Ruling DragTrode: Why was it so popular?

chimaera_ex

Dragons = Raging Flying Horrors
I want to ask about the combo about Dark Dragonite and Dark Electrode that was very popular in the past when TRR was still legal... I understand how it works, but what's so special about it? You're hitting a maximum of 90 damage with 4 Dark NRGs, which isn't very cost effective... unless there are some other main attackers which I don't know of.

main attacker is rocket Sneasel ex. if u have 5 {D} pokes on ur bench, it does 80dmg. add another 4 Dark NRGs that come from DE and DD, and it does 130dmg, or 260dmg if WK applied, is
chimaera_ex said:
very cost effective
, dont u think?

hmm.... suppose if EX TRR was still legal, would adding the Rocket's Persian ex (EX UF) help in getting the pokes out?

Not really. One Dark Electrode and one Dark Dragonite is all you need in play. Rocket's Poké Ball can search them out quickly enough, and Rare Candy speeds them into play. Not to mention that if you're using Rocket's Persian ex, you have to use Rocket's Meowth, and he doesn't really work that well in Dragtrode.

People Played R. Scyther Ex in it =/. and do now, with R NRG it can even do 140.

m0nster1nc said:
No, you can't.  R energy can only do extra 10 with it and you have to discard after.

Why cant you then? R NRG does 10 more. and you do 130. 130 + 10 = 140.

Base Damage: 30
Dark Pokémon Boost: 60
Dark Boost: 40
R NRG Boost: 10
Total: 140

I'l' try to add Mightyena EX as a second attacker if TRR still legal format, and try to add some Sidney's Stadium (PK) for blocked abnormal status.

You could also go tech crazy with it as soon as the Holon's pokes hit the scene. You could run any type of pokemon in the deck and get away with it.

Yeah, it was pretty cool, except I'd like to see someone stupid enough to run a volbeat from the current format, just to make the other person annoyed.

Voltbeat would still lose to sneasel...anyways, it was played because 1) consistant, 2) tech crazy, 3) mad damage, and 4) very quick.

oh well i was wondering would rocket Sneasel ex count himself in the number of dark too? because it doesn't say anything about not counting itself does it? well it says each of your dark pokemon so i would assume that counts sneasel too

Back