• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dreadmill (Bunnelby / Wailord EX / Aegislash EX)

TheBlazingInfernape

Raging Inferno
Pokémon (13)
  • 4 Wailord EX
  • 4 Aegislash EX
  • 4 Ω Bunnelby
  • 1 Manaphy EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (39)
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 2 AZ
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Head Ringer
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 4 Dive Ball
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 4 Rough Seas
Energy (8)
  • 4 Splash Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

The whole point of this deck is to watch your opponent suffer. As the name implies, it is indeed a mill deck but with as much annoyance as possible. Like any other mill deck, Bunnelby is the main card, but he's got some back up. Enter Wailord EX, the highest base HP EX in the game. Basically, stall fodder if your opponent doesn't have a catcher or a Lysandre to drag Bunnelby out. Another form of backup is Aegislash EX, with his ability that prevents ALL effects from an attack from a Pokemon with special energy. Manaphy is there for the free retreat for Wailord.
Thoughts? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I find this deck very easy to get around. With other pokemon besides Wailord on the bench, it'll be easy for your opponent to KO your pokemon. Your only damage removers are AZ and Max Potion, but vileplume will shutdown your Max Potions and hit this deck hard with Vespiqen. Also, a NM/Vespiquen varients DL will give you problems as well. Sure you have Aegislash, but a simple Hex play will allow them to OHKO him as well. I think in some area Meta's this DL can work, but it depends on the meta in your area. There was a couple Wailord stall decks at states in Ohio this past weekend, but they didnt do so well. They either ended up with a lot of draws or losses because there was a lot of grass play.

I think instead of Aegislash, think about Jirachi for your Special Energy counter. Also, I dont see the need for special water energy. I get what it does, but I dont see that as needed. Id rather see 4 super scoop ups than 4 splash energy. Or 3 scoops and a Hex. Also, since youre trying to deck your opponent, you may want to consider a Birch or 2 rather than Sycamore.

Back