Discussion Does Garb affect the meta in a good way? Or a bad way?

You have to change the way you approach the way you build decks. Instead of running Item heavy list, look for other ways of doing the same thing. Maybe you don't need a turn one Professor Sycamore of Lillie and can just play a Pokemon Fan Club or similar card. Maybe cut a Ultra Ball or two and run a Supporter. Do you need to play Max Elixir and Trainers' Mail? You might be able to cut these for more ways to find Pokemon or just add more Supporters. Do you really need four VS Seeker? Maybe try cutting one for some more Pokemon.

The goal is to look at your deck and see what needs to be there and what can do that card's job better. You'd be surprised to find out what cards work better. You just need to figure out what works to maintain speed and fight effectively against Garbodor.

So every other deck has to cut on items except garb decks then?

So every other deck has to cut on items except garb decks then?

Garb players have to limit their items as well because of the mirror match being more and more frequent. I am actually liking the game a little more with the slower pace. It is much less punishing on even a slight delay at the beginning as opposed to the way it has been lately with either you start your full board state on the first, or worst case second, turn or you're losing. It also rewards good play in match and encourages creativity a little more in building decks.

well in mirror
Garb players have to limit their items as well because of the mirror match being more and more frequent. I am actually liking the game a little more with the slower pace. It is much less punishing on even a slight delay at the beginning as opposed to the way it has been lately with either you start your full board state on the first, or worst case second, turn or you're losing. It also rewards good play in match and encourages creativity a little more in building decks.

well in mirror match KO for weakness and get ONE prize. But for GX/EX decks u have to cut item usage since its 2 prized. but my main issue isnt the card. my main issue is that its overfilled 80-90% of ladder matches are against garbodor. it makes the game boring

I actually disagree with this quite a bit. The issue with facing the Garb deck (specifically Drampa style) is that it really only takes 2 turns for Drampa to start hitting your active for 150 (180 with choice band). That means when you are facing Garb, you are almost always in an arms race to dump Drampa before it dumps you. If you get Drampa down fast without having to use too many items (by not too many, I mean roughly 4), you have a shot at outlasting Garbodor throughout the rest of the game with good item management.

I think my biggest issue with the entire deck is that Garb *does* have a massive advantage when not facing the mirror. It can go to town on its items without fear of reprisal. It isn't like Garb isn't packing 18 items of its own. The fact that there is no real way to get items back out of your discard pile is what makes the card ridiculous in my opinion. I get that there are people who love the "slow it down" format we have which is really a translation for "I love the fact that decks are less consistent," but I am honestly very turned off by the current format. Basically, you either build Garbodor or build some slow tanky deck that beats Garbodor. Both options are extremely boring and TBH that pretty well applies to the entire standard format. We need some form of multi item retrieval similar to eco arm, but lord knows we won't get anything like that until 2 years from now and when we do, all sorts of people will start screaming bloody murder about Lysandre's Trump Card apocalypse part two. God knows, Pokemon couldn't possibly just create items that make the game slower rather than create a card that essentially beat sticks you for playing cards to make your deck consistent.

If that sounds like a rant, it is because it is. I disliked standard before GUR dropped when Deciplume was all the rage. Now it is completely yawn inducing.

According to the Wisconsin Regs results, the meta adjusts. Vespi is back, Metagross makes its debut, and Drampa/Garb saw significantly less success within the Top 32. Players will find a way to beat it as they have with other cards in the past. I don't really like Garbodor as a Pokémon, really don't like it as a card, but am pleased to see top competitors work around this monster and use different alternatives to counter it.

According to the Wisconsin Regs results, the meta adjusts. Vespi is back, Metagross makes its debut, and Drampa/Garb saw significantly less success within the Top 32. Players will find a way to beat it as they have with other cards in the past. I don't really like Garbodor as a Pokémon, really don't like it as a card, but am pleased to see top competitors work around this monster and use different alternatives to counter it.

Where can I get that deck list?

Back