Discussion Does Lurantis/Leafeon have a spot in the meta?

Eltyr

Aspiring Trainer
With Leafeon now you can evolve many Lurantis in one go, put in play both the GX and the promo one that increases damage by 20.
Lurantis in the deck means many grass energies, so the chance of a turn 1 leafeon is really high, and it accelerates energy to the bench, so you can get rid of the DCE. Also the healing comboes nicely, you can use float stones to use leafeon ability, retreat to Lurantis and attack healing 80 in one turn (and since you have the promo ones you can repeat this with guzma and pick off low hp pokémons on the opponent side.).
Havent tried this yet and am scared of the heavy hitting pokémons to do OHKo or 2HKO anyway, but should be fast enough to set up in two turns.
Any opinion?

Leafeon GX is the one card i am looking forward to the most. so many possibilities with that gx attack. i mean, playing basically the entire game with no GX attack sucks, but this way you might not need it.

throw a Golisopod line in there and you can really give yourself some options

Here's where i get concerened....the new wave meta is expected to be Metal-type deck. I believe this will in turn give rise to Fire decks being used to counter said Metal decks.

More fire decks = not good for Grass decks

Seems like you are a fan of Decidueye...
perfect for you because the main partner for Leafeon GX (at least that competitive players are looking at) is Deciduceye GX!
this deck runs ideally for the type of deck it is, Leafeon serves as an alternate attacker (Tauros GX being the main one) and a (arguably better) version of FOGP
Leafeon GX is the one card i am looking forward to the most. so many possibilities with that gx attack. i mean, playing basically the entire game with no GX attack sucks, but this way you might not need it.

throw a Golisopod line in there and you can really give yourself some options
uhh... the Golisopod line seems pretty random, most likely won't work. what's your reasoning?

perfect for you because the main partner for Leafeon GX (at least that competitive players are looking at) is Deciduceye GX!
this deck runs ideally for the type of deck it is, Leafeon serves as an alternate attacker (Tauros GX being the main one) and a (arguably better) version of FOGP

uhh... the Golisopod line seems pretty random, most likely won't work. what's your reasoning?

Just another Stage 1 line that would benefit from the GX evolution. If you're gonna be putting in Promo Lurantis, you're looking at 170-190 damage on T2-forward (first impression+choice band+1 or 2 lurantis) not bad for one energy.

and that was the GX Goli...the baby version (with resolute claws) can OHKO almost any GX once it get its energy (resolute claws+choice band+lurantis= 200-240 damage based on number of lurantis)

Last edited:
Just another Stage 1 line that would benefit from the GX evolution. If you're gonna be putting in Promo Lurantis, you're looking at 170-190 damage on T2-forward (first impression+choice band+1 or 2 lurantis) not bad for one energy.

and that was the GX Goli...the baby version (with resolute claws) can OHKO almost any GX once it get its energy (resolute claws+choice band+lurantis= 200-240 damage based on number of lurantis)
I guess, but Golisopod Gx is pretty circumstantial

Only when you can't get him out from the bench every turn. With 2 (3 is way better) its not hard to make the switch once per turn...with Acerola, Guzma, switch, escape rope, float stone (not my favorite because it takes away choice band) there's no reason not to have at least one way to pop a pod out for max damage every turn.

Can't wait to try this out to see if I'm crazy or not lol

Here's where i get concerened....the new wave meta is expected to be Metal-type deck. I believe this will in turn give rise to Fire decks being used to counter said Metal decks.

More fire decks = not good for Grass decks

This set will also give rise to Cyrus Prism Star, which I believe could serve to throw Lurantis decks off the moment of full setup in a similar way to Fire decks. How? Once all the basics are down, and the GX attack used on all 5, Lele+Tag+Cyrus can put all but 2 back in deck, undoing Leafeon's one GX move wonder, forcing the Leafeon-user into finding Golisopod/wimipod again, and forcing the use of soon-to-rotate options(Evosoda(last printed in Generations), Wally(last printed in Generations), etc.), and manual evolution of the 3 not chosen to stay out of deck by Cyrus card effect after they re-enter play after being thrown back by Cyrus...

If only there was a significant partner for Glaceon-GX, and/or Cyrus isn't existent as of that set, Ultra Prism would not be as a one-type pony as it appears (due to Magnezone+Dusk Wings Necrozma, which could bypass Cyrus(sorry, Metagross-GX, but since three of you are needed to make your deck feasible, you can't survive in this meta, assuming the Cyrus, one-use or four-use, gets popular)), and there would've been more "not-so-counterable-by-others" archetype options than Metal(other than Metagross), and maybe Lurantis/Golisopod/Leafeon-GX(latter archetype countered by Cyrus, as mentioned, so does not break the one-type pony made possible by Cyrus) coming from this set, but it is what it is...

Last edited:
it's gonna be fun deck, not sure if it's gonna be meta, but it holds itself, as for fire rise: metal is nothing but a hype
only viable deck is dusk mane necrozma with magnezone which is just more inconsistent than a deck that plays very similar: vikabulu

My man, you really think I don't have it proxied?

This set will also give rise to Cyrus Prism Star, which I believe could serve to throw Lurantis decks off the moment of full setup in a similar way to Fire decks. How? Once all the basics are down, and the GX attack used on all 5, Lele+Tag+Cyrus can put all but 2 back in deck, undoing Leafeon's one GX move wonder, forcing the Leafeon-user into finding Golisopod/wimipod again, and forcing the use of soon-to-rotate options(Evosoda(last printed in Generations), Wally(last printed in Generations), etc.), and manual evolution of the 3 not chosen to stay out of deck by Cyrus card effect after they re-enter play after being thrown back by Cyrus...

If only there was a significant partner for Glaceon-GX, and/or Cyrus isn't existent as of that set, Ultra Prism would not be as a one-type pony as it appears (due to Magnezone+Dusk Wings Necrozma, which could bypass Cyrus(sorry, Metagross-GX, but since three of you are needed to make your deck feasible, you can't survive in this meta, assuming the Cyrus, one-use or four-use, gets popular)), and there would've been more "not-so-counterable-by-others" archetype options than Metal(other than Metagross), and maybe Lurantis/Golisopod/Leafeon-GX(latter archetype countered by Cyrus, as mentioned, so does not break the one-type pony made possible by Cyrus) coming from this set, but it is what it is...

Honestly, with Cyrus being the way that it is (W or M active only) and being a prism card, I doubt it will make to big a splash in the meta. Yes, the disruption is good, but since the opponent gets to choose which two remain, the effect will be..... suboptimal. I think it will get tested a lot, and then dropped once everyone realizes it's not THAT good of a card. Parallel city is good because while it is out, it continues to disrupt your opponent.

I like the idea of it, but you need a guaranteed turn 1 Brigette to pull it off. I would personally play Leafeon with Decidueye, but everything is about Decidueye with me. I think playing it with Golisopod as well is a good idea, as not much can OHKO it, and Leafeon/Gardenia can just heal it right back up after. You could also put in a Turtonator GX to counter all the Metal and the mirror, seeing as 3 Lurantis will boost shell trap to 110 with a Choice Band, 220 for weakness which just about clears up any grass/metal type apart from Solgaleo GX. I think this is a good idea and it could get some recognition, but probably not high-tier meta, maybe about tier 3. I want it to be better than tier 3, but we'll see how it goes.

Well, Wimpod ability is pretty good for the deck, and first impression would be nice to get easy KO without charging 3 energies, but I would keep it as a secondary attacker.
Anyway I wouldn't focus too much on the promo Lurantis since they are easy to knock out and you need the gx to accelerate energy in the early turns.

Tested this against a Dugtrio and Buzzwole decks, works decent but could do better with more focus on the Golisopod (Picking off a buzzwole with first impression was an emotional moment)

Back