• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dragonite and Friends (Dragonite / Aromatisse)

JoeRow

Aspiring Trainer
So I've made a deck and so far it seems to be working out pretty well! My inspiration for this deck came from DarkIntegralGaming's deck on Youtube! So thanks to him :)
So, here's my deck! I would love to know what people think and what changes I can make.

Pokémon: 19

• 2 Spritzee
  • 2 Aromatisse (Fairy Transfer)
  • 3 Dratini
  • 2 Dragonair
  • 3 Dragonite (Ancient Trait)
  • 2 Solrock (Solar Generator)
  • 3 Flygon EX (Voice of the Sands)
  • 2 Hydreigon EX (Dragon Road)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 3 Fairy Garden
  • 2 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Tierno
  • 2 Evosade
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 3 Muscle Band
Energy:11
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 3 Fairy Energy
Strategy:

The aim of this deck is to stall until the Ancient trait Dragonite is powered up and then just sweep in with Heavy Impact to sweep up my prizes!
Since Double Dragon Energy is treated as all types of energy when attached to a Pokémon, it can be manipulated with Aromatisse.
Flygon forces my opponent to make annoying switches.
Fairy Garden and Hydreigon gives my Pokémon free retreat costs, so I can move Pokémon and energy around pretty freely!

So, the main weakness of this deck is Special Energy removal. As I have no way to retrieve them from the discard pile, once they're gone, they're gone!
So, does anyone know a way I can deal with this weakness?

Maybe with Bunnelby (PRC). With its attack and its AT, you can recover 2 cards, so you can recover 2 special energy

Maybe with Bunnelby (PRC). With its attack and its AT, you can recover 2 cards, so you can recover 2 special energy
I was thinking about Bunnelby and I might try him out.
It's just that I already have Solrock who I'll need to sacrifice in order to use its Solar Generator, as it's unlikely it can survive a hit.
Would I just be giving my opponent easy prizes if I have to sacrifice Bunnelby too?

Back