Dittomon

When it comes to re-sizing them, I fail

Musharna.jpg

Musharna^

newdunsparce.jpg

New epic dunsparce

Meguroko.jpg

Meguroko

Yea, with the Grass starter, I'm still trying to fix it up, I'm stuck using paint and getting a new photoshop soon :D

Nice job guys on the work so far, I'll probably do the rest of the legends (which means I call dibs on them all) and then figure it out from there, are you all using the Ditto sprite as a base for the colors?

Wow these sprites [ditto form] are coming along very nicely. Though the only one that needs to be improved at the moment is the grass type starter.

Ah, will do on the .PNG. if anyone else wants to try the grass starter? I've tried and I just cant work on the colours with him .. woops :p and yea im using Ditto's colours

The grass type Pokemon [in ditto form] is looking much better now. Also try saving the image as a .png file.

I will make the sprite sheet for this, and do my own fair share of work. However before some of these are put on I firmly believe we can touch-up on the outlines and coloring overall. If you are incapable of doing this let me know and I can help out. But seriously...some of these outlines and coloring styles overall are terrible.

Chillarmy.png

I'm guessing most of the terrible ones are mine ;)

If its just not right I can walk away :p

I've just started with sprites recently

This is KILLING all of you, no joke. Look here; (Just using that one as an example since it is right above this quick reply box. ;p)

Clicky since image stretched page.

Notice how the outlines are NOT solid black on ditto, nor on a regular sprite. However on your guys sprites they all seem to have a solid black outline. This is a definite no and it kills the potential I see from the rest of the sprite. The outline should never be solid black, period.

ALSO MS Paint is one of the best pixel art programs you can use for spriting, and PS is one of the worst it's to much complication for such a simple process. So having MS Paint is no excuse for having bad sprites.

Edit: Now to show I know what I am talking about;

29m10te.gif

Code:
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/29m10te.gif[/IMG]

Old:
Denchura.png
New:
Denchura1.png

Is that what you mean? Is the difference big?

AH! now i see, *just saw your example*

Denchura1-1.png

is that right?

eh, I'm just a noob, someday I'll have this down

this is starting to look very nice. and when it comes to the outline thing, i dont even take the time myself to redo borders, I just click the darkest on each and then cut paint paste and then work my way through, though I'm going to experiment with an idea in PS and see if i can recolour them all at once so all that needs to be done is the face.

Paint has no transparency. Photoshop is best. and the rest of you, save as PNG or I will explode.

Guide on the outlines and using MS Paint coming soon.

@ Nod3: If your going to use PS for the actual sprite I suggest you don't it's one of the worst for spriting. Sure paint doesn't support transparency, so what? Just C/P to PS or GIMP and use the magic wand tool to delete the white background and save it. It's simple, and your using the better spriting program.

Back