Dragon selection???

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
A while back, scans were released for dragon selection. In it, we got a bunch of dragons, including a non SR version of our SR rayquaza, and fast ticket. Are these cards japan exclusive? Will they come out in the next english set? Thanks.
http://pokebeach.com/2012/01/all-dragon-selection-scans

I have a feeling they might be japanese exclusive but if they are released here in America maybe we will get them in with another set. It would be awesome if they released them in their own mini expansion like how they did in japan :) We were just introduced to dragon types in US, so we'll see! If we get them here in US, they cant bee too far away.

As far as I know these cards are exclusive to Japan at the moment. I believe there is some speculation that they will be released in North America in the Dragon Vault box/set in October. I'm not sure of the details though so hopefully someone else can clear that up :).

There's a Dragon Vault box coming out later in the year.
People think it will be a collection box of Dragon Selection, with all of the cards.
And maybe a pack or two :)
EDIT: Ninja'd :(

If not in Dragon Vault, then we could possibly see them sprinkled throughout the next couple of English sets, particularly because Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare were quite light on Dragon-type cards.

^ there you go! I forgot all about the dragon vault box!! Like everyone said it most likely contains dragon selection :p See, like I said, couldnt be too far away! ^-^

Even if it does come out in the Dragon Vault thing, none of the cards were that playable, other than Salamence (Maybe).

RogueChomp said:
Even if it does come out in the Dragon Vault thing, none of the cards were that playable, other than Salamence (Maybe).

Main reason people want it is due to the easier to obtain Rayquaza. Atm, it is ridiculously expensive, and won't come down unless the promo one is released.

Oh. I totally forgot Rayquaza was in Dragon Selection. But still. To go through all this to get a decent, not even game changing card.....

It may not be game changing, but it definitely has a place in the metagame now, being a good counter to Garchomp/Altaria with the first attack one-shotting so many things, and the second attack being a good answer to Rayquaza EX for eels.

RogueChomp said:

Don't forget about collectors who would be happy just to own the cards! :p

Puff said:
While a Dragon Selection Box would be nice, we do have one other so far Japanese-exclusive dragon thign to get: these .

That link isn't working for me.

I think we will be getting some of them (namely Rayquaza), and the ones we don't get will be in Dragon Vault.

Oh.
It's supposed to be a link to the news article on alternate full-art Rayquaza EX and Giratina EX.

I hope that the box doesnt have Rayquaza because I got one the other day and I want to be one of the only people to have one :p

Fast Ticket is also in that set and adds a whole new mechanic to the game that we haven't had since Sableye SF. Also, as mentioned before, Salamence and Rayquaza. We're getting this in English. Otherwise this might happen:
@ Worlds, American w/ Eels vs. Japanese w/ Some sort of speed deck.
American starts amazing but has lone Tynamo. "I wish Fast Ticket came out in USA so i could run it to help avoid donks..."
Japanese starts terrible but has T1 attacker + Ticket + DCE.
We're getting this in English.

Worlds doesn't work like that, actually.

The modified format at Worlds usually curtails to the North American format (for example, this past Worlds was HGSS-on). Japanese players had to stick with that format despite having cards that we don't have or have not gotten yet (for example, they had Dragon-type cards before Worlds but could not use them).

Back