Help Does Buzzwole go first or second?

SuperTrainerSamYT

Aspiring Trainer
so recently i have been playing buzzwole gx and have had lots of success. However, i am not entirely sure if this deck goes first or second. Any buzzwole players who can help me out? Thanks.

If you have the choice, you want to start yourself. This is because it lets you set up first in a mirror match, or when you get stuck with your remoraid or regirock, you dont have to attack. Most decks want to start themselves for turn 1 brigette and the early set up, so you dont want to give your opponent that advantage. In the end, you always want to start first, but isn't that bad if you dont go first.

If you go first, you can start pummeling with Knuckle Impact earlier. If you play Lycanroc-GX, going first is a no-brainer.

I play Buzzwole/Garb so it might be different (No Lycanroc or Max Elixirs), and my experience is: go first unless you know the opponent is playing Zoroark, then go second for the donk

Not only is it about your initial set up, but also about your evolutions. If you go first you're able to get an Octillery, Zoroark or Lycanroc all active first, which will improve your consistency to get more cards and be in a better situation to deal OHKO attacks later on.

The other thing of note though- is that a Buzzwole will still be able to get a KO on a Zorua if you're going first or second. Even if you go first; they cant (I guess with Wally they could) evolve, so if you can get one active you'll get that KO as well with a jet punch.

I like going 2nd since with 1 Strong Energy and a FFB it can OHKO any 60HP Basic excluding stuff like Pumpkaboo.

I like going 2nd since with 1 Strong Energy and a FFB it can OHKO any 60HP Basic excluding stuff like Pumpkaboo.
I've played over 250+ games with Garbo Buzzwole and in my experience you ALWAYS want to go first. I understand you can get a quick KO on bacis non-GX pokemon if you go second, but in order for that to happen you're asking for a lot. I found that dropping brigette on turn 1 out weighs an early KO. Also with all the Zoroark-GX decks going around its much better to set up your bench so on the follow turns you can get your Garbo-toxin ability on line. In most cases the player who goes first dictates the first bit of the game provided they get a good hand ie brigette or most of the Pokemon they would get from brigette.

Definitely first. Getting a T1 Bridgette and allowing that momentum to compound is a tremendous advantage.

However, the beauty of da BUZZ is that you can go second and not be as behind as most decks. Jet Punch OP!!!

Back