• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Donphan (Seniors, Mainly States)

TCG

טקג
I will take almost anything I get for advise.

Here we go.

Pokemon: 19

4-4 Donphan Prime HGSS
2 Uxie LA
3 Sableye SF
2-2 Dodrio UD
1 Unown Q MD
2-2 Manectric PL

T/S/S: 28

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Broken Time-Space
3 Interviewer's Questions
1 Luxury Ball
4 Warp Point
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Bench Shield

Energy: 12

12 {F}

60 in Total

Strategy: Get Phanpy or Sableye out first hopfully, play BTS to get Donphan fist turn if I go second, use Sableye for Pokemon Collector, Bebe's, ect, get two Dodrio on the Bench for a Donphan-free-retreat (If I can only get one, I Unown Q it, and sacrifice one Energy), having Dodrio for Free-Retreat, I have Manectric as Dodrio getting sniped protection, and Manectric uses the Bench Shield for anti-snipe, SSU to save Donphan or re-use Uxie. Warp Point for Umbreon.

RE: Donphan (Seniors, Mainly States) (My Last Thread Here For A While :p)

So what can Sudowoodo do that Donphan prime can't? absolutely nothing except guzzle energy and hit for sub-par damage that Donphan can deal for only 1 energy, also no need for call energy in the deck, donk decks don't tend to run Call energy. Azelf can go aswell seeing as you don't play singles of any necessary pokemon

-2 Sudowoodo
-1-1 Dodrio UD (after a while the damage from EQ will accumulate meaning Dodrio will become easy snipe bait)
-1 Azelf LA
-1 Unown Q
-2 Interviewer's Question (pretty "meh" card)
-2 Warp Energy (with 4 Switch as well as Dodrio no need for Warp Energy)
-6 {F} Energy
(-17)

Though if anything you could drop Dodrio absolutely seeing as you have 4 Switch to help retreating, plus you don't want too much sitting on the bench if you're going to be using Earthquake alot early game though you could add a Manectric PL tech and a few Bench shield to protect your bench for snipers.

+2 Uxie LA (Seeing as you want to get ready T1/T2 you'll need extra draw power)
+2-2 Manectric PL (bench tech)
+2 Professor Oak's New Theory (Hand refreshment)
+4 Super Scoop Up (save Donphan's from being KO'd / reuse uxie)
+2 Bench Shield (further bench protection, but its mainly meant Manectric)
+1 Palmer's Contribution (in the event you find yourself losing resources fast)
+1 Broken Time-Space (3 is the absolute minimum you should play in donk based decks)

You now have 1 open space which you can use for anything you like. Just make sure that it benefits your deck in someway or at least helps you achieve your win condition faster. if anything you could even add a Mesprit LA to use in conjunction with Super Scoop Up for extended power lock.

Ones I agree with:

-2 Sudowoodo
-1 Azelf LA
-1 Unown Q
-2 Call Energy
-2 Warp Energy
-3 {F}

+1 Uxie LA
+2-2 Manectric PL
+4 Super Scoop Up
+1 Broken Time-Space
+2 Bench Shield

Updating.

idrumprettywell said:
make the switch warp point

I do not think so. Switch is perfectly fine.

why? warp point disrupts your opponent too and gets out of effects like umbreon ud. by the way, what's your umbreon counter?

Dealing 180 Damage with 3 {F} Energy.

have you read the text of umbreon ud's first attack?

One Second, I will go read it.

Edit: Maybe Warp Point is not such a bad idea... XD

Umm, a belted HGSS Phanpy can usually snipe an Umbreon for one energy. It's a little risky, but 90 HP should be enough to last a turn and then drop the Donphan, unless your opponent has a powered-up guy on the bench(cough cough Scizor Prime cough cough).

Ok, but that doesn't help the Deck. I think it is now perfect, so no need to have you guys suggest anymore.

Back