• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Donphan ERL for CCs, senior

Regi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon (18)
4 Phanpy HS
4 Donphan Prime HS #107
1 Entei & Raikou LEGEND UL #90
1 Entei & Raikou UL #91
1 Electrike PL
1 Manetric PL
1 Relicanth SV #79
1 Regirock LA
1 Unown Q MD
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S (28)
3 Pokémon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
2 Sage's Training
3 Judge
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Engineer's Adjustments

3 Stark Mountain

1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokémon Communication
1 Pokémon Reversal (don't underestimate this, I have won games with this)
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Warp Point
2 Expert Belt
1 Bench Shield

Energies (11)
4 Rainbow Energy
7 {F} Energy

The strategy is to get Donphan rushing with Earthquake T2 and later with Heavy Impact. If my active Donphan is going to get KO, I can move some Fighting Energies to my benched Donphans waiting to get attack. Stark Mountain is also good with Entei & Raikou LEGEND; I can put Rainbow Energy from my hand to ERL, move one from Donphan to it and Warp Point/Super Scoop Up my active Donphan and get lots of prizes from my opponent's Pokémon with Poké-Powers. Manetric shields my bench from recoil and sniping.

I haven't made any Triumphant-updates yet. I'm going to play this again at next week's Cities and I have wondered should I add some cards in like Seeker (works well with Warp Point), Black Belt or one Devoluter (against Gyarados I can use Eathquake once and then use Devoluter to evade Rescue Energy and get Magikarp to discard). Any suggestions?

Add Broken Time Space to get those awesome donks at the beginning of the game.

And i would take out engineer's adjustment. I understand what you're trying to do with the Regirock but there just isn't enough Energy to back up what you're doing. When your Donphan is about to be KO'd you only have enough time to send 1 fighting energy over to another Donphan. So when the first Donphan dies, you could use the Regi to earn back the energy.

Hope I could help!

-1 Engineer's Adjustment
-1 Relicanth
-1 Stark Mountain

+3 BTS

To discard Energy, you'll be much better off letting Donphan get KO'ed than running Engineer's. Relicanth isn't exactly needed, since Donphan counters Luxray already. If it is for sniping, then it still isn't necessary. Three Stark is just unnecessary. Adding some BTS helps with speed and donking.

I play this deck myself, and got some tips:

- Run 4 BTS and 2 Stark Mountain.
- 8 Fighting and 2-3 Rainbow should keep it up.
- 3 Warp Point and 0 Unown Q.
- 4 Bebe`s is overkill combined with 3 Pokémon Communication + Luxury Ball.
- Try runnin` 2-2 Manectric.
- Send Engineer`s Adjustments and Sage`s Training to Lost Zone (haha, get it?).
- Put in some PONT or a Chatot instead of Judge.
- Pokémon Reversal isn`t very necessary, but if you really want to run it, run 2 instead of 1.
- Try out 4 PokéDrawer+.

Back