• I hate you Nintendo...

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Ho-Oh_Master

Member of the Midnight Crew
A DS upgrade?! =O
The new DS is called the DSi LL(XL for America and Europe) and the only difference to the regular DSi is that instead of 3.2 inch screens, we get 4.2 screens.

Here's more info:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/104/1040313p1.html

So...Hate it or Like it?

I guess it's better because of the bigger screens.
It sucks for the others who bought the DSIs.
I'm gonna stick with my Regular DS because DSIs and DSs are the same they both let you play DS games.

Interesting design. I don't think it makes any sense to "hate" it, as it's clearly a console aimed at a different audience (the elderly, poor sighted, those who just like big screens). It's nothing ground breaking, but then I guess that's not what it's supposed to be- it's just a slightly modified version of an already existing product, like a book printed in larger sized text.

Reason I say this is because we'll get the inevitable person barging into this thread and whining to their hearts content about how Nintendo are stupid fools, when the only thing Nintendo is actually doing is expanding its target audience (and as we all know by now, Nintendo really likes appealing to as many different people as possible).

Nintendo is just being Sony and Microsoft: money-minded. They could have made this before instead of making a smaller screen model first then saying HEY WE HAVE A BIGGER ONE

Reason I say this is because of the second paragraph in the previous post.

Well, this really sucks for people who bought the smaller DSi. :p
Looks cool. I might get it... one day. For now, I'm happy with my Pokemon DS lite.

meowth14 said:
Well, this really sucks for people who bought the smaller DSi. :p
Because things fitting in your pocket is totally overrated :O
Why is everyone always obsessed with how much everything Nintendo does will suck for those who bought a DSi? I didn't care about Pal Park, and I most certainly don't care about this.
BTW, It came out SEVEN MONTHS ago, and it'll probably take quite a while before this thing gets released. There's a time when investments were just worth it because of the time between the release and the next product. It's called product cycles, people who will buy this thing will have to be sad when Nintendo release YET ANOTHER DS, right?
Seriously, it seems like a lot of people are just sad for not buying a DSi and try everything to make those who did feel sad or something, I donno, what's up with you people? I'm sure you all feel sad for buying a 6th gen console now that the 7th gen consoles are out :O

Anyhow, this thing seems pretty silly, but I guess this is all part of their strategy of attracting all possible audiences. I guess the elderly and people who refuse to wear glasses will really enjoy this, but for now, it seems like a waste of good plastic. And the fat stylus looks fat and impractical... (thankfully it comes with a normal one as well).
The possibility of more battery life and more memory is the only positive thing about this, IMO, as a bigger screen means nothing when you're using just as many pixels to fill it up.

I've heard conflicting things about the battery life. Some people say it's more than DSi, some people say it's less. Still not as good as the DS Lite, for obvious reasons.

This is great for people who need a new DS. For the rest of the population, it shouldn't really matter. Save up for the gen 5 system, not waste 200$ on a brand new DS. I guess it's just a nice add-on that Nintendo purposely added later so all the spoiled kids have something to bug their parents for.

For anybody who already has a DSi, this might not be worth it. It's just the same exact thing except everything is bigger (epicially the stylus) Could be worth the money if anyone is looking for a DS/DSi.

I don't find this much use. Bigger DS is really big. Stylus looks ok. One of the only good things I like about this is the free games and the longer battery life. I'm thinking this is going to come sometime Spring next year.

dmaster out.

I like the larger stylus. I always keep misplacing my current one...

I guess I'm OK with larger screens....but it's nothing too special. The design looks decent, and I really love the brown one. The Red Wine color looks pretty nice, too.

However, these changes aren't enough to buy it if you already have a DS, IMO. I know I don't plan on buying any handheld consoles until the 8th generation comes out. (Of course, unless something happens to my current DS)

Back