Gengar doesn't see much play, but how would Durant face off against Gengar?

Also, I have been wondering, how often can a Reshiram deck get set up by turn 3? My reasoning concurs that a Durant deck could win against a turn 3 Reshiram set-up if you get 4 Durant turn 1 and can recover 5 of them 5 turns in a row as Reshiram KOs them. I know this seems unlikely for Durant, but depending on how many cards the Reshiram deck draws (and from what I have seen, they draw a lot) and what cards Durant discards, Durant could win with a turn 2 set-up as well. The important decks to beat are Reshiram and Yanmega so that is what I am focusing on first.

evolite+sp metal+revive+crashing hammer+lost remover ftw xp

swam your durant to deck your opponent out while crashing hammer and lost remover - ing the energies to keep your opponent from attacking your durant

Ledgon said:
I know Gengar doesn't see much play, but how would Durant face off against Gengar?

Also, I have been wondering, how often can a Reshiram deck get set up by turn 3? My reasoning concurs that a Durant deck could win against a turn 3 Reshiram set-up if you get 4 Durant turn 1 and can recover 5 of them 5 turns in a row as Reshiram KOs them. I know this seems unlikely for Durant, but depending on how many cards the Reshiram deck draws (and from what I have seen, they draw a lot) and what cards Durant discards, Durant could win with a turn 2 set-up as well. The important decks to beat are Reshiram and Yanmega so that is what I am focusing on first.

We've been talking about it. Hopefully, the strategy here would be to drop in pokemon such as Cleffa, Tyrogue, and Weavile, so when Gengar plays Seeker, you can sacrifice a Cleffa rather than a Durant. The hope is to outstall the lost zoning, and deck them out. Now they can kill off Durants one by one, but it's still a 2HKO, and we can retreat/play switch, and then seeker them back up to remove damage. Or we can just use Max Potion, since it only requires 1 energy to attack.

If you use 2-2 Magmortar and 2-2-2 Ability Emboar for 'Late-Game Mass-Discarding', while using Durant to start discarding early you could be on the verge of a playable deck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back