Ruling Dipplin

GalaxyH3R0

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Dipplin.jpeg

Question about this 'Dangerous Apple Noodle '.
I am not trying to start an argument; just a genuine question about the functionality of the card

I did some pre-release events this weekend and had a question about how it works. The way it is worded makes sense to me: knock out the current [dealing 100] (w/ Full set up [Festival Grounds in play and loaded bench]) and then attack again to the new active [again, dealing 100]. However, for some reason, some local Judges read it as attacking the same active twice for 200 damage.

I find it hard to believe that Pokémon printed this little guy to do 200 damage with ONE energy on ONE Pokémon, just because there is a stadium in play. So you are telling me that this Black OPS apple, for one grass energy and a Maximum Belts attached, can come out and swing for 250 and sweep most EX Pokémon without even thinking about it?

So you're telling me that this Assassin apple, for one grass energy and a Maximum Belts attached, can One Hit Knock Out (OHKO) on an undamaged Charizard ex. It can creep from the bench, and Isaac Newton, this grown fire lizard, deals 450 damage because of gravity (weakness bonus) and then has the audacity to sit in the active with the attitude of "Sorry about your Lizard, I feel from my branch, but you can take a prize IF I DONT HAVE A LEGACY ENERGY ON HAHAHA'. IF SO, I will run this Apple nuke 4x4 until it rotates out because, YES, Assassin Apple. OR hear (read) me: does it attack twice for 200 damage, and is it SWEEPING an undamaged Charizard ex with Hero's Cape for 800?!

Please feel free to post your reply, I am interested in how Dipplin works

I don't know that I understand most of what you're writing there, but: with a full bench, the apple can attack once for 100 (200 if weakness), and then can attack again for 100 (200 if weakness). If the first attack KOs the active, the opponent switches in another. It does not attack four times, if that's what your'e asking. The second sentence about knock outs just clarifies that a KOed pokemon would be swapped in between attack 1 and attack 2, not that you get attacks 3 and 4. However, it does attack twice into a single active if it's *not* knocked out (so it would do 400 with a full bench to a tera dark Charizard ex). (Note that it would actually do *500* to a Charizard ex if it has a max belt on - that 50 is added twice.)

I don't know that I understand most of what you're writing there, but: with a full bench, the apple can attack once for 100 (200 if weakness), and then can attack again for 100 (200 if weakness). If the first attack KOs the active, the opponent switches in another. It does not attack four times, if that's what your'e asking. The second sentence about knock outs just clarifies that a KOed pokemon would be swapped in between attack 1 and attack 2, not that you get attacks 3 and 4. However, it does attack twice into a single active if it's *not* knocked out (so it would do 400 with a full bench to a tera dark Charizard ex). (Note that it would actually do *500* to a Charizard ex if it has a max belt on - that 50 is added twice.)

It's crucial to understand that the OKed Pokémon has to swap anyway because the opponent has to promote an active Pokémon. So, here's the full setup with Dipplin: Festival Grounds in Play, full bench, one Grass energy attached in the active spot. Ability: Festival Lead: If Festival Grounds is in play, this Pokémon may use an attack it has twice. If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokémon, you may attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon."

You have an undamaged Tera Zard [330 HP] [1] in play, and a second one [no energy, damage enough for knock] on the bench and Pidgeot [no energy, damage enough for knock]. Dipplin attacks Zard 1 with "Do the wave" for 100 but due Festival Lead [Ability: Festival Lead: If Festival Grounds is in play, this Pokémon may use an attack it has twice.] and weakness it hits for 200; Now Dipplin attacks for 200 per attack but due to weakness its 400. Cool Zard 1 touches some grass and it is Knocked Out and I take two prizes, because you have promote something into the active spot, the Zard 2 [damaged] comes in active. You wiff your turn because I said so.

Dipplin attacks again for 200 per attack [weakness] knocks Zard two [take two prizes], I still have an attack left so Pidgeot promotes to active, and Dipplin hits for 100 for knock [take two prizes] for game. Correct?

It seems wild to think for one energy on a Stage 1 Pokémon, you can take the game if your lucky and energies are prized or removed, or at the bottom of the deck, and it costs one energy. I hope this is clear enough for my though process.

It's crucial to understand that the OKed Pokémon has to swap anyway because the opponent has to promote an active Pokémon. So, here's the full setup with Dipplin: Festival Grounds in Play, full bench, one Grass energy attached in the active spot. Ability: Festival Lead: If Festival Grounds is in play, this Pokémon may use an attack it has twice. If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokémon, you may attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon."

You have an undamaged Tera Zard [330 HP] [1] in play, and a second one [no energy, damage enough for knock] on the bench and Pidgeot [no energy, damage enough for knock]. Dipplin attacks Zard 1 with "Do the wave" for 100 but due Festival Lead [Ability: Festival Lead: If Festival Grounds is in play, this Pokémon may use an attack it has twice.] and weakness it hits for 200; Now Dipplin attacks for 200 per attack but due to weakness its 400. Cool Zard 1 touches some grass and it is Knocked Out and I take two prizes, because you have promote something into the active spot, the Zard 2 [damaged] comes in active. You wiff your turn because I said so.

Dipplin attacks again for 200 per attack [weakness] knocks Zard two [take two prizes], I still have an attack left so Pidgeot promotes to active, and Dipplin hits for 100 for knock [take two prizes] for game. Correct?

It seems wild to think for one energy on a Stage 1 Pokémon, you can take the game if your lucky and energies are prized or removed, or at the bottom of the deck, and it costs one energy. I hope this is clear enough for my though process.
No, I think you're confused here.

Dipplin hits twice, for 100 (base) each time. That's it. Each 100 hits whatever is in the active. If the first 100 knocks something out, then something else has to be promoted in the middle to take the second 100; but it doesn't get to attack *another two times*, just the second 100 hits the new active.

No, I think you're confused here.

Dipplin hits twice, for 100 (base) each time. That's it. Each 100 hits whatever is in the active. If the first 100 knocks something out, then something else has to be promoted in the middle to take the second 100; but it doesn't get to attack *another two times*, just the second 100 hits the new active.
That's what I said 😄. the 200 is because of weakness in this situation. I understand that it hits 100 twice into the same active BUT if attack one hits and knocks the active, the NEW active takes the other hit. I figured it out, while posting this. Thanks for your feedback though 😁

I think newton discovered gravity because an applin fell on his head. Also, I never realized that zard ex had a weakness to it. Easiest setup ever. This is better than any counter. So excited to actually use this.

I think newton discovered gravity because an applin fell on his head. Also, I never realized that zard ex had a weakness to it. Easiest setup ever. This is better than any counter. So excited to actually use this.
It was a play on the special art promo zard card from the UPC a few years a go. It pictures zard sleeping under a tree, I found it funny

Back