DPPt/HGSS DP20's Platinum Nuzlocke I'm done and it only took me 11 days!

If I find a Zubat, in a new area should I try to catch it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dragonpulse20

Working on Platinum Nuzlocke
This is the first Nuzlocke I have ever done and I am told I am doing it on the hardest game. I saw Xdogking's Nuzlocke and I wanted to try it. There are also many other Nuzlockes going on and here is a link to all of them: Xdogking's , DV's , 6D's , LJ's , Yoshidude's , Paddy's , ZSL's , Pokevortex's

Anyway, I picked Platinum because I didn't want to restart any of my other games(Heartgold, my record Emerald(u can ask me why it is record), White, ect..). I'm going to pick Chimchar for my starter because piplup dies to 2nd gym leader, Turtwig is just bad, and Chimchar can hold its own till the 4th gym leader.

My Rules

-Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be put in the pc for life.
-You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in an area.
-All Pokemon must be nicknamed if I want to use them-all of mine are in Italian.
-Legendaries are permitted, although no more than 1 on a team at once.
-Different levels of caves, are different places
Those are the Nuzlocke rules and in the beginning with no pokeballs you forget about the 2nd rule. Now, on with the Challenge.

Day 1

It starts out Professor Rowan telling you about a world of Pokemon and asking for your gender and name, and if you need any info. I'm a boy so I picked a boy and my game name is DP20. It then shows that you are watching TV about Professor Rowan, until Barry comes in shouting. So Barry and I head out to get a Pokemon from Rowan. Aww, he hit me. We go on then Rowan stops us and I pick Chimchar naming him Fuoco which is Italian for Fire. Battle with Barry goes and he just uses growl while I just scratch to death. I get running shoes and head for Rowan's lab. I get TM Return, a Pokedex, and Pokeballs. I go back to route 201 and catch a Starly which I name Vento (Italian for wind). I go back to Lake Verity and catch a Bidoof that I named Castoro, which is Italian for beaver.

At Route 202 I caught a Shinx that I named Tuono, which is Italian for thunder. I am now in Jubilife City. I beat the Trainer School with ease, then got my Poketch. Training right now. Faced my rival in Route 3 and had to sacrifice Castoro, then I found another Bidoof for my Route 3 guy and caught him, naming him Castoro 2. In the cave on the way to Oreburgh City, I saw a Zubat for my first Pokemon, but forgot and killed it. In the Orebugh mines I came across a Geodude for my first Pokemon and named it HM Junkie because I will only use it for HMs since its nature is horrible(timid). Right now I'm training after getting Roark from the mines.

I beat Roark with my new evolved Fuoco from training. I had a close encounter with Onix and had to use a potion. In Route 207 I caught a Machop that I named Molte Braccia(MB on the game, too many letters), which is Italian for "many arms."I haven't decided if I want to trade him for an Abra to a in-game trade(if Nuzlocke rules allow). I'm heading back to Jubilife city. I beat Team Galactic with Dawn very easily with my Starley, and it evolved into Staravia. I didn't caught anyone in route 204 because it was a Bidoof. I caught another Shinx at Valley Windworks for my one guy there. I went and beat Team Galactic, and Tuono almost died of poison(2 HP left).

In Eterna Forest I evolved Tuono into Luxio. Also in the forest, Vento died because a foes Pakurisu got a critical hit with spark. I then caught a Hoothoot which I named Gufo which is Italian for "owl". In Route 205 near Eterna City, I caught a Silicoon and named it Farfella which is Italian for Butterfly(when it evolves). In Eterna City I saw the Pokemon statue and got HM Cut from Cynthia and annialated the gym with Gufo and Fuoco. I'm about to face the gym leader.

Gardenia wasn't hard at all. I used Fuoco and used flame wheel and OHKO all of them. Then I went and caught Rotom, which I named Fantasma Italian for "ghost", and a Gastly in the Haunted Mansion place.

Day 2

So now, I that I have the second badge I went to the team Galactic building. I got poisoned a couple times and had to use antidotes. I beat everyone in the building. I leveled up my guys some and evolved Farfella into a Beautifly. The scientist on I think the 3rd floor I had some trouble with. He had a lone Kadabra and started out using an x special on it. I had Tuono and used charge. Next turn he psybeams and I spark. He knocked me down to like 2HP! I switched to Farfella to sacrifice him and heal Tuono cause anyone else he would have OHKOed. Farfella gets knocked to 2 HP also and I use a super potion on Tuono. I bring Tuono back out and my quick claw kicks in and I kill that evil Kadabra. Death count 3.

Now I face Jupiter, I have no problem with Zubat, just spark to death, then comes Skunktank. I lead off with Fuoco and get it down to have health with me at less that half, and poisoned! So I swith to Fantasma to use Confuse Ray, and I switch in to Night Slash, which I forgot it had. Critical hit. So now I'm mad. I go full force flame wheel killing it with a critical hit. Death count 4.

Now to get my Bike. I go to the Bike shop and Cynthia comes up to me and gives me an egg. So I get my bike and hatch the egg and it is a Togepi! So from reading Xdogking's Nuzlocke I learn it might be useful later. So since 2 team mates died, I add it. I still haven't came up with a nickname yet, though, when I do to da namerater! Now to go to Cycling road, but first lets catch a Pokemon in route 11. I went in the grass and got a Chingling that I named Campane which is Italian for bells. I go down Cycling Road and beat trainers. I don't bother going into the Route 206 grass, yet.

Back to Oreburgh. I heal up and head to Mt. Coronet. I beat the trainers on the way and see Cyrus blabbing and being suspicious inside. I didn't use a repel I promise and somehow didn't encounter any Pokemon, don't ask me how. In Route 208 I caught a male Ralts that I might make into a Gallade later, or just a Gardevoir. Finally to Hearthome City. I got the gym leader away from the contest place and saw my mom, and she made me look "fly." I beat all the trainers in the gym and right now I'm training before I even attemp the gym leader. I had a couple close calls just from the trainers, I'm afraid of the leader.

Day 3

I head back towards Oreburgh to get flash. In Mt. Coronet I saw a Geodude that used selfdustruct, knocking my Tuono to 4HP. I go to Oreburgh and heal, then go to the gate and get flash. In the second part of the gate I saw a Geodude and just killed it. I got flash and got out of there. I decided to trade my old Machop for a Abra in Oreburgh so, I did and now it is a nice addition to my team. To Route 206! In the grass of 206 I find a Gligar and decide to catch it. It turned out to be Adament nature, finally good luck. I head into Wayward cave and catch a [Zubat that is currently in the PC. I find Mira and start trying to find the exit. When I do I stay near and just start grinding. I had previously got the Exp. Share from Dawn's dad, so I give it to my Abra. I just keep facing people till I have a Lv. 30 Kadabra, a Luxray, a Lv. 30 Monferno and then I start training Togepi and Gligar. That is what I'm doing at the moment. I'm grinding till all my guys are level 30 at least. I decided to quit grinding, I figured my level was high enough. So I go into the secret part of Wayward cave, and got Earthquake, and a Gible. I'm so happy, I though I probably won't use him. Then I went to face Fantina I 1 shoted Duskel with Bite from Tuono, and 2 hited Mismagius(1 bite he was done to less than 10HP and stritus berry kicked in), and 1 hitted Haunter with Kazza.

Day 4

I face my rival, piece of cake. A boring match. I then make my way through Route 9 and kill whoever I found first, I forget. I go get HM Defog in Solaceon town and go to Lost Tower. I catch a Gastly in Lost Tower, get the old ladies' items and head for Route 210. I stay away from grass, I will catch someone later. I then go to Route 15. In Route 15 I use rock smash and cut to stay away from grass, and what I do go through I find no one. Again, I will catch later. I get to Veilstone City and spend time gambling. I win 600 coins with the 70, that people gave me. Then I head for the gym. I knock everyone out fast with Kazza and anyone else I feel like using. I face Maylene and OHKO Meditite with Bite from Tuono. Then she lays up Lucario, I send in Fuoco and 2shot it with Flame Wheel. Then I send up Kazza for Machoke. Kazza is Lv.31, so it doesn't want to obey me. It finally does when its bout to be KOed, and it uses Psybeam for an OHKO. Now to beat up Team Galactic. I assist Dawn and get Fly.

Now for Crasher Wake. I head down Route 214 and catch a Rhyhorn that I named Corno, Italian for horn. Then I get into Valor Lakefront and catch nobody. I don't bother spending time looking for someone. There is only a little grass I pass through, no one pops up. I use my dowsing machine to get the lady at the hotel her key back and get a White flute. Then in Route 13 I caught a Buizel, that I named Donnola, Italian for Weasel. I get into Pastoria and head for the gym. I beat my rival, again, just as easy. OHKOing everyone. I then destroy the gym by using Kazza with shockwave, Tuono, and every now in then I used Togetic. I beat Wake the same way. Then, the fun part. I got to chase the stupid Team Galatic dude to the Lake, and beat him to a pulp.

Now I get to do Cynthia's errands. I go to Route 210 and just kill wild guys. I beat all the trainers and head to Celestic Town. I grab the Dragon Fang, and other items, along with a new Poketch app, and go into the cave after beating the grunt. I get to face the very weak leader Cyrus. I slay him and he leaves. I get Surf, from the old lady. That concludes day 4. Tomorrow, I probably won't get much play time, but we will see.

Day 5

Like I said at the end of Day 4. I didn't get to play much. I went to Canalave City, beat my rival to a pulp, didn't even break a sweat. Then I headed to Iron Island, tomorrow(which, since I'm writing this, is today) I'm going to find Riley and grind to like 45 or 50, all my guys. I still haven't decided for my 6th guy.

Day 6

I went through Iron Island and caught a Golbat that I named Pipistrello(Italian for 'bat'). I then found my way to Riley. Right now i'm training all of my team to Lv.45 and up.

Day 7

I continued to grind in Iron Island till all my team were level 45 and up. Then I beat the snot out of Team Galactic, and got an egg from Riley. I then got my shiny stone and metal coat. So, I evolved Pacifico, and went to the move guy with a heart scale and taught him Air Slash. I flew back to Canalave. I'm headed to the gym right now. I'm working on evolving Pipistrello the Bat. Not sure how much more I will be able to play tonight.

Day 8

I head to the gym and annilate everyone. Even the gym leader was easy. Then Professor Rowan blabs his mouth in the library and I head to Lake Valor. I beat Saturn then head to Lake Verity. I beat Mars, then head to Mt. Coronet. I just Repel everyone, I'm don't care about anyone in there anyways. I get to Route 216 and I go across the bridges away from grass. Catch someone later. I get to route 217 and catch a Snover, naming it Albero(Italian for tree). I get Rock Climb in the snow and go into the house to get my Icecicle plate. I finally get to Snowpoint after talking to Barry, and beat Candice and her gym badly with Fuoco. I go up to Lake Acuity and see he is a failure. I then head to Fuego Ironworks since I haven't been there yet. I catch a Floatzel out front, I just name him Donnola 2. I get Flamethrower and other items and trade Star Pieces I have saved for lots of shards.

I then head to Veilstone. I go and get into the building thanks to Looker the Gambler and beat everyone and get a key of my own. I go into the main building, beat everyone, get lots of items, and find Cyrus. He talks ALOT, and I get to beat him. He gives me a Master Ball(how nice) and I go to beat Saturn. He is even easier than the first time, so I release the Pixies. I'm going to train my old friend Castoro 2 into a Bibarel to use every HM move I need in Mt. Coronet and the Distortion World. I will then add him to my party for my 6th guy as an HM junkie. I want to only have 5 guys in my team in the Distortion World because I want to soft reset until I catch a Modest or Timid Giratina(I already have an Adament one) for future purposes. I will update later when I hopefully catch a Modest Giratina today.

I evolved Castoro 2 and taught him all the HM moves I needed. I decided to ditch Tuono, since I had Kazza and Fuoco with electric moves and Scorpione with a dark move. I went to Mt. Coronet and beat up lots of Galactic Grunts. I got to Spear Pillar finally and saw Mars and Jupitar. My rival showed up and we battled, very easy battle, although my rival was no help. Cyrus blabs then gets scared to death by Giratina. In the Distoration World, I make it to Cyrus, annilate him, then on to Giratina. I just threw a master ball and it was Adament nature, I soft reseted a couple times , one of which I caught Giratina at about 1/3HP and asleep with a Dusk Ball, only one throw. Still wrong nature. I decided that I will just get him perfect tomorrow, and I will probably go for half-way perfect IVs. That's all for today. The main gameplay is almost over.

Day 9

I kept reseting till I got a Modest nature. The IVs weren't good(2 in speed) but it was Modest. I went and talked to Rowan and he told me to get my 8th badge. I go through Route 222 and just kill a Floatzel. I get to Sunnyshore, see Flint, go get Volkner, and challenge the gym. Scorpione wipes them all out and Volkner was easy. I get Waterfall from Jasmine and head to the Pokemon League. I go through Route 223 wiping trainers out with Tuono. I just kill Tentacruel on the way. I finally get to Victory Road, I switch guys to get who I need and go into the cave. I beat everyone insight, making my Pokedex bigger and finally get out. I go into the League switch guys so I have my full team, and face my rival. I beat him with no problem. That's all for today, I will do more tomorrow.

Day 10

I decided I want my Pokedex done, so once guys from the Elite Four are put in it is complete. So I get on Serebii.net and find out what trainers have the Pokemon I need. So I round up trainers, beat them and get down to the Pixies. I go to Lake Acuity to catch Uxie. I knock it down to below 1/3 health with a critical hit from Air Slash on Pacifico. Then I use Aura Sphere, get another critical hit, and it is down to bout 2 health. I use Yawn, and then he uses yawn, so I switch. He then falls asleep. I throw a dusk ball, one click away. I throw some more, a couple ultra balls too. Then for the heck of it I throw a regular Pokeball and I catch Uxie. I head to Lake Verity, spook Mesprit. That is all for now.

Day 11

So I head to Lake Valor to catch Azelf. I go in and get it down to less than 1/3 HP and put it to sleep, it wakes up and uses Uproar, so I can't put it to sleep. I just start chunking Great Balls for the heck of it and one of them catches it! I was happy, now for the Elite Four. So before I went to face the best of the best, I went to Pastoria and taught Pacifico Aura Sphere, and Scorpione Ice Fang.

I go into the Elite Four building, heading for Aaron. Aaron was easy. I leaded with Giratina to take out Yanmega with Ancientpower. Then, Fuoco spammed Flame Wheel for the rest(i was tired of waiting for level 57 Flare Blitz.) Bertha is up next. Before hand I teach Kazza Grass Knot, to give me an edge. I lead with Kazza against Whiscash. Grass Knot 2KO. For everyone else I either Grass Knoted, or used Ice Fang from Scorpione. Onto Flint. For Flint I basically relied on his guys 2nd type weakness. Fighting for Houndoom, ground for Flareon, Rapidash, Infernape, and Magmortar. Basically Scorpione was the star of the show. On with Lucian. For Lucian, I used Scorpione for about everyone. Night Slash+X-Scissor=Everyone but Gallade. For Gallade I just Shadow Forced from Giratina

Now, for Cynthia. I leaded with Pacifico and 3KOed Spiritomb with Air Slash. She then put her Togekiss up and I switched to Tuono. I sparked him, but before he died, she switched to Garchomp. I just let Tuono die, I didn't care. So, I let Scorpione come out and 2KOed Garchomp with Ice Fang. He missed Dragon Rush 3 times! It was Karma. So she sent out Milotic. awwwwww. So, I sent up Giratina and just kept spamming Dragon Pulse and Full Restore. Her Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse, did a little less than half, so I could take 2, then Full Restore. She restored once, me a little more. I used Shadow Force a couple times, and everytime I did she used Mirror Force, I'm lucky. Milotic finally died and out came Togekiss again, at like half or more. I sent up Kazza I used Psychic(figured it would do more than Shock Wave) and knocked it down abunch, in the red. She knocked me down to like 40HP. She restored I used Psychic for bout half. I restored, she knocked me down low.I used Psychic and she Water Pulsed for KO. I sent up Fuoco and Thunder Punched for KO. I was faster. She sends up Lucario, I send up Scorpione, Earthquake, nuff said. She sends up Roserade, I lay Fuoco again and critical hit Flame Wheel.

I got into the Hall of Fame and my Pokedex completed. I went and got my National and headed to the Battle Frontier. I beat Flint and Volkner with my rival, although I OHKOed both guys everytime with Earthquake from Scorpione. I'm going to catch Heatran and Diagle and Palkia. But my Nuzlocke challenge is done. I count it as done when I beat Flint and Volkner. It was a fun challenge and I'm going to do it again on Platinum soon, but hopefully I will catch different guys. Although I hope that I catch another Gligar. Scorpione was the most handy guy I have ever had.

GRAVEYARD
399.gif

Castoro 3-3
397.gif

Vento 3-18
rotom.png

Fantasma 20-20
beautifly.png

Farfella 14-15
405.gif

Tuono 3-52
alakazam.png

Kazza 8-54

MY CRURRENT TEAM

392.gif

Fuoco Lv.57
Blaze
-Mach Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat

gliscor.png

Scorpione Lv.55
Sand Veil
-Ice Fang
-X-scissor
-Night Slash
-Earthquake
togekiss.png

Pacifico Lv.53
Hustle
-Yawn
-Aura Sphere
-Metronome
-Air Slash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All comments about my challenge are welcome

I'm done with my challenge, good luck to everyone else!

RE: DP20's Platinum Nuzlocke

I would imagine Chimchar would be harder since it isn't as bulky and isn't very good against the first gym, but this region probably has the most balanced starters. Good luck!

I evolve into Monferno before I face the first gym. Mach Punch all of them.

BUMP updated with day 2. would have done it sooner but I have been gone away from a computer all day, still got to play Platinum though. What should I name my Togepi?

Just added moves and abilities

How are you going so fast? It took me a week to get as far as you are...

You are really far :O. Your team looks good, I'm not sure how good Togepi is without access to Extrasensory and Headbutt. I think I could trade with you to evolve Kadabra, HG and Platinum can connect pre-E4 right?

I don't know on connecting?

Yeah Togepi without Extrasensory is very sad, that is why I like HG and SS. in HG SS the egg gets Extrasensory as its special egg move, I get uproar.

I just am really good at Platinum, and I have got a lot of time to play it.

I'm just happy my team is finally coming together. My last spot will be an eevee evolution, instead of Bidoof.

Yeah, togepi evolved! If I catch a gible later, that will be my last slot probably.

I just caught a shiny geodude in wayward cave! I know it wasn't my first guy, but I couldn't pass up on a shiny. It is my first legit one I caught. I just won't use him for the challenge.

I just finished writing my day 4 accomplishments. I have over half my gym badges.

Oh my god, you are farther than me with much stronger pokemon in half the time...probably because I play on a laggy emulator that goes really slow sometimes...but still, congratulations, you are doing amazing.

Wow you're really far. Your team looks amazing and you're farther than everyone pretty much really fast. Congrats.

You know, since Gliscor learns no ground moves by level-up, ypu should probably get the tm earthquake that is deep in the bottom floor of wayward cave. It'll probably help you a ton with Byron and Volkner, and it will make Scorpione just much better in general because he'll have a powerful STAB move.

Updated with Day 7. I should be able to play more tomorrow, today I had lots of things to do.

Day 8 is up. I don't know who to take off my team so I can soft reset for good natured Giratina. Please give advice and help me decide.

Updated with the rest of Day 8, going for perfect nature Giratina to add to my White when this challenge is done.

Back