• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dugtrio / Eeveelutions

Chandler Rowland

Aspiring Trainer
I need some assistance with making my new Dugtrio / Eeveelution deck consistent. This is the most recent list, after play testing it extensively Saturday night. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Pokemon:
  • 4 Diglett
  • 4 Dugtrio
  • 2 Hawlucha
  • 2 Landorus
  • 2 Eevee
  • 2 Jolteon
  • 2 Flareon
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 4 Korrina
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 4 Fighting Stadium
Energy:
  • 6 Fighting
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Get Dugtrio and respective Eeveelution out ASAP to hit for weakness. Dugtrio + Strong Energy + Muscle Band + Fighting Stadium + Weakness = 240 DMG for one energy.

I feel this deck doesn't need the Landorus as most pokemon involved are low energy cost. Also I don't think you need the escape ropes due to low retreat costs. I would probably just go with 4 Trainers mail so you hit the supports and level balls you need.

I feel this deck doesn't need the Landorus as most pokemon involved are low energy cost. Also I don't think you need the escape ropes due to low retreat costs. I would probably just go with 4 Trainers mail so you hit the supports and level balls you need.
The only thing with the Escape Ropes is when you use them along with Hawlucha or Jolteon it turns them into pseudo Lysandres almost.

Find space for a couple of focus sash, they can allow you to soak what would otherwise be an easy OHKO. Just watch out for bats. I think FS is better in the golurk variant of eeveelutions. But one or two in here could make a difference at the right time.

Find space for a couple of focus sash, they can allow you to soak what would otherwise be an easy OHKO. Just watch out for bats. I think FS is better in the golurk variant of eeveelutions. But one or two in here could make a difference at the right time.
I like the idea, but is it worth attaching them instead of a muscle band do you think?

I think it will be situational, in my golurk I run three or four (still testing) because golurk does 120 (plus strong energy) so I can ALWAYS get a 2HKO on any pokemon (apart from wailord ofc) so fighting stadium and muscle bands are a bit redundant, but I would recommend testing one or two. Because it means you can at least get that second attack, and if you are hitting for weakness thats 120 twice instead of 120 once then having to set up again. I would recommend it as a play test option, make your own mind up but I think there will be times where a strong energy, muscle band and fighting stadium won't be enough to take the ohko even on some non ex's. But two attacks with just the strong energy and fighting stadium will take the KO.

Just something to play about with.

PS Love the DugTRIO pun.

PPS also use a 60 HP eevee not the 50 HP energy evolution one everybody seems to be taking as bats are a thing and 50 is an easy number for them to hit while 60 is as easy without committing a golbat to active with an energy.

I think it will be situational, in my golurk I run three or four (still testing) because golurk does 120 (plus strong energy) so I can ALWAYS get a 2HKO on any pokemon (apart from wailord ofc) so fighting stadium and muscle bands are a bit redundant, but I would recommend testing one or two. Because it means you can at least get that second attack, and if you are hitting for weakness thats 120 twice instead of 120 once then having to set up again. I would recommend it as a play test option, make your own mind up but I think there will be times where a strong energy, muscle band and fighting stadium won't be enough to take the ohko even on some non ex's. But two attacks with just the strong energy and fighting stadium will take the KO.

Just something to play about with.

PS Love the DugTRIO pun.

PPS also use a 60 HP eevee not the 50 HP energy evolution one everybody seems to be taking as bats are a thing and 50 is an easy number for them to hit while 60 is as easy without committing a golbat to active with an energy.

I will def. test it out, thanks. Haha, yea I name all my decks (like my Golurk/Eeveelution deck is "Go Go Captain Planet"). And I absolutely run the new Eevee.

Focus Sash doesn't work when Dugtrio's attack is dealing damage to your entire bench. If Mr. Mime was legal it would be considerable.

This deck should make place for a few Wally, the faster you get your Dugtrio and Eeveelutions in play, the better. Pherhaps you could reduce Korrina and VS Seeker by one.

Also I suggest to play a 3-3 line of Dugtrio and instead add these:

+1 Sacred Ash
+1 Eevee

That is actually not a bad point pinecone. I hadn't considered that, but I can see how that would be a problem.

Focus Sash doesn't work when Dugtrio's attack is dealing damage to your entire bench. If Mr. Mime was legal it would be considerable.
If one played Mountain Ring instead of Fighting Stadium (or went 50/50 on both?), you could avoid the bench damage. Sounds a little clunky though, probably better to pick one or the other.

i came across this deck idea as soon as i saw the eveelutions. However i did it with Medicham. When i play tested this i ran into problems when i didnt start with medicham. You need a strong basic that is gonna cover you. I am gonna suggest my decklist and let you run with it.
POKEMON - 18
4 Diglett
4 Dugtrio
3 Evee
2 Shaymin EX
2 Lugia EX/Seismitoad EX/Lucario EX/Machamp EX (somewhere along these lines.)
1 Jolteon
1 Vaporeon
1 Flareon

TRAINERS - 28
3 Arco Bike
3 Ultra Ball
3 Battle Compressor
3 VS Seeker
3 Trainer's Mail
3 Muscle Band
2 Professor Sycamore
2 Switch
2 Fighting Gym
1 Wally
1 Lysandre
1 Team Flare Grunt
1 Korina

ENERGY - 14
3 Double Colorless Energy
3 Rainbow Energy
4 Strong Energy
4 Fighting Energy

I believe this is close to how i played it. Just didn't fit me so i did not do extensive testing. But i like the deck idea. I would prob go 2 DCE and up RE to 4 and then get 2 EX Pokemon that covers another weakness like Grass or Psychic. The Trainer Engine i run with is in every deck with slight changes here or there and I have done TONS of testing with the Trainer Engine and i really like where its at.. Also remember to start off the game going 2nd. That allows you to evolve and attack same turn instead of RELYING on getting a wally and Evosoda among everything else you need. Always be the first one attacking, go 2nd.

Last edited:
Medicham's attack can't hit for weakness. Otherwise it would be the best stage one available, even better than vespiquen. I had the same idea.

Medicham's attack can't hit for weakness. Otherwise it would be the best stage one available, even better than vespiquen. I had the same idea.

Something I've been thinking about, but haven't put into practice, is Shrine of Memories combined with Medicham. It would allow you to attack twice with Meditite's 1 energy 20 dmg attack. On the surface this doesn't seem like much, but this attack does allow you to hit for weakness, and adding a muscle band or strong energy or Machamp makes it 80 dmg per turn. This would allow hitting a mega like Tyranitar or Rayquaza for 240 with two of the above. It might get pretty clunky though trying to run Eevee and Machamp on the bench... If we were keeping Celebi that would make this easier.

I've been tinkering around with Dugtrio as well, but it still feels a bit clunky. It does great against Rayquaza and Metal, but it has issues keeping up with Vespiquen/NM type decks. It really struggles against Primal Groudon and anything with Bats. Since your main attack hits your bench, sniping gets pretty easy.

Last edited:
It's worth considering. But medicham relying on shrine of memories has the same problem as golurk with dimension valley. All they have to do it play a stadium (or paint roller) and you suddenly can't attack. (properly)

Bunnelby tech is a way around this as you can recycle two of your stadiums per turn late game to try and get em back in the deck if you can keep bunnelby alive.

It is in expanded so he could still do it.

You should probably run only 3 Sycamore, 2 Shauna and add an Ace Trainer. This could help you out a bit if you're needing to cut your opponent's prizes down and get some breathing room.

Another option would be to take out a Lanorous and add a Shaymin-Ex with an AZ, that was you can keep consistency if that's an issue.

It's a manageable deck but it'd probably have more potential in expanded with Mr. Mime on the bench, then you could abuse focus Sash more easily.

I've been tinkering around with Dugtrio as well, but it still feels a bit clunky. It does great against Rayquaza and Metal, but it has issues keeping up with Vespiquen/NM type decks. It really struggles against Primal Groudon and anything with Bats. Since your main attack hits your bench, sniping gets pretty easy.

It hasn't been too great overall for me either. Another huge downside is Diglett only having 50 HP. Starting Diglett in the active makes the opponents Shaymin EX + Muscle Band combo a good move. Going 2nd and using Wally to get a Dugtrio attack off can be strong, but since you use your Supporter in Wally, sometimes you can't get that backup Diglett on the bench.

Fresh Water Set can help relieve bench damage done by Dugtrio and is especially useful when playing against Bats.

It hasn't been too great overall for me either. Another huge downside is Diglett only having 50 HP. Starting Diglett in the active makes the opponents Shaymin EX + Muscle Band combo a good move. Going 2nd and using Wally to get a Dugtrio attack off can be strong, but since you use your Supporter in Wally, sometimes you can't get that backup Diglett on the bench.

Fresh Water Set can help relieve bench damage done by Dugtrio and is especially useful when playing against Bats.

You alleviate it by running a heavier item based draw power core to be able to use supporters like Wally, but of course doing that you'd be leaving yourself open to Toad way to much.

Back