Help Dunsparce Sandstorm Legal in Standard//Expanded?

vyolet127

Aspiring Trainer
Will the Dunsparce from Sandstorm be legal when Celestial Storm is?? Because I've been hearing mixed reports that it has to be exactly perfect or as long as it still functions the same it will be fine??? So is it good? or no??

Will the Dunsparce from Sandstorm be legal when Celestial Storm is?? Because I've been hearing mixed reports that it has to be exactly perfect or as long as it still functions the same it will be fine??? So is it good? or no??

To know for certain, we'll probably have to wait for the English release. It is possible an attack name or something like that will get tweaked, in which case it won't count as a reprint. In case you haven't seen it before, this is from the Play! Pokémon Trading Card Game Rules And Formats document:

2.4. Reprinted CardsFrom time to time, cards printed in previous expansions are reprinted in a new expansion. Unless the older card’s text is functionally identical to the new version of the card, it will not be legal. Cards that have received errata (Potion, Rare Candy, etc.) are legal.

Please see the official Pokémon website’s Rules and Resources page for a list of cards that have been reprinted and are legal for play in the Standard Format.
Sadly, in spite of that final claim, I do not believe such a list is available from the official website.

Depends on if they want to pretend doubles isn't a thing. Using the new Dunsparce in doubles would not be the same as using the old one, which makes them functionally different.

The English scan won't help either, because the wording is different. This is gonna need a ruling to settle.

Depends on if they want to pretend doubles isn't a thing. Using the new Dunsparce in doubles would not be the same as using the old one, which makes them functionally different.

The English scan won't help either, because the wording is different. This is gonna need a ruling to settle.
If they wanted, they could rule it differently just for doubles; Not that anyone plays it anyway

In all honesty, we have to wait until they release it in English and we get a ruling as to whether or not the older verions will be legal.

I know the wording is going to be different, thats for sure. No idea if that's going to affect it. Then again, they did errata and allow Base Set Potion to be used in Standard (a card that heals for 20 got errattaed to heal 30....plus, Base Set didn't have the 'Item' monicker, so to that end, no one is going to be able to give you a solid answer until we have it in our hands.

Back