Disappointed with card condition

DeepBlue Squirtle

I liek Squirtle
Recently at the MD PR, the boosters I received and the additional ones I bought, most of the Reverse Holos were scratched. The most unforgettable ones were a Mewtwo, Phione and Prinplup. The Mewtwo and Phione had scratches all over and a spot where I could see the silver colour behind it. The Prinplup, had two stripes go right from the bottom left towards the top right part of the card.

Has anyone else had a bad experience opening their packs like I did?

It's happened to me quite a few times, but it could be from when the cards were packaged. Nothing you can really do about it, IMO.

I've noticed it a few times. They are still usable though, right?
EDIT: Since I posted this I've bought Glaceon deck and 7 MD boosters. All the holos were in fine condition. I pulled x2 Umbreon, x1 Jolteon, x1 Vaporeon RH...and a Mom's Kindness

That's when you email PUI about it. They are always happy to replace a card if it's damaged. I've gotten cards from the tins before that have been in the worst condition at the beginning. I just send it back to them, and they send me a new one. just be sure to message them first about it.

i had that problem at the sw preralease they had whit stripes done the back of the carso i had to pu themin sleves

This is due to the machines that sort the cards and sometimes damaged ones get packaged with the good cards. This is very rare however. It does happen. Send PUSA a message and tell them and see if you can get an exchange or a refund.:)

A player at my league pulled two Dialga's that were both peeling the top layer of their card off. He just glued them and they're almost as good as new, but that's pretty poor IMO.

mega potato said:
that is bad...
but still, at least it isnt something rare being damaged.
it just shows that people should take care of cards

People are taking care of cards. We're talking about the condition the cards are in when coming out of the pack. How are you telling people to take care of cards that they haven't even touched?

Anyway, to answer your question....on the go-pokemon website, there's a contact area for customer service. Email them, and they'd be able to help you out.

Also sometimes cards get damaged during shipment to stores all over the world because of the bumps that trucks go over and when they shift sometimes they get damaged. Just like any other item you buy from a store not all items are going to be great. Remember ther are people handling the cards during shipments. A lot of us forget sometimes because they don't realize that it is like every other item. It is not just cards but cans of food also have the same problem and so does everything else you buy. Once and awhile you will get the bad end of an item but not all the time. I have gotten bad cards from friends but most are in pretty good shape. Just remember 1 thing. Not everything is perfect.:)

xxashxx said:
Also sometimes cards get damaged during shipment to stores all over the world because of the bumps that trucks go over and when they shift sometimes they get damaged. Just like any other item you buy from a store not all items are going to be great. Remember ther are people handling the cards during shipments. A lot of us forget sometimes because they don't realize that it is like every other item. It is not just cards but cans of food also have the same problem and so does everything else you buy. Once and awhile you will get the bad end of an item but not all the time. I have gotten bad cards from friends but most are in pretty good shape. Just remember 1 thing. Not everything is perfect.:)

Cards getting damaged during shipment is not logical.

How can a badly scratched card found in the middle of a booster pack get damaged during shipment?

That sounds no good. havent happened to me yet, but id be angry. I think you should contact pokemon usa in the op-page like secretsof2113° said.

malikhisyam said:
xxashxx said:

Cards getting damaged during shipment is not logical.

How can a badly scratched card found in the middle of a booster pack get damaged during shipment?

It depends on what the carrier is carrying to the store. Yes sometimes things do get scratched during shipping. It is possible for something at just the right amount of pressure and angle to scratch a card through the cover it can happen. Things are loaded into trucks with forklifts and even a fork lift can damage cards if the are at the right height and angle. It does not take much to scratch a card through the package. You may not understand because you are still young and learning. When you get older though you will understand why things get damaged during packaging and shipping.:)

Even when the uncut sheets of cards are pulled off the printing presses, they can get damaged. The blades on the cutters can damage cards too. There's a lot of stuff in production that can cause cards to get damaged.

This thing never really happen to me or even if it did, I did not bother much about it UNLESS the Holo or Reverse Holo cards is very good & expensive!! I guess all this scratches happened either during the shipment OR maybe when they are producing the cards... =O

Back